Posting pics to the forum

The place to for general Subbuteo threads.
Neil
Administrator
Administrator

Posting pics to the forum

Postby Neil » 29 Oct 2009, 17:31

Save the pictures to your computer.
Maximum size for posting pictures directly to the forum is 1024 x 1024 pixels.

When you post to the forum, underneath "Upload attachment" below the message space, you will see a box with "Filename" at the side of it.
Click on the "Browse" button, at the right of the box, which will open a new window on your computer.
In this window, find the picture you want to display, double click on it, click the "Add the file" button and the picture will be loaded into your message.
Click the "Preview" button at the bottom of the message space to see how your picture will look.

The filename of the picture can be seen in the "Posted attachments" section at the bottom of the message and can be removed by clicking "Delete file" (useful if the wrong picture has been selected).

This can be repeated for up to five pictures per post.

Please note you cannot load a picture to a blank message, so add a brief comment.

When happy with the preview click "Submit" and your message with pictures will be loaded to the forum.

For information on resizing pictures, see here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=11637" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Link for Picture Resizer: http://pictureresize.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Or edit in Photoshop, click on Image Size to save as new size.

Focus On
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber

Re: Posting pics to the forum

Postby Focus On » 29 Oct 2009, 21:24

Neil-why do they come as small thumbs??

i know you can click to enlarge ect but isnt there a way you can just upload the pic at 1024x full size???
Tatran Presov Hooligans 'C' Section!!

Jon Rosten
Grand Master

Postby Jon Rosten » 29 Oct 2009, 21:46

neil,

i see posts/comments on team photos have been removed.
i have no issue with that at all but can you clarify just for the record that you want to keep that section for photos only and no reaction to photos.

ta

jon

lionofludesch
Grand Master

Postby lionofludesch » 29 Oct 2009, 23:09

I'd prefer they didn't unless there's some useful comment or information on them.

Otherwise, we'll end up with a string of posts saying "nice team" or summat.
FIFA World Cuptipping competition
Winner 2010 and, joint with Takis,2014

® :angry:

Jon Rosten
Grand Master

Postby Jon Rosten » 29 Oct 2009, 23:26

fair comment.

cheers

jon

Neil
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Neil » 30 Oct 2009, 10:21

Mark,

Board settings have been altered so that any pictures posted from now on will now display at full size. I've tested this with your Celluloid Ref 30.

Jon,

The photos section is intended for photos only with all discussion going in the main Reference Section.
People have made it clear they don't want to be interrupted by comments when enjoying photos. It also can be annoying when someone is taking time posting a series of pictures and someone else jumps in and adds comments which interrupt the intended flow of the pictures.

Neil

Jon Rosten
Grand Master

Postby Jon Rosten » 30 Oct 2009, 10:33

thats fine neil.

thanks for clarifying

jon

Focus On
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber

Postby Focus On » 30 Oct 2009, 11:46

Mark,

Board settings have been altered so that any pictures posted from now on will now display at full size. I've tested this with your Celluloid Ref 30.

Jon,

The photos section is intended for photos only with all discussion going in the main Reference Section.
People have made it clear they don't want to be interrupted by comments when enjoying photos. It also can be annoying when someone is taking time posting a series of pictures and someone else jumps in and adds comments which interrupt the intended flow of the pictures.

Neil

yer a good man, saves time ect and saves uploading to a photohost too, lovely :D

spudski

Postby spudski » 30 Oct 2009, 15:34

If i use this way of uploading a photo, they appear massive...see ref 180 pic :O
If i use photobucket, they come out at a very acceptable size.
What am i doing wrong?

Neil
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Neil » 30 Oct 2009, 16:36

If i use this way of uploading a photo, they appear massive...see ref 180 pic :O
If i use photobucket, they come out at a very acceptable size.
What am i doing wrong?
Ian,

Strange one this - you shouldn't be able to post pictures with a blank message, but you managed it here (when I tried to edit your post the system insisted I add some text).

There is a maximum picture size of 1024 x 1024 pixels, which is pretty much the same as Photobucket etc.
Your 180 pic is actually 3072 x 2304 pixels, possibly it's too big for the system to cope.

Could you try a smaller picture?

spudski

Postby spudski » 30 Oct 2009, 16:41

:lol!: Typical...I'm a computer genius & i didn't even know it... :lol!:

I'll see whether i can edit it.

Thanks for the response Neil

Cheers

Ian

Focus On
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber

Postby Focus On » 30 Oct 2009, 17:28

Ian, best thing is take pics in 1024x768 on your camera settings, then upload from pc direct

SO MUCH easier

most of my 'big' pics are 1600x, this is where i was going wrong, did a few tests and it looks fine now

weird thing is a 1600 on tinypics looks huge and on photobucket upload looks too small......go figure that??!!

most of Radagas pics 'look' at the 1024 lenght/width..when i post newuns mine are the same size now

and yes i do have penis envy size deep emotional inadequacy issues :|

spudski

Postby spudski » 30 Oct 2009, 23:32

Cheers for that Mark. Will give it a go.

spurs1975

Postby spurs1975 » 04 Nov 2009, 22:10

TRYING TO UPLOAD PICTURES BUT KEEP GETTING MESSAGE SAYING TO BIG DO I NEED PHOTO BUCKET WHAT EVER THAT IS I KEEP READING ABOUT ON THE FORUM SOMEONE PLEASE ADVISE WOULD LIKE TO GET PHOTOS ON THE FORUM

CHEERS LADS

rossobantam

Postby rossobantam » 05 Nov 2009, 20:04

TRYING TO UPLOAD PICTURES BUT KEEP GETTING MESSAGE SAYING TO BIG DO I NEED PHOTO BUCKET WHAT EVER THAT IS I KEEP READING ABOUT ON THE FORUM SOMEONE PLEASE ADVISE WOULD LIKE TO GET PHOTOS ON THE FORUM

CHEERS LADS
yep, simply register for free with Photobucket, and click 'upload image' then 'open' the file/image you want from your pc ...you can create lots of photo 'albums' (hundreds of photos) for nowt.

Once it saves to PB (only takes a few sconds) you then name it, and then if you hover your mouse cursor over the picture a box appears under it with a few options/links..the one you'll mainly use is 'imgcode'. Highlight the text in the imgcode box, right click on your mouse, click 'copy'

Then on the message you're posting on here, simply right click, and 'paste' the text ...you can preview the photo , then if all ok hit submit...job done!

Dave :guiness:

Return to “General and Collecting Topics”