The Good, The Bad and The Ugly...New Stuff review

The place to for general Subbuteo threads.
subbuteoman

Re: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly...New Stuff review

Postby subbuteoman » 27 Mar 2011, 15:22

Guys,
Thanks for starting this thread. I'm a regular user of this forum but sadly not a regular contributor
which I aim to change.

SuperFooty welcomes all feedback and many thanks to all those who have given their time to do so.

Firstly. apologies for our goals :cry:
The frames are generally fine however the nets aren't.
I now, personally hand cut and fit each net which has solved this issue.

Painted teams........more apologies :cry:
Quite correct, we've been saying that they were going to be produced for a long time now.
The good news is that they're currently in production. We were hopeful of getting them for
last Christmas and it's almost April now - you get the picture.

The first 10 teams should be available April/May with new additions every 8 weeks or so.
There will be a broad spectrum of kits spanning the last 50 years - some generic and
some specific.

I'll post a preview on the Forum as soon as I have samples.

Without giving too much away, the teams and packaging embrace some of the feedback
we've already received to provide a quality product at an affordable price.

As I said, we welcome all feedback and please feel free to contact me via the Forum or WTS website
with your thoughts or questions.

Thanks again and all the best.

David Baxter
dave@worldtablesoccer.com
dave@superfooty.com
flip Ecxellent Dave. My 16 year old daughter is now playng plus all her mates. Count me in for 10 teams when they come off the production line,

tamig

Postby tamig » 27 Mar 2011, 15:47

Guys,
Thanks for starting this thread. I'm a regular user of this forum but sadly not a regular contributor
which I aim to change.

SuperFooty welcomes all feedback and many thanks to all those who have given their time to do so.

Firstly. apologies for our goals :cry:
The frames are generally fine however the nets aren't.
I now, personally hand cut and fit each net which has solved this issue.

Painted teams........more apologies :cry:
Quite correct, we've been saying that they were going to be produced for a long time now.
The good news is that they're currently in production. We were hopeful of getting them for
last Christmas and it's almost April now - you get the picture.

The first 10 teams should be available April/May with new additions every 8 weeks or so.
There will be a broad spectrum of kits spanning the last 50 years - some generic and
some specific.

I'll post a preview on the Forum as soon as I have samples.

Without giving too much away, the teams and packaging embrace some of the feedback
we've already received to provide a quality product at an affordable price.

As I said, we welcome all feedback and please feel free to contact me via the Forum or WTS website
with your thoughts or questions.

Thanks again and all the best.

David Baxter
dave@superfooty.com
Great to hear from you on the forum Dave.

I think the figures are top class for painting and - as you know - my only gripe is that the bases could maybe be a bit more weighted. Other than that I think you've got a great product and I look forwrd to dealing with you more in the future and welcome your enhancements.

Cheers,
Tom.

matteo
Apprentice

Postby matteo » 27 Mar 2011, 17:01

Hi David,
That's fantastic news - I look forward to adding some of your new team range to my collection. I hope you can understand why I didn't include Superfooty in my review - I just didn't think it would be fair to compare your u-paint range against the products I reviewed as it wouldn't have been comparing like for like. I think if I were starting from scratch (rather than adding to an already existing collection) then Superfooty would be my choice as a starter set - especially now that the team range is coming to fruition. To be able to get everything from one brand - a full ecosystem of sets, accessories, u-paints and a team range all at a very reasonable price is a really exciting prospect. I wish you every success with it.

All the best,

Matt

World_Table_Soccer

Postby World_Table_Soccer » 27 Mar 2011, 19:17

Guys,
Thanks for your comments.
Nicolas, the bases were intended to be a cross between a HW and a modern pro base but without the additional weight.
As Tom pointed out they are a bit light compared to other bases which is something we're looking into changing.

"Subbuteoman", it makes it all worthwhile when we get great feedback like that - many thanks.

Matt, no problem at all. I totally agree on why SF weren't in your review. Our product development has been slower than
hoped and we'll need to produce more to be considered in the future. Work in progress (again)

Right, I'm just off to contact the factory re. the teams! Will keep you posted.

Thanks again to all - much appreciated.
Dave

dave@superfooty.com

subbuteoman

Postby subbuteoman » 02 Apr 2011, 17:55

I should have clarified what I meant about the Superfooty goals. So apologies to Dave. The Goal frame is fine, its just the nets which were poo.

World_Table_Soccer

Postby World_Table_Soccer » 14 May 2011, 13:27

Guys,
Slightly later than planned here's a preview of the fist 10 SuperFooty teams in the new range.
We've gone for some of the more predictable teams in the first batch namely kits in the style of:-
Celtic, Man Utd, Liverpool, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Inter, Milan, Chelsea, Arsenal, Juventus

The packaging design is still being finalized which means the individually boxed teams won't be available for
a few weeks yet. Currently, the teams are only available as part of the SuperFooty Classic Edition.
http://www.worldtablesoccer.com/engine/ ... ic+Edition" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

All the kits are "classic" in essence, with some being more retro than others and there were some limitations as
regards what could be machine painted but generally, the quality is very good.

The Real Madrid, Chelsea and Liverpool kits have 3 stripes painted on the sleeves which can be seen on the
detail photo on the WTS product page. The vertical Stripes and hoops are perfectly straight which is a nice change
from when I used to hand-painted everything.

Look forward to your feedback. All the best!

Cheers'
Dave B.
http://www.worldtablesoccer.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.superfooty.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Attachments
WTS-10-team-splash-800.jpg
WTS-10-team-splash-800.jpg (79.15 KiB) Viewed 4043 times

subbuteoman

Postby subbuteoman » 14 May 2011, 14:16

Brilliant ! Great news Dave. I will be taking a Celtic and an Arsenal off yer hands straight away, followed by a Man City which I assume you will be doing in the next batch. Any idea what your box art will be yet ? Any chance of a pic ? Also, what are the individual teams going to cost ?

Paul.

lionofludesch
Grand Master

Postby lionofludesch » 16 May 2011, 07:32

Dave - how are you doing, pal ? :wave:
FIFA World Cuptipping competition
Winner 2010 and, joint with Takis,2014

® :angry:

odoiporos
Grand Master

Postby odoiporos » 16 May 2011, 12:39

Really interesting to read! Thank you for taking the time to study the teams and write this "report"!
Stefano

subbuteoman

Postby subbuteoman » 16 May 2011, 17:18

Any chance of a reply to my queries above Dave ? :|

Vikash
Grand Master

Postby Vikash » 17 May 2011, 05:36

Dave, this is such amazingly good news 8)

Another great range to collect then :awe: I trust national teams and international club teams will also be done. Hoping for as many Argentine club teams as possible, and as many national teams as well.

So looking forward to this :P
How about them transparent dangling carrots
How about that ever elusive kudo

subbuteoman

Postby subbuteoman » 17 May 2011, 09:12

Where are you Dave ? The publics waiting here and lots of potential customers. :guiness:

lionofludesch
Grand Master

Postby lionofludesch » 17 May 2011, 09:51

The Kingdom of Fife ? :?
FIFA World Cuptipping competition
Winner 2010 and, joint with Takis,2014

® :angry:

World_Table_Soccer

Postby World_Table_Soccer » 17 May 2011, 11:00

Hi Paul (and all),
Absolutely no problem to reserve any teams you want. There is a team production list but if you have any specific requests I'll do my best to accomodate them. The packaging is still under development so I can't give any sneak previews but once everything is confirmed and production started I'll post something on the forum.

Any queries etc, just drop me a line...

All the best!

Dave B.
http://www.worldtablesoccer.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.superfooty.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

World_Table_Soccer

Postby World_Table_Soccer » 17 May 2011, 11:02

BTW, I am in Fife for the time being :)

Return to “General and Collecting Topics”