The Good, The Bad and The Ugly...New Stuff review

The place to for general Subbuteo threads.
Vikash
Grand Master

Re: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly...New Stuff review

Postby Vikash » 17 May 2011, 11:27

That is brilliant, Dave 8)

Did you get my email? Hope you did.

I would like to send you a list of teams that you can work with, if you don't mind. Up to you in the end regarding which teams you choose but perhaps it might give you an idea what I would be looking to get from you. All the usual suspects, and I think you should also look to cater for the American market - the current NASL teams would be popular with many in the USA and outside.

South American club teams and national teams would be fantastic, and I know would prove to be popular :wink: I am not sure if you would be willing to do the better known African club and country kits, eg. Kaizer Chiefs (the gold and black halved shirts from a decade ago was very attractive); Orlando Pirates; Al Ahly; Zamalek (same as the Turkey kit actually); Hearts Of Oak (really attractive kit from two or three years ago). Just an idea of course.

Cheers!
How about them transparent dangling carrots
How about that ever elusive kudo

subbuteoman

Postby subbuteoman » 17 May 2011, 12:33

I would add to that as follows. Apart from National and International kits all of which are obvious choices, do the major European kits, plus Man City, Hearts, Hibs, the Premiership, the Championship, Irish teams etc. The list is endless. Im not telling you how to do your business and I know there might be operational constraints, but for what its worth, I think you should try to offer all the old Subby refs. Or as many as possible. Thats what I would do in your shoes anyway.

Paul.

Vikash
Grand Master

Postby Vikash » 17 May 2011, 12:53

That sounds good, Paul 8)

I like the old Subbuteo kit idea a lot. Maybe some of the most loved kits like ref. 54 and 33, etc. As you rightly say the list is endless.

I trust Dave would start with the most popular club and national teams, then get stuck into some of our other requests. His choice of course. I just think this is so brilliant.

Would love to see plenty of national teams done. There have been some fantastic kits over the years. Just had a look at the Iran 2009 kit with the thin red and green stripe down the left side of the shirt. Rest of the kit is white, but those two stripes just make the kit stand out. Simple to achieve but so attractive.

Ciao!

lionofludesch
Grand Master

Postby lionofludesch » 17 May 2011, 13:04

t'd be interesting to know whether there's a bigger demand for current strips or what are effectively repainted Old Subbuteo references. :? :-k
FIFA World Cuptipping competition
Winner 2010 and, joint with Takis,2014

® :angry:

Vikash
Grand Master

Postby Vikash » 17 May 2011, 13:40

t'd be interesting to know whether there's a bigger demand for current strips or what are effectively repainted Old Subbuteo references. :? :-k
That is an interesting question, Richard :wink:

Dave did say: "All the kits are "classic" in essence, with some being more retro than others..." I would think that means we will see a mixture to please all tastes :)

World_Table_Soccer

Postby World_Table_Soccer » 17 May 2011, 14:17

Hi Guys,
Many thanks for your feedback.
I wanted to have a mixture of the best kits from the 50s onwards and some of the original Subbuteo references will definitely feature in the range. Some kits will be generic and represent more than one actual team whereas some will be team specific.

There are some design limitations in terms of machine painting so there may be a delay in producing some well-loved kits while a solution is found for those particular issues.

The market dictates that the more popular teams will be featured first but it would be boring to stick rigidly to that plan so there will be some more interesting teams featured as soon as is reasonably possible.

Thanks again and keep the feedback coming.

Cheers'

Dave B.
http://www.worldtablesoccer.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.superfooty.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

subbuteoman

Postby subbuteoman » 17 May 2011, 15:14

Great stuff Dave. Like Vikash I would be very excited about the Superfooty range widening. I would probably buy 3 or 4 teams a month, depending on whats available and pricing etc. One more thing, for GAWDS sake keep offering the traditional bases and dont just settle for slidy flat bases only. But you probably already know that. When I purchased my Superfooty starter set last year I loved the whole product but I WOULDNT have bought it at all if it hadnt had the traditional bases. Just a thought.

Paul.

subbuteoman

Postby subbuteoman » 25 May 2011, 09:04

BUMP. Any word on these new teams Dave ?

subbuteoman

Postby subbuteoman » 21 Jun 2011, 23:25

BUMP AGAIN ! This is for the newbies ( no offence meant ) to read who have been asking questions about what to buy etc.

kyushotiger
Apprentice

Postby kyushotiger » 04 Sep 2011, 06:58

I'd just like to say that I have some Total Soccer teams and I really like them. I agree that the later versions are better, I bought a Fiorentina team on holiday in Italy (latest version 2010/2011 kit) this year and the quality is better than my Real Madrid team (2008/2009 kit), also the figures are fitted into the base better. I understand that the makers of Total Soccer have bought the rights to use the Subbuteo brand name? If this is true then I am really looking forward to seeing what they produce next!! The total Soccer teams are great for new/younger players because they are near impossible to break due to being a rubbery plastic, no broken ankle worries with them! They are not ugly just "different".

matteo
Apprentice

Postby matteo » 09 Sep 2011, 19:22

I'd just like to say that I have some Total Soccer teams and I really like them. I agree that the later versions are better, I bought a Fiorentina team on holiday in Italy (latest version 2010/2011 kit) this year and the quality is better than my Real Madrid team (2008/2009 kit), also the figures are fitted into the base better. I understand that the makers of Total Soccer have bought the rights to use the Subbuteo brand name? If this is true then I am really looking forward to seeing what they produce next!! The total Soccer teams are great for new/younger players because they are near impossible to break due to being a rubbery plastic, no broken ankle worries with them! They are not ugly just "different".
I must admit the figures are starting to grow on me a bit in terms of appearance. I'm still not convinced with the bases though. I've got one of the earlier teams so it's very interesting to hear confirmation that the newer ones have seen improvements. It will indeed be very interesting to see what Netcam do with the Subbuteo brand. They've done some very impressive things from a business perspective with Total Soccer and with a more traditional Subbuteo product they have the potential to do great things. Then again with any new Subbuteo product there's a massive potential for disappointment.

What's most interesting to me is what basis they are proceeding under in terms of using the Subbuteo brand name. Is it licensed and therefore taking over the Fabbri contract or have they bought it from Hasbro (unlikely) - does anyone know for sure? Most importantly where will this new Subbuteo range leave all the other table soccer producers? - especially if it is more readily available outside of Italy than Subbuteo La Leggenda has been.

matteo
Apprentice

Postby matteo » 22 Sep 2011, 18:56

Just a quick update as the Subbuteo landscape is always changing. Along with the news that Netcam are planning a new subbuteo range there is also news that Top Spin are going to launch their own range using their hw replicas. You can see the planned range of teams, box sets and accessories here http://www.topspinsoccer.it/ - they look fantastic and I for one can't wait to get my hands on them - especially the box set.

Also for anybody that's missed it, or is coming to this thread for the first time the Superfooty team range is now available - big thread discussing the range with input and pics from Dave here viewtopic.php?f=1&t=15644

matteo
Apprentice

Postby matteo » 23 Sep 2011, 16:37

No probs. Considering the number of HW fans around here I'm sure the top spin range will be of great interest when it launches. It's a brave move though to be launching new ranges with the prospect of the netcam subbuteo range launching in the near future. Hopefully all of the suppliers will continue thrive and keep all of the different brands going.

FreeKick2K11

Postby FreeKick2K11 » 23 Sep 2011, 17:32

Nobody has talked about The MB Dream team,
I think its a good collectible set but the players are Terrible they just fall over every time you flick.
I would like to know your views about the Dream Team :?:

Chris :D :P

Vikash
Grand Master

Postby Vikash » 23 Sep 2011, 18:14

What is the MB dream team, Chris?
Welcome to the forum, by the way.

Return to “General and Collecting Topics”