The Good, The Bad and The Ugly...New Stuff review

The place to for general Subbuteo threads.
TheRotherhamFlicker

Re: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly...New Stuff review

Postby TheRotherhamFlicker » 17 Feb 2012, 17:38

The goals you mention are certainly attractive, Rotherham Flicker, but have noticed that a lot of paint chips off them. I think perhaps, they are not primed with a suitable primer prior to finishing? Although, I could be wrong and, others may well tell you that they haven't experienced the same problem I have?

Have you come across these yet?

http://www.bolognatigers.com/biemme/tab ... /goals.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks for the link ESSGEE. No, I haven't seen those before. Cheers for the heads-up regarding the paint chipping. I will have to give it some serious thought beofre laying out £40!
I intend to make two set-ups. One modern one with astroturf and metal goals etc (this I will use for playing on) and also a 'vintage' set-up using baize and all the old plastic accessories (goals, fence surround, grandstands etc)

Tartan

Postby Tartan » 21 Feb 2012, 12:19

I wish I had read this before ordering my Soccer3D teams. They finally arrived today. They look good enough, but assembling them is driving me mad! I'm going to have to go and get a stanley knife from the shops and carve off strips of the player pegs to make them fit.

Vikash
Grand Master

Postby Vikash » 21 Feb 2012, 12:26

I wish I had read this before ordering my Soccer3D teams. They finally arrived today. They look good enough, but assembling them is driving me mad! I'm going to have to go and get a stanley knife from the shops and carve off strips of the player pegs to make them fit.
Really?

I never had any issues with my Soccer 3D teams, mate :?
How about them transparent dangling carrots
How about that ever elusive kudo

Tartan

Postby Tartan » 21 Feb 2012, 12:37

Really?

Yea, I came on here to see what the OP had said about them, because I've given up. I managed to fit about 4 players in, and the rest just aint budging. My thumbs are killing me from trying to push the players in.

Considering these are made by Astrobase, I'm pretty unimpressed. From what I've been reading since I started playing again, they're supposed to be the top dogs for products. Unless they channel all they're resources into their €65 bases.

Very frustrating. And I agree with the OP that the bases in general seem a bit crap.

Vikash
Grand Master

Postby Vikash » 21 Feb 2012, 12:43

Really?

Yea, I came on here to see what the OP had said about them, because I've given up. I managed to fit about 4 players in, and the rest just aint budging. My thumbs are killing me from trying to push the players in.

Considering these are made by Astrobase, I'm pretty unimpressed. From what I've been reading since I started playing again, they're supposed to be the top dogs for products. Unless they channel all they're resources into their €65 bases.

Very frustrating. And I agree with the OP that the bases in general seem a bit crap.
There are a few top dogs out there, mate :wink: Try Mike Peacock at Little Plastic Men and Neil Lishman at the Stefan Corda Company. Then there is the Santiago and Top Spin products that have a good following as well :razz:

Vikash
Grand Master

Postby Vikash » 21 Feb 2012, 12:44

Visit the links section above for more suppliers :wink:

Tartan

Postby Tartan » 21 Feb 2012, 13:16

There are a few top dogs out there, mate :wink: Try Mike Peacock at Little Plastic Men and Neil Lishman at the Stefan Corda Company. Then there is the Santiago and Top Spin products that have a good following as well :razz:
Yea, in the last month I have spent an absolute fortune! Think I'll just make do with what I have for now. :)

ESSGEE

Postby ESSGEE » 21 Feb 2012, 21:23

The ibase storm bases are pretty good for a mid-range base, and the sureshots are a decent cheaper base. Mike at LPM is a top man, and perfectionist ( ibase ). Highly recommended.

With the very expensive bases, you can get a profile made up to make curling a key part of your game, just as with the retro bases. I think the C8's are pretty consistent. You can get a pretty decent curl if you have a longer nail too ;-)

Extreme Works will hug the pitch ( as will some Profis ), weight or no weight, if you flick really hard from distance. So it's not likely to take off before reaching the ball :-) But you have to pay a lot for that benefit.

But for the RETRO game / Old Subbuteo, I love the TopSpin stuff.

PhippsFlix

Postby PhippsFlix » 17 Mar 2012, 16:09

Anyone know why I looked in a nearby Toymaster shop to find not only Subby sets but also some official MUFC,CFC & LFC teams AND even some generic sides like ref 7 & 8 in there?
I couldn't believe the prices though-This place wanted about £12 or £13 a team :roll:
Funny thing was that Alfie was the one who spotted the teams & said "Look Daddy,they're like the green board at Pa's house"(where my board lives at the moment).

martinc

Postby martinc » 01 Jun 2012, 21:02

hi all,

I am new to the forum and this is my first post. I, like many others, have got back into the game after a long lay off and recently bought a zuego and totalsoccer team to start off with as i wasn't quite sure where to start.

The two teams arrived today and i've spent most of the day just trying out the figures on my old mounted baize pitch, which is still in good nick, and I found the zuego figures / bases more suitable for my style of playing and was actually a little disappointed with the total soccer design. seemed a little light weight.

Although the zuego teams seem fine, can anyone advise if it is worth going for the ibase or stefan corda bases and figures?
I have read a number of views that recommend them highly. Any opinions?

thanks

newgolddream

Postby newgolddream » 01 Jun 2012, 21:33

Welcome to the forum - there are literally dozens of threads about figure/base types - you should use the search function.

As a quick fix - the ibase & corda stuff is nice & will only cost you 20GBP so give them a whirl.

Allwrighty

Postby Allwrighty » 01 Jun 2012, 21:43

Trial and error martin, everyone has a different favourite and you not going to be happy until you have tried them all :) depends what route you intend taking Table soccer or Subbuteo, Raptors seem a bit heavier than the ibase, i prefer PTF sureshots which seem to be in between the 2 but they seem to be hard to get hold of nowadays... if you want to ever play the guys on the forum at tournaments you'll need a set of Santiago's as well ....
If you happy with the Zuegos stick with them, i like playing with them and a couple of our club members do also, but at the moment we all playing with Santiago teams...

Foghorn Leghorn

Postby Foghorn Leghorn » 01 Jun 2012, 22:54

Welcome to the forum. Try Santiago teams and Superfooty teams. I suspect the latter is what you are looking for.

martinc

Postby martinc » 04 Jun 2012, 18:35

thanks for the advice guys. think i will, over the next few months, get a set of figures from santiago, ibase and stefan corda amongst others and see what works for me.

ralphtheclaret

Postby ralphtheclaret » 04 Jun 2012, 19:19

as previously mentioned if you wish to play os with the lads on here you need Santiagos Top Spin or pre Hasbro subbuteo originals...forget the rest.

Return to “General and Collecting Topics”