Christmas with Pendle Falcon

The place to for general Subbuteo threads.
George Best jr.

Christmas with Pendle Falcon

Post by George Best jr. » 25 Dec 2013, 17:49

Hello chaps,
under my christmas tree I found yesterday two great presents of my girl-friend.
What can I say - never got such beautiful presents, two teams manufactured by Pendle Falcon.
State of the art - not just the figures and bases also the boxes, like jewel cases.
All so fine that I will give them a pride of place in my Subbuteo collection.

It really dazzles me :crazyeyes:
Attachments
k-IMG_4410.JPG
k-IMG_4410.JPG (80.65 KiB) Viewed 2171 times
k-IMG_4427.JPG
k-IMG_4427.JPG (80.98 KiB) Viewed 2171 times
k-IMG_4447 b.jpg
k-IMG_4447 b.jpg (35.63 KiB) Viewed 2171 times
k-IMG_4453.JPG
k-IMG_4453.JPG (52.78 KiB) Viewed 2171 times

ralphtheclaret
Grand Master

Re: Christmas with Pendle Falcon

Post by ralphtheclaret » 25 Dec 2013, 18:34

:clap:

Number9
Professional

Post by Number9 » 25 Dec 2013, 18:53

Pleased you like them, and thank you for your kind words - don't forget they are to play with (baize, small ball, small goals)!!

Enjoy the rest of Christmas
http://www.pendlefalcon.com

The Traditional Subbuteo Society

We bring our preparation to the table, and opportunity may present itself, and if you are well prepared, you can seize opportunity and then maybe something good happens, and you call that luck.

Michael Mann

George Best jr.

Post by George Best jr. » 26 Dec 2013, 10:55

Number9 wrote:Pleased you like them, and thank you for your kind words - don't forget they are to play with (baize, small ball, small goals)!!
Yes, of course, will soon build my vintage baize arena enjoying the classic way of playing Subbuteo. The problem with the small balls is their quality - a lot of them wobble.
And the teams in their boxes are really so fine that it will cost me quite an effort to play with them, maybe I will order two ugly teams just for playing :thumbsup:
Happy xMas!

Focus On
Grand Master

Post by Focus On » 26 Dec 2013, 11:22

Lovely teams Achim esp the Hearts
Bored to FLICK

lionofludesch
ISF Subscriber 2019-2020
ISF Subscriber 2019-2020

Post by lionofludesch » 27 Dec 2013, 11:46

Focus On wrote:Lovely teams Achim esp the Hearts
Rochdale Hornets currently using that kit (well, in essence). I really like the tricolour hoops.
FIFA World Cuptipping competition
Winner 2010,, joint with Takis2014 and 2018

® :angry:

George Best jr.

Post by George Best jr. » 27 Dec 2013, 12:59

Yes, the Hearts team is really stunning, especially in combination with the tricoloured "bubblegum" bases, a special service of the manufacturer, each different.
And: the boxes and teams are better than the effect of the photos.
Rochdale Hornets - good name, but never heart about this team??

ralphtheclaret
Grand Master

Post by ralphtheclaret » 27 Dec 2013, 13:13

Rochdale Hornets are a Rugby League club Achim

George Best jr.

Post by George Best jr. » 27 Dec 2013, 14:21

Thanks for the info, Ralph, and yep, many Rugby teams have stunning kids.

davidt2022
Seasoned Professional

Post by davidt2022 » 27 Dec 2013, 14:37

Who are Ashington Rising Star? Any relation to Ashington who play in the Northern League?

ralphtheclaret
Grand Master

Post by ralphtheclaret » 27 Dec 2013, 17:41

The current club's website lays claim to Ashington Rising Star being the original name although Dave Twydell doesn't mention Rising Star in Rejected FC .. saying that his books whilst generally a great read do contain a few errors - the Victorian days are often not an easy topic to research even with the local papers at your fingertips...the information is often sketchy and open to interpretation.

Certainly in our case the first Burnley kit on historical kits has provoked much debate as indeed has the exact site of our original ground at Calder Vale and that's despite a lot of visits to the central library here by my Dad and me having worked for the local paper and had unlimited access to the physical copies of the Burnley Express of the time.

Number9
Professional

Post by Number9 » 27 Dec 2013, 18:45

Researching kits is something that needs infinite patience and a lot of hard work.

I have nothing by respect for all contributors to HFK and similar sites :awe:

I have tried, with very limited success. Working on US teams 1900-1917, found a blurred B&W photo and read over 20 match reports to find out they were 'the men in red and blue' three years adrift from the photo, which clearly shows they are in something with white stripes, was enough for me to throw in the towel (for the time being :wink: )
http://www.pendlefalcon.com

The Traditional Subbuteo Society

We bring our preparation to the table, and opportunity may present itself, and if you are well prepared, you can seize opportunity and then maybe something good happens, and you call that luck.

Michael Mann

ralphtheclaret
Grand Master

Post by ralphtheclaret » 27 Dec 2013, 20:13

Trying to complete the missing 70's -80's Morecambe section for Historical Kits at the moment ... and it isn't easy :roll:

The trouble with football research in general is that someone prints an error we all then take it at face value and it quickly becomes a "fact" ? classic example was Seedhill (Nelson's old ground from the Football League days) .. some chap on a blog or in a book wrote that they had vacated it in 1980 and every grounds book/blog since has repeated the error .. now I knew it to be wrong as I went to school over there .. so I looked into it and put the correct info on wiki again direct from contemporary newspaper reports .. if people want to ignore it fine even though I listed opponents..scores and even estimated crowds for the games concerned at the old and new grounds ...

Same as the first Burnley kit on Historical kits I've had people dispute it but the info came from a newspaper of the day - the only contention being that we are at the mercy of the victorian reporters' descriptive talents as there is no photograph to accompany his work ....

Mind you it took me years to convince Dave Moor on historical kits about a 85-6 Cambridge kit when I'd seen them wear it at Turf Moor and had a photo of it ... :roll:

George Best jr.

Post by George Best jr. » 27 Dec 2013, 20:52

The project "Historical Kits" is worldwide the absolute BEST - absolutely outstanding!
Unfortunately there is no site researching vintage german or other european kits.
And yes, my great compliment :awe: for all men (and women?) who support "Historical Kits"!

Return to “General and Collecting Topics”