Paul Lamond pitch good alternative for seventies felt pitch

The place to for general Subbuteo threads.
Sub7
Apprentice

Paul Lamond pitch good alternative for seventies felt pitch

Postby Sub7 » 20 Nov 2014, 22:38

Hi guys,

Although it is not excactly the same material I find that the Paul Lamond pitch plays almost the same as the seventies felt pitch. So I think it is a good alternative for that pitch on old style tournaments. How do you think about that?

George Best jr.
Professional

Re: Paul Lamond pitch good alternative for seventies felt pi

Postby George Best jr. » 01 Dec 2014, 20:05

No alternative!
A few weeks ago I could test such a Paul Lamond Sub pitch BUT its NOT great for playing Classic Subbuteo. Its different in material to a baize pitch, pretty well for gliding long distances But not for curling.
So if you want to play Old School Subbuteo the best choice is: a baize pitch!

Sub7
Apprentice

Postby Sub7 » 09 Dec 2014, 20:07

Hi,

Did you try the pitch playing old style heavy weights or with the Paul Lamond figures. It makes a real difference if you play with heavy weight figures or with the Paul Lamond figures. You can consider Paul Lamond figures being part of the new style family with their wide flat bases.
Me personally do not experience much difference with curling and spinning on a Paul Lamond pitch compared to an old seventies felt pitch. But the lines are much more straight on the Paul Lamond pitch than on the old seventies pitches that I have.

Regards

George Best jr.
Professional

Postby George Best jr. » 09 Dec 2014, 22:08

I don´t understand the sense of your question, its not very logical.
Before giving my comment you wrote: Although it is not excactly the same material I find that the Paul Lamond pitch plays almost the same as the seventies felt pitch. So I think it is a good alternative for that pitch on old style tournaments.

Of course I tested the pitch using classic Heavyweights and Santiagos and the result was not very positive - so it makes no sense to play with them Classic Subbuteo.
Why do you wrote these pitches are an alternative if you do not test them in playing with HWs or Santiagos?? :Doh: :Doh: :Doh: Sorry, thats not very intelligent.

For playing modern gliding style the Lamond pitch is okay, especially when playing with the Lamond bases and figures. But thats not Subbuteo.

Sub7
Apprentice

Postby Sub7 » 10 Dec 2014, 10:20

I just wanted to be sure. It is interesting how different people's perception can be. That is exactly why I started this topic. However, my heavy weights curl like crazy on the Paul Lamond pitch.

In my experience The Paul Lamond pitch offers even a bit more grasp than the seventies felt pitch. And in my experience the Paul Lamond pitch is even a bit slower than the seventies felt pitch.
When I play with my flat players on the Paul Lamond pitch it they don't glide very far and come to a grinding halt.

I'm very curious how others on this forum experience the Paul Lamond pitch. Please post!

Or are there different qualities? The Paul Lamond pitch I play with is from the Team edition set. But there is also a luxury pitch set with only the pitch, two goals, and balls. I think there is also a box with a single pitch you can buy. It could be that they are different.

George Best jr.
Professional

Postby George Best jr. » 10 Dec 2014, 14:52

Sorry, Sub7, if my comment was a bit unfriendly.
Nearly everything is subjective.

Return to “General and Collecting Topics”