Subbuteo La Leggenda Vintage series - HW

The place to for general Subbuteo threads.
Wrightenberg
Professional

Re: Subbuteo La Leggenda Vintage series - HW

Postby Wrightenberg » 06 Jan 2017, 14:22

I think they made a massive mistake in their marketing.

I'm presuming the market would be for the adult male who remembers the HW teams from the 70's and early 80's...and for an Italian collector market.

Why would they bring out so many random teams from so many different era's? There is no 'system' to the collecting...it's just collecting for the sake of collecting, if you get my drift.

Imo...it would have been better to concentrate on a year, or a World Cup or a certain league.

It would have made sense to do the 1990 World Cup teams for example.

Or how about all the teams from Serie B, Eredivisie, Budasliga, Oberliga from 1981 as an example.

Would have made more sense collecting them to me.
I agree. If they'd have released in waves by say specific leagues/ tournament then it would have appealed to me. The random legend/ classic kit approach doesn't really offer anything better/ different what many painters have been offering on Ebay for a long time.

Looking at some of the images on Benji's site though has stirred up a bit of interest though. Has anyone played with them and if so - what are they like?

Also, what's with the black bar? I'm assuming it's been painted black - Do all teams have this black base bar?

Focus On
Grand Master

Postby Focus On » 06 Jan 2017, 15:15

The only prob with doing leagues though is half of the teams no-ones ever heard of, i found this when researching the various systems, great for me as it was very enlightning but not really marketable en mass
example, Romania... everyone knows Steaua Bucuresti but who wants to buy a Sportul Studentesc?...or Chimea Ramnicu?

Got away with it doing my Russian league (ONCE!!)....dunno if i'd get away with it a second time...so i'm guessing they played the safety game (dead cert sellers)
Bored to FLICK

Wrightenberg
Professional

Postby Wrightenberg » 06 Jan 2017, 15:29

I see you point with leagues, but series of say, European Champions, ECWC Winners, UEFA Cup Winners by decade - would have got me interested in collecting them.

Focus On
Grand Master

Postby Focus On » 06 Jan 2017, 15:36

As with all things Subbuteo logic seems goes out the window mate after 1972
Bored to FLICK

ralphtheclaret
Grand Master

Postby ralphtheclaret » 06 Jan 2017, 16:06

There was never much rhyme and reason behind Subbuteo's range let alone accuracy ... and we loved it ;) :)

Focus On
Grand Master

Postby Focus On » 06 Jan 2017, 18:15

There was never much rhyme and reason behind Subbuteo's range let alone accuracy ... and we loved it ;) :)
:clap: sure did
Bored to FLICK

Vikash
Grand Master

Postby Vikash » 07 Jan 2017, 09:28

I think they made a massive mistake in their marketing.

I'm presuming the market would be for the adult male who remembers the HW teams from the 70's and early 80's...and for an Italian collector market.

Why would they bring out so many random teams from so many different era's? There is no 'system' to the collecting...it's just collecting for the sake of collecting, if you get my drift.

Imo...it would have been better to concentrate on a year, or a World Cup or a certain league.

It would have made sense to do the 1990 World Cup teams for example.

Or how about all the teams from Serie B, Eredivisie, Budasliga, Oberliga from 1981 as an example.

Would have made more sense collecting them to me.
Great post, Ian. I agree 100%. They really missed a trick. The 24 teams from World Cup 1990 would have been an excellent range. I would have gone for an Italian Serie A and Serie B as well, seeing that I trust most people collecting these would be Italians. They definitely would have got a South African interested :wink: :-\ :lol:

But when I win the Euro Millions I will have all 30 Argentine Primera League teams done in their classic home and away kits :awe: :clap: :wub: 8)
How about them transparent dangling carrots
How about that ever elusive kudo

donsaverio
Forum Newbie

Postby donsaverio » 07 Jan 2017, 11:07

Hi everibody.
It might be a legal matter.
Clubs are set as corporations and they own exclusive rights to the brand image; so if you want to sell a team, with certain colours and name, you have to pay for that.
So, maybe, De Agostini couldn't, or didn't intend, to make an agreement with major clubs of federations.
Apologize for my poor English.

Focus On
Grand Master

Postby Focus On » 07 Jan 2017, 17:07

^^^^^That's bollox, you are only selling something that infers that team, i looked into this with a lawyer years ago

Do you think SSG bunged Man United 35p every time they sold a ref 100....never

Even videos, logos and pictures uploaded to the Internet have 'fair usage' value, and can be recirculated/re used for educational purposes

Grey area but favours the user, just as well cause i'd owe Borussia Monchengladback a few drinks by now :wink:
Bored to FLICK

lloydie1109
ISF 2018-19 Subscriber
ISF 2018-19 Subscriber

Postby lloydie1109 » 07 Jan 2017, 17:18

SSG did have to pay some players and Clubs in the 1990's, for what is now known as image rights.
It wasnt much but they got hit with a few legal papers

Focus On
Grand Master

Postby Focus On » 07 Jan 2017, 17:19

why players?...on packaging?
Got a crazy mental image of Gary Neville looking at a lightweight claiming it was him....lightweight ugly fuc ker maybe :angry:
Last edited by Focus On on 07 Jan 2017, 17:26, edited 1 time in total.
Bored to FLICK

lloydie1109
ISF 2018-19 Subscriber
ISF 2018-19 Subscriber

Postby lloydie1109 » 07 Jan 2017, 17:25

Also a famous crisp company got the hump as their logo was on the shirts of a subbuteo team, they sponsored, you would have thought that they would have been happy with free extra advertising.

Focus On
Grand Master

Postby Focus On » 07 Jan 2017, 17:27

Molded or walkers haha
Bored to FLICK

lloydie1109
ISF 2018-19 Subscriber
ISF 2018-19 Subscriber

Postby lloydie1109 » 07 Jan 2017, 17:27

why players?...on packaging?
Got a crazy mental image of Gary Neville looking at a lightweight claiming it was him....lightweight ugly fuc ker maybe :angry:
The first was a Coventry player, the next a Blackburn Player, but he lost as SSG had signed a rights agreement with the newly formed Premier League.

lloydie1109
ISF 2018-19 Subscriber
ISF 2018-19 Subscriber

Postby lloydie1109 » 07 Jan 2017, 17:27

Molded or walkers haha
bingo

Return to “General and Collecting Topics”