Time has come

The place to for general Subbuteo threads.
odoiporos
Grand Master

Time has come

Post by odoiporos » 23 Oct 2016, 17:59

After all these years of collecting, the chapter is closing and its time for the accessories and teams to find their way to new home with collectors that will appreciate them as much as I did all theses years.
Has been a long journey
Stefano

geow6
Semi-Pro

Re: Time has come

Post by geow6 » 23 Oct 2016, 20:22

You are selling?

Gullseye
Grand Master

Post by Gullseye » 23 Oct 2016, 21:18

Are you sure ? I think mine will go with me. :wink:

odoiporos
Grand Master

Post by odoiporos » 24 Oct 2016, 09:06

Yes I am sure. Collected nearly 95% of what I was looking for and now its time to move on. Instead of the teams being in a closet with bubble wrap hidden away, it better for other collectors to enjoy them.
Stefano

albertocollection
Semi-Pro

Post by albertocollection » 24 Oct 2016, 09:39

Ciao Stefano
This news make me feel very bad ! I know what kind of collection you have got !
Why this decision ? Did you collect all Subbuteo to reach the goal to end the collection and than move on ??? I don't think so.
As you have written you " appreciate them as much as I did all theses years" . So why ?
I don't think it is possible to get tired for something you have loved for, how many ? 10-15 years, maybe 20 or more ?
It is more than a divorce. it is like to send a dog or a cat away !!!
Please , think better and reflect about your decision.

dawn.42
Semi-Pro

Post by dawn.42 » 24 Oct 2016, 09:54

sad news

Saxony
Professional

Post by Saxony » 24 Oct 2016, 10:11

I'm always sad to hear of a collector giving up :cry: Are you moving onto collecting something else?

I go hot and cold with stuff, but always come back with renewed energy. I hope I always stay that way.

kegart
Semi-Pro

Post by kegart » 24 Oct 2016, 10:16

A sad day my very good friend, maybe you will reconsider in time ??

kind regards,

Michael.

spudski
Grand Master

Post by spudski » 24 Oct 2016, 10:35

Hope you reconsider Stefano. Or let them go, and start collecting other Subbuteo teams. This is what I do...I collect, keep for a while, and enjoy them and photograph them. Then I allow others to enjoy them. It's the hunt that keeps me interested...I even buy back teams I've released in the past, to enjoy them again. It's how I keep interested. Each to their own of course...I hope you keep interested in Subbuteo either way.

Focus On
Grand Master

Post by Focus On » 24 Oct 2016, 11:06

Stef, totally understand your point of view, maybe you need a break from it
I'm only keeping around 200 teams but i'd be lost without the hard core part of the hobby, the HWs 1-190
Everything else team wise i can sell with no sadness or regret, even though they are lovely teams
Bored to FLICK

odoiporos
Grand Master

Post by odoiporos » 24 Oct 2016, 11:10

As many of you know, I have been collecting for almost 33 years and being too selective and picky when it comes to authenticity and condition. I came to a point where I realized that it would be to almost impossible to collect every HW ref without including bases combos or special editions or mistakes. Ever since I was a kid I loved what I call “exotic” teams. What I mean by that? Teams that had at least on dark skin player. Including Brazil and all the way to the French teams like Valenciennes and Portuguese like Benfica. So I concentrated on that. Tried hard to make my small collection a point of reference when it comes to collecting that kind of teams. Not sure if I made it but that’s as far as I could go. Along the way, collected and several accessories that for the last 2 years are all stored in a closed with silicon bags and bubble wrap. Teams and accessories are made to give joy and not to be hidden away this is why the time has come.
Stefano

ian_tambo
Seasoned Professional

Post by ian_tambo » 24 Oct 2016, 11:20

Hi Stefano - Understand your situation. I have toyed with the idea of selling my collection on a couple of occasions only to have second thoughts. When I think of the time and effort to build the collection up, it made me re-consider but reduce the collection. I'm at that stage again and thinking maybe just concentrate on keeping a smaller individual collection (OHW).

Personal call either way.

Focus On
Grand Master

Post by Focus On » 25 Oct 2016, 10:15

Silly arse me went and sold a genuine River Plate diagonal/Palermo/Hellenic/Cape Town and god knows what else (daren't look in my history) three months ago as i was 'determined' to sell the lot...regret it now won't be seeing those again....seriously think hard Stef

My brain, like most collectors, has a nasty habit of u-turning mid clearout, and annoying it is
You'll find you sell big money items to justify the release BUT this is a mistake...do the little teams first that can be replaced IF you get cold feet half way in....thats my advice, not that i listened to it myself.. :roll:

Even sold my Munich (what the f u c k was i thinking!!?? :angry: )
Bored to FLICK

odoiporos
Grand Master

Post by odoiporos » 25 Oct 2016, 14:42

I all know guys what you mean but I am done.
Will start selling my HW's starting from ref 50 all the way up to 302.
Stefano

odoiporos
Grand Master

Post by odoiporos » 28 Oct 2016, 11:35

Thank you all for your messages. I wont sell on feebay. Only privately. Thank you guys once again.
Stefano

Return to “General and Collecting Topics”