What team is this?

The place to for general Subbuteo threads.
spudski
Grand Master

Re: What team is this?

Postby spudski » 28 Apr 2017, 10:35

Nice...And very true Alberto...Over time as Collectors we have become 'fixated' with the 'Subbuteo Catalogue'.

SSG was a business...with Amateur painters employed...both in England and other countries ie Gibraltar, Barcelona etc.

Mistakes were made, Shops made orders, as well as Individuals. Collectors also seem to use Peter Upton's site as the 'Bible'...whilst it is good in many ways, it also causes collectors to become too rigid in their thinking about what was available. Especially from Countries outside of Great Britain. I'm finding Subbuteo all over the place. Portugal Finland, Belgium, Holland, Spain, Brazil, Canada to name a few outside of the likes of the UK, Italy, France and Germany. Many have quirks uncommon to what we as collectors have become accustomed.

The best way is to avoid ebay imo.

For example I am in negotiation with someone in Spain right now, for a Cola Cao boxset and teams. Very little is known about this set according to PU's site...but a box set, pitches and accessories, Catalogue, plus four teams, Brazil (white skin), Spain, Argentina and West Germany were available, from this Chocolate drink supplier who got into bed with Subbuteo in 1980. There seems to be quite a few of them readily available if you search.

This led to finding someone who worked for Subbuteo in Spain who worked as an 'outworker' painting and assembling teams. They still had a few blanks in their possession. Gleaming like jewels, as if they had been made yesterday.

Plus you even have on ebay right now, teams like the Cardiff city I recently put up...named and outworker error in painting. Plus some more common teams with Typed named labels instead of the usual ref number...a typed Norwich, Celtic and Anderlecht. Not common.

A few pics...
Attachments
cc9.jpg
cc9.jpg (36.71 KiB) Viewed 159 times
cc8.jpg
cc8.jpg (59.83 KiB) Viewed 159 times
cc7.jpg
cc7.jpg (57.62 KiB) Viewed 159 times
cc4.jpg
cc4.jpg (75.68 KiB) Viewed 159 times
cc.jpg
cc.jpg (66.31 KiB) Viewed 159 times
Image There is only one life....yours...LIVE IT

spudski
Grand Master

Postby spudski » 28 Apr 2017, 10:37

A few more...
Attachments
madrid2.jpg
madrid2.jpg (133.45 KiB) Viewed 159 times
madrid.jpg
madrid.jpg (70.5 KiB) Viewed 159 times
madrid...jpg
madrid...jpg (109.28 KiB) Viewed 159 times
cc17.jpg
cc17.jpg (69.89 KiB) Viewed 159 times
cc12.jpg
cc12.jpg (108.95 KiB) Viewed 159 times

ralphtheclaret
Grand Master

Postby ralphtheclaret » 28 Apr 2017, 16:03

Nice that Ian , must say I do like to see the foreign versions

spudski
Grand Master

Postby spudski » 29 Apr 2017, 09:08

Nice that Ian , must say I do like to see the foreign versions
I agree mate...some crackers out there. Recently found an early 80's boxset in Corsica of all places, with two rare teams in. A zombie and HW team. :crazyeyes:

Also this one...
Attachments
dutchsubby.jpg
dutchsubby.jpg (61.34 KiB) Viewed 113 times

Return to “General and Collecting Topics”