Equipment for a Returning Player (Old Subbuteo)

The place to for general Subbuteo threads.
Greybudgie
Forum Newbie

Equipment for a Returning Player (Old Subbuteo)

Postby Greybudgie » 28 Apr 2017, 22:16

Hi Guys,
Aussie needing advice spent 24-48 hours trawling, hope I posted in the right section.
The question I need to get back into playing the Old School game what equipment (Happy to buy non authentic stuff) would you suggest I purchase as I can see its very confusing with the two different forms of the game now, and I am sure without some guidance I will make a wrong purchase plus all the dead links and obsolete products I have found in the last 24 Hours my head is in a spin. What recommendations guys, with the high cost of freight would rather buy at the top end then to get something that I will need toreplace because of being a cheaper alternative

• Pitch -
• Bases - Top Spin or Santiago
• Balls-
• Goals etc.
• and anything else I might have forgotten??

Not sure from what I read and have take it from what I read the Astroturf pitches is somewhat poo pooed by the old school players, Back when I was playing my first pitch was Baize (made the mistake of gluing it to a canite base board), then the nylon and I even got an C178 Astro all played very differently, but then again my original equipment was in the transition part of Subutteo-Wadingtons and my teams sets were a mixture of Classic Heavyweight, Zombie, and Lightweight, The other small problem is I live down under down under - Tasmania Australia so there appears are no clubs close by having said that the Australian Scene (Well that with an online presentation) is all aimed at the Modern Game and there apears no resellers only people selling there new Subutteo Box Sets on ebay.

Cheers
GreyBudgie

Focus On
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber

Re: Equipment for a Returning Player (Old Subbuteo)

Postby Focus On » 29 Apr 2017, 07:39

Go old school, cheap 60s baize, two old goals world cup ones maybe, two h/w teams are cheap enough and go from there, get a fence surround too.
Balls go for the smaller ones again 60's issue
Buy a lot of Scalextric from Aus, nice people
Tatran Presov Hooligans 'C' Section!!

Greybudgie
Forum Newbie

Postby Greybudgie » 29 Apr 2017, 11:23

Go old school, cheap 60s baize, two old goals world cup ones maybe, two h/w teams are cheap enough and go from there, get a fence surround too.
Balls go for the smaller ones again 60's issue
Buy a lot of Scalextric from Aus, nice people
Thanks Focus On for the advice will get on ebay and see how I go.

Focus On
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber

Postby Focus On » 29 Apr 2017, 12:06

Welcome £60 should secure the whole lot
Tatran Presov Hooligans 'C' Section!!

Greybudgie
Forum Newbie

Postby Greybudgie » 10 May 2017, 19:51

Thought I had all the gear a few times on ebay and also at sportsattax.net only to get "Sorry, we're unable to deliver to your country."
I can get the goals, balls from Subbuteoworld but the problem is trying to get a baize pitch.

As Plan (b) Can anyone recommend what new cotton pitches most closely resembles the original or gives the best surface for OLD SCHOOL Subbutteo Classic Top Spin teams available from lloydie

Return to “General and Collecting Topics”