Nacional

The place to for general Subbuteo threads.
ralphtheclaret
Grand Master

Re: Nacional

Postby ralphtheclaret » 04 May 2017, 09:01

It can be difficult enough trying to be precise about the lower divisions in England let alone Scotland and Ireland before we even consider Europe and South America , I can assure you that quite a few heated debates took place before certain kits were put on HK even though I had photographic evidence in front of me :lol: ... to the extent that now I have more important things to do I haven't really sent him any info for months because I haven't got the time or inclination to argue about Darlo's kit circa 1967 or whatever :lol: ...

Irish Times online has been an eye opener for me mind ,with the proviso that it is in Black and White, I get free access to the archive some interesting patterns on there from time to time ... Drums in Gold with twin Blue chestbands ... Drums in Sky Blue and so on ...

lloydie1109
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber

Postby lloydie1109 » 04 May 2017, 09:30

Pinterest is a very good source of old pictures, Nacional are there with many versions of their kits

spudski
Grand Master

Postby spudski » 04 May 2017, 18:47

I reckon SSG looked at the likes of Panini Sticker Albums as well to find kits. And other magazines and publications of the day.

As an example...I picked up a delightful Ref 213 Tennis Borussia Berlin from Germany recently. Did some more research on the team. Tennis Berlin never wore the kit painted by SSG. The yellow tops were Adidas training tops. Depicted in a picture of the Panini 75/76 Album. Tennis Berlin wore purple shirts and white shorts and socks. The away kit was white with purple trim...sometimes with purple shorts at home or away.

The only pic or footage I've seen of TBB wearing yellow shirts is this Panini sticker from 75/76

What's funnier...is the stripes on the shorts are white and not pale blue like SSG painted. They look pale blue in the pic...hence me thinking SSG copied it.
Attachments
Tennis%20Borussia%201976.jpg
Tennis%20Borussia%201976.jpg (110.9 KiB) Viewed 151 times

ralphtheclaret
Grand Master

Postby ralphtheclaret » 04 May 2017, 19:44

Yes Ian without a doubt.

Return to “General and Collecting Topics”