New additions from Porto, Portugal today.

The place to for general Subbuteo threads.
claretpete0128

Re: New additions from Porto, Portugal today.

Post by claretpete0128 » 15 Jun 2017, 11:04

spudski wrote:
15 Jun 2017, 10:06
It's worth considering that Ralph...although it seems Catalogues from SSG do show HW and Zombie figures in them at the same time. As well as HP LW's. The Italian an Dutch Catalogues do for sure. The Italian Cats showing HW, LW and Hybrid.

If you consider the 1978 Catalogues...both in the UK and abroad...they show HW figures on the front cover. Yet the 'Zombie' pose in the actual pictorial catalogue inside. So it sort of goes against the theory as HW's were being phased out.

If I consider letting any ephemera go Ralph, I'll let you know. It's the one thing that doesn't take up too much space tbh.
I was talking about the chart really they wouldn't want to be photographing individual heavyweight figures from all the extra teams which as you say were obviously available in many cases before the SW cat came out in 78 when they new full well that HW figures were on the way out from the mid-seventies onwards? ... I know we can see a variety of figures on photos other than the chart but the chart itself which didn't change much from 76 to 77 suddenly went to zombie style drawings with the exploded range in 78 ?

I mean to say one of the small photos in the 78-81 cats shows Emlyn Hughes and Kevin Keegan playing in a stadium - with flats :crazyeyes:

spudski
Grand Master

Post by spudski » 15 Jun 2017, 11:25

Agree mate... I think Parodi in Italy thought slightly outside the SSG box. Photographing actual HW's, LW's and hybrids in their catalogues right through the 80's. I think my Italian cat from 85/86 shows HW's right up to approx ref 560 in the range.

I've seen HW's in Italy even in these type box's that went up to 1984.
Attachments
box.jpg
box.jpg (63.78 KiB) Viewed 1801 times

claretpete0128

Post by claretpete0128 » 15 Jun 2017, 15:39

Yes I don't have any but I've seen the images .. I kind of stick to a buy nothing after 1980/1 rule on Subbuteo paperwork or it will get out of control like the book and programme mountain I call my office :lol:

lionofludesch
ISF Subscriber 2019-2020
ISF Subscriber 2019-2020

Post by lionofludesch » 15 Jun 2017, 16:16

Ooooh!

The mythical Special Service form. :awe:
FIFA World Cuptipping competition
Winner 2010,, joint with Takis2014 and 2018

® :angry:

ian_tambo
Seasoned Professional

Post by ian_tambo » 15 Jun 2017, 17:42

What a find spud- thanks for sharring the pics.
I wont ask how you found them but must have brought a smile to your face;)

spudski
Grand Master

Post by spudski » 15 Jun 2017, 20:16

ian_tambo wrote:
15 Jun 2017, 17:42
What a find spud- thanks for sharring the pics.
I wont ask how you found them but must have brought a smile to your face;)
When I first glimpsed the named box's, my heart skipped a beat. Easily pleased me lol

albertocollection
Semi-Pro

Post by albertocollection » 16 Jun 2017, 08:15

Great teams, without any doubt !
It is nice to note that I recently bought from Portugal, Sporting named, Porto named, and Benfica Reffed 138
Spud has bought the same Sporting named , the same Benfica reffed 138, and Boavista instead of Porto.
Maybe Benfica never got a "named" on the box ? I know for sure an HW Academica, Atletico and CUF, all printed on box ...
We already discussed in another thread regarding the named abroad.
Just to resume the situation in Italy, according to my experience, Italian teams from range 91-105 got a named box BEFORE they where added to the catalogue. This can be seen from the italian catalogue 1970-71 as shown under but I haven't seen many of them, Catanzaro in particular that is unique...:
catalogo italiano 1970.jpg
catalogo italiano 1970.jpg (160.37 KiB) Viewed 1751 times
Among them I know , because I have seen in front of me, Bologna, Fiorentina, Napoli, Hellas Verona (written Hella's), Roma, Cacliari, Como , Bari.

Then, with the flyer "Nuove squadre 1976" all the teams were plaed in a long box with the NUMBER printed and not the name (501 up to 529), than replaced by the classic number but always from 501 up to 529.
Only later they change to the classic english catalogue numeration.
3346iic.jpg
3346iic.jpg (34.53 KiB) Viewed 1751 times
Other teams like Pescara got named sticker and printed box, and other special like Sambenedettese got a named box (Sanbenedesse)
But I am sure there will be more...

spudski
Grand Master

Post by spudski » 16 Jun 2017, 10:58

Good information Alberto.

I have seen all the Portuguese teams in named box's. I still have some. They also came with white players, White and Black (like some Delacoste) and even some all black figures. The majority in named long splash box's before the short splash of 1978 with ref number.

Like you...I have some, and have seen the named long box Italian teams.

This was also the same in Germany...often with a typed label instead of stamp.

Plus teams from Belgium and Holland named teams, typed, stamped and labelled.

I have also seen some of the South American teams in named long splash box.

I think there were a lot of 'named teams' produced. Especially more teams from outside of the UK.

Return to “General and Collecting Topics”