Oldsubbuteo Rules...

The place to for general Subbuteo threads.
spudski
Grand Master

Re: Oldsubbuteo Rules...

Postby spudski » 05 Nov 2017, 10:44

Made a mess of editing that long post .. in questioning fun I was kind of asking how someone not used to playing the serious types enjoys playing against them ?

Do they find it off-putting .

The last event was supposed to be a themed OS event but certain folk decided it was an "open" .. to my mind in an OS event you play as whatever team you've been given ..to OS rules with an OS mindset and don't really concern yourself with how your club mates have done or which county they "represent" OS days aren't about that ...they are about enjoying yourself making new friends whilst re-creating some past event or era ?

Well for what it's worth that's my view anyway ...
I totally agree with your comments Ralph...and yes I know of one chap who is passionate about playing and collecting and will travel miles to play. When playing at Table soccer events he's been used as cannon fodder, and it really has put him off playing in those events, regardless of how friendly the people are socially. No one needs that...fun and encouragement are what it's all about.

Puffin
Seasoned Professional

Postby Puffin » 05 Nov 2017, 10:45

Having to play against the cat at this morning. He hits the ball well, but has a tendency to eat the playing figures!
Attachments
IMG_2933.JPG
IMG_2933.JPG (224.38 KiB) Viewed 245 times
FANTASY FLICKER - Handpainted Subbuteo
http://fantasyflicker.blogspot.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ralphtheclaret
Grand Master

Postby ralphtheclaret » 05 Nov 2017, 11:04

Quality :lol:

spudski
Grand Master

Postby spudski » 05 Nov 2017, 11:55

Having to play against the cat at this morning. He hits the ball well, but has a tendency to eat the playing figures!
My sort of cat...brilliant lol

zulublue
Seasoned Professional

Postby zulublue » 05 Nov 2017, 18:11

Nice one spud Os rules!
Cotterill mate .. what can I say .. ? You have my deepest sympathies
We are heading for div one rapid we are a joke ralph , I have been to five games this season. We have no creative midfielders or 20 goal a season forwards. Cotteril has made some poor calls with regards substitutions as well as other mind boggling calls.
Redknapp messed up in the transfer market. Moan moan we are in the mire.
Hope ya good your clarets punching well above on merit currently. Dyche lives near Kettering I heard today?
KRO/SOTV

zulublue
Seasoned Professional

Postby zulublue » 05 Nov 2017, 18:25

Thanks for the condolences regarding Cotteril .

Ad great pic mate she would beat me and has a better technigue lol.

Well after a few years a few chats on the blower n forums finally i will get to shake ya hand on Sunday Ian.

Look forward to meeting up with you guys on Sunday and enjoying our subby session to the max.
KRO/SOTV

ralphtheclaret
Grand Master

Postby ralphtheclaret » 05 Nov 2017, 19:26

Nice one spud Os rules!
Cotterill mate .. what can I say .. ? You have my deepest sympathies
We are heading for div one rapid we are a joke ralph , I have been to five games this season. We have no creative midfielders or 20 goal a season forwards. Cotteril has made some poor calls with regards substitutions as well as other mind boggling calls.
Redknapp messed up in the transfer market. Moan moan we are in the mire.
Hope ya good your clarets punching well above on merit currently. Dyche lives near Kettering I heard today?
He iis from Kettering but I think his family home is in Northampton ..him and Ian Woan live in the North West during the week though ... aye good days points wise not so great entertainment wise sometimes but we are half way to safety already ;) ..it will always be a struggle for us but it is the best place to be ...

spudski
Grand Master

Postby spudski » 05 Nov 2017, 22:45

Thanks for the condolences regarding Cotteril .

Ad great pic mate she would beat me and has a better technigue lol.

Well after a few years a few chats on the blower n forums finally i will get to shake ya hand on Sunday Ian.

Look forward to meeting up with you guys on Sunday and enjoying our subby session to the max.
Fantastic fella...can't wait, looking forward to it. Gonna be fun. 8)

Return to “General and Collecting Topics”