Pelebol Subbuteo by Estrela MEGA RARE box set

The place to for general Subbuteo threads.
rimetcup
Forum Newbie

Re: Pelebol Subbuteo by Estrela MEGA RARE box set

Postby rimetcup » 04 Jan 2018, 15:32

All teams have oginal stickers... :D
Attachments
4.jpg
4.jpg (66.82 KiB) Viewed 1328 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (142.43 KiB) Viewed 1328 times
4.jpg
4.jpg (72.49 KiB) Viewed 1328 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (195.23 KiB) Viewed 1328 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (143.83 KiB) Viewed 1328 times

rimetcup
Forum Newbie

Postby rimetcup » 04 Jan 2018, 15:36

More teams...
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (185.38 KiB) Viewed 1327 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (191.92 KiB) Viewed 1327 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (193 KiB) Viewed 1327 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (210.95 KiB) Viewed 1327 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (191.05 KiB) Viewed 1327 times

rimetcup
Forum Newbie

Postby rimetcup » 04 Jan 2018, 15:38

And finally Pele's Santos!!
Attachments
2.jpg
2.jpg (128.98 KiB) Viewed 1328 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (197.72 KiB) Viewed 1328 times

claretpete0128
Apprentice

Postby claretpete0128 » 04 Jan 2018, 17:56

By the way Pelebol Grande shown above is already gone. I have stil available all the six teams produced by Estrela back in 1979: Brazil, Flamengo, Santos, Corinthians, Palmeiras and Internacional. All teams are in great conditions, Corinthians isa MINT/sealed one! Please PM if interested, the cheapest one is on sale at 200 pounds.

Try this section of the forum if you are selling ....

viewforum.php?f=10 :wink:

spudski
Grand Master

Postby spudski » 04 Jan 2018, 19:09

Without wanting to hiss on the OP's fire...yes, you don't see many on ebay, but if you buy from Brazilian trading websites, and don't just rely on ebay then they are quite common. There are even sealed boxed teams available if it's your thing.
I have myself a sealed team, but I am sorry to say you are wrong. Pelebol is rare, very rare to find even in Brasil...

Probaly you don't know the story of the game, it was produced by Estrela under Subbuteo license only during 1979. Unfortunately the country was ruined by the second petrol crisis that year, so that Pelebol's production was unexpectedly stopped. I was living in Brasil few years, Ican confirm Pelebol is very rare indeed. Saying it is quite common is simply not true. And if times to times you find one on internet, it is practicallly impossible to buy it if you are not resident in Brazil, have a Brazilian bank account, etc etc. Then even if you (and sorry you won't be able to) buy one, you will have to pay the custom....And finally most of the time sets are in terrible conditions and not correspond to ads. Brazilian online sales market is not exactly a trustable one... :D :D :D
No problem...Thanks for the history lesson.

However...I am aware of it's history. It took me 3 months to find a boxset and all the teams available.

From my experience it was neither hard to find or that difficult get sent,

I know other collectors that have done the same.

rimetcup
Forum Newbie

Postby rimetcup » 05 Jan 2018, 19:05

By the way Pelebol Grande shown above is already gone. I have stil available all the six teams produced by Estrela back in 1979: Brazil, Flamengo, Santos, Corinthians, Palmeiras and Internacional. All teams are in great conditions, Corinthians isa MINT/sealed one! Please PM if interested, the cheapest one is on sale at 200 pounds.

Try this section of the forum if you are selling ....

viewforum.php?f=10 :wink:

rimetcup
Forum Newbie

Postby rimetcup » 05 Jan 2018, 19:10

Without wanting to hiss on the OP's fire...yes, you don't see many on ebay, but if you buy from Brazilian trading websites, and don't just rely on ebay then they are quite common. There are even sealed boxed teams available if it's your thing.
I have myself a sealed team, but I am sorry to say you are wrong. Pelebol is rare, very rare to find even in Brasil...

Probaly you don't know the story of the game, it was produced by Estrela under Subbuteo license only during 1979. Unfortunately the country was ruined by the second petrol crisis that year, so that Pelebol's production was unexpectedly stopped. I was living in Brasil few years, Ican confirm Pelebol is very rare indeed. Saying it is quite common is simply not true. And if times to times you find one on internet, it is practicallly impossible to buy it if you are not resident in Brazil, have a Brazilian bank account, etc etc. Then even if you (and sorry you won't be able to) buy one, you will have to pay the custom....And finally most of the time sets are in terrible conditions and not correspond to ads. Brazilian online sales market is not exactly a trustable one... :D :D :D
No problem...Thanks for the history lesson.

However...I am aware of it's history. It took me 3 months to find a boxset and all the teams available.

From my experience it was neither hard to find or that difficult get sent,

I know other collectors that have done the same.

You lucky guy! I know collectors that waited ten year to get a set... in any case, the best way to know the truth is to go out there and try your chance! Another option is to travel to Brasil and walk down in Copacabana asking for Pelebol... Well ok if I am in Copa...Ummm... I would be certainly busy with different matters than Pelebol!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: Samba! :clap: :clap: :D :D

PeteJS
ISF 2018-19 Subscriber
ISF 2018-19 Subscriber

Postby PeteJS » 07 Jan 2018, 11:23

It's really only rare if dozens of people want to collect it.
Looking at the quality, I'm not sure I'd want to own any of it. It's interesting, granted.
Current spares: Brescia x2 light blue inner, white outer, PMs please if you can help.

claretpete0128
Apprentice

Postby claretpete0128 » 07 Jan 2018, 11:51

Looking at the quality, I'm not sure I'd want to own any of it. It's interesting, granted.
Agreed .. each to their own but they do resemble cake decorations :lol:

PeteJS
ISF 2018-19 Subscriber
ISF 2018-19 Subscriber

Postby PeteJS » 07 Jan 2018, 16:09

The figures look like they were taken from the prototype moulding machine, still look to have plenty of "sprues" on them. Then somebody has selected paints from the Stevie Wonder colour chart, or at least they've been picked by Steve. Then disappointingly they've decided that a moulded base was better than a slotted.
I wouldn't waste my Brazilian petrol on that lot either.
Current spares: Brescia x2 light blue inner, white outer, PMs please if you can help.

rimetcup
Forum Newbie

Postby rimetcup » 09 Jan 2018, 10:43

The figures look like they were taken from the prototype moulding machine, still look to have plenty of "sprues" on them. Then somebody has selected paints from the Stevie Wonder colour chart, or at least they've been picked by Steve. Then disappointingly they've decided that a moulded base was better than a slotted.
I wouldn't waste my Brazilian petrol on that lot either.
There are people who collect Zombies...Even if Zombies figures were responsible of the decadence of the game, and what about LW, certainly not an example of proportions and beauty with respect to the HW masterpieces and vintage fascination of Flats and OHW. Zombies were produced in Brasil? In North Corea? in China? Where about? Ahhhh in the UK... :roll: ;-) .
Should we start calling those friends collecting Zombies idiots, should we say that they collect rubbish? Everybody is free to choose what to collect, thanks god. People should learn to be more tollerant and respectful, avoid aggressive commentaries and..,take some fresh air times to time.
Attachments
foxandgrapes2.jpg
foxandgrapes2.jpg (72.09 KiB) Viewed 1174 times

claretpete0128
Apprentice

Postby claretpete0128 » 09 Jan 2018, 11:52

there is nothing remotely aggresive about any of these conversations - I would say that the zombie figures and indeed the lws have had plenty of stick on here from many of the membership .. banter old chap get a grip.

Focus On
Grand Master

Postby Focus On » 09 Jan 2018, 15:40

He'll be pulling the Pelebol race card next, fuxsake

Can't say anything these days that differs with someones 'opinion' without them saying it's either aggressive, fascist or racist... ;-)

Luckily i have a brain built in that over-rides 'those of the offended' and their pc bullcrap

Figures are horrible, and no its not cause they are black, pink or purple...they just ARE...ffs in FACT they are white lol :grin:

Swallow, find a 'safe space' and move on, 'tolerance and respect' works BOTH WAYS

:roll:
Bored to FLICK

rimetcup
Forum Newbie

Postby rimetcup » 10 Jan 2018, 11:38

He'll be pulling the Pelebol race card next, fuxsake

Figures are horrible, and no its not cause they are black, pink or purple...they just ARE...ffs in FACT they are white lol :grin:
Swallow, find a 'safe space' and move on, 'tolerance and respect' works BOTH WAYS

:roll:
Figures are horrible = Than you should also think that HW moulded are horrible, because they are identical to the British thing my friend, exactly the same mold. Colors are different, I would say not comparable at all with the beautiful Humbrol Kent style. But this make them different, together with the red, grey and yellow plastic, never seen here in Europe. And I do like differences, I found them attractive.

Once underlined that, I confess I am very bored with this discussion, but during the last few days I was forced in bed by a strong flue, and got time enough to "enjoy" taking part to this carnage.

The rest of this post is just a "copy/paste" of another reply from my other topic. As I said, I am getting lazy/bored about all this. :roll: :roll: :roll:

(...)

I totally agree with you my friend.. the world has finally gone completely mad.

This is a topic about selling an item, the sole intention of the topic is just that one.
When I read a similar post, if I don't like the item, or disagree with the price, I prefer to avoid messing around / trolling and just skip on it. This is me, but everybody got his own style and education and everybody is free to disagree and comment...but...

Readers clearly understood that you and few others hate this rubbish, that you wouldn't waste a single penny for anything produced outside Britannia, but...Is it really necessary to insist 10 times with the same concept?

Here you can find few of the commentaries with whom you and few others delighted us about the Rubbish Pelebol thing...

(quoting...)
- each to their own but they do resemble cake decorations
- somebody has selected paints from the Stevie Wonder colour chart, or at least they've been picked by Steve
- They’re all absolutely hideous
- your opinions on rarity will NOT wax with Italian cheap arse wallets
- (talking about Mexican Scalextric) sometimes the packaging stinks of chilies or tortillas/tacos or border tear gas.... but i'm not complaining, Remember, tampons are still a novelty item in Mexico... :wink: :wink:
- because the UK is the home of the much better real thing as opposed to some cheap rubbish produced abroad.
- the buyer can admire the ugly f#ckers and the dent in his wallet :lol!:

We observe here few light diminishing "funny" sentences, some other frankly aggressive, while others sounds clairly offensive, or better ask to the Mexicans and Italians.

If you post anything here, you can be sure that I will respect you, your topic, your prices, your country and, in any case, I'll avoid offending few nationalities on the way.

Focus On
Grand Master

Postby Focus On » 10 Jan 2018, 11:51

Ha, you should hear me mug the English off....
Bored to FLICK

Return to “General and Collecting Topics”