Identifying Lloydie's teams

The place to for general Subbuteo threads.
WestleyWanderers
Forum Newbie

Identifying Lloydie's teams

Postby WestleyWanderers » 27 Mar 2018, 19:12

Two aspects to this....spotting teams painted by Lloydie on Top Spins coming from Lancing being passed off as old hws on eBay, and second, as I seem to be accumulating loads of Lloydie teams being cast off by others....what team is this?
Perhaps the forum gets 48 hours to guess team and year before Lloydie gives us the answer?
Attachments
IMG_20180327_193938877.jpg
IMG_20180327_193938877.jpg (62.68 KiB) Viewed 620 times

Saxony
Professional

Re: Identifying Lloydie's teams

Postby Saxony » 28 Mar 2018, 10:47

?? can't see these ever being "passed off as old hws" ??

ralphtheclaret
Grand Master

Postby ralphtheclaret » 28 Mar 2018, 11:00

Can Historical Kits research associates answer or are we banned ?

Focus On
Grand Master

Postby Focus On » 28 Mar 2018, 11:21

'accumulating loads of Lloydie teams being cast off by others'

explain please, you don't 'have' to buy anything,... if you have acquired them via some clandestine route then be glad you have, they are all good teams. Paul's a good painter.

As to who the F the team is i've no idea as it looks modern therefore hurts my eyes....

I'm surprised if people are 'casting off' his teams, i've never seen one of mine re-for sale, they tend to say in collections as they are unique

sorry if that sounds twatty but it's true..never seen one of Pauls resurface either...
Bored to FLICK

Focus On
Grand Master

Postby Focus On » 28 Mar 2018, 11:27

Can Historical Kits research associates answer or are we banned ?
people don't like the truth.... stop telling it... :lol: :lol: :lol:

if i was to guess i'd say a Boro mid sh-it90's
Bored to FLICK

ralphtheclaret
Grand Master

Postby ralphtheclaret » 28 Mar 2018, 13:51

'Boro 2013-14 season ...

lloydie1109
ISF 2018-19 Subscriber
ISF 2018-19 Subscriber

Postby lloydie1109 » 28 Mar 2018, 14:58

'Boro 2013-14 season ...
Yes.
teams come and go, people buy one year, lose interest the next and sell up, Santiagos, Top Spin etc show up when folk pack in playing.
As long as the original sellers make their dosh no hassles.
Marinelife68 on ebay is buying new kit and selling as old, even told me I issued him with some proof of Originality at Renishaw !!!!!!!!!!

lloydie1109
ISF 2018-19 Subscriber
ISF 2018-19 Subscriber

Postby lloydie1109 » 28 Mar 2018, 15:17

explain please, you don't 'have' to buy anything,... if you have acquired them via some clandestine route then be glad you have, they are all good teams. Paul's a good painter.

As to who the F the team is i've no idea as it looks modern therefore hurts my eyes....

I'm surprised if people are 'casting off' his teams, i've never seen one of mine re-for sale, they tend to say in collections as they are unique

sorry if that sounds twatty but it's true..never seen one of Pauls resurface either...
Cheers for the words mark.
I have seen a few of yours appear, it is just folk selling up after stopping collecting/playing nothing else

lloydie1109
ISF 2018-19 Subscriber
ISF 2018-19 Subscriber

Postby lloydie1109 » 28 Mar 2018, 15:20

Two aspects to this....spotting teams painted by Lloydie on Top Spins coming from Lancing being passed off as old hws on eBay, and second, as I seem to be accumulating loads of Lloydie teams being cast off by others....what team is this?
Perhaps the forum gets 48 hours to guess team and year before Lloydie gives us the answer?
I strongly advise you and any other buyer not to buy from the Sussex area.
Two renown repainters, I call such folk Fraudsters, from that area teamed up together, and purchased 10,000 original unpainted HW figures, along with boxes of bases and discs, from a chap whose Father worked at Paddock Wood factory, be careful.

Focus On
Grand Master

Postby Focus On » 28 Mar 2018, 16:12

I have seen a few of yours appear, it is just folk selling up after stopping collecting/playing nothing else
fair play, tbh i rarely search ebay for Subbuteo now as i sold up slowly last two years Paul.

Still want to paint the leagues up and keep my hand in but there was too much capital laying around doing nothing

Plus it funded the Scalextric with a bit left over.

So i was right on the Boro bit but a few years out, i'm surprised total guess
Bored to FLICK

lloydie1109
ISF 2018-19 Subscriber
ISF 2018-19 Subscriber

Postby lloydie1109 » 28 Mar 2018, 16:29

fair play, tbh i rarely search ebay for Subbuteo now as i sold up slowly last two years Paul.

Still want to paint the leagues up and keep my hand in but there was too much capital laying around doing nothing

Plus it funded the Scalextric with a bit left over.

So i was right on the Boro bit but a few years out, i'm surprised total guess
Its all swings and roundabouts, what would ebay be if folk didnt sell the stuff they no longer wanted, we all benefit from both buying and selling on there

WestleyWanderers
Forum Newbie

Postby WestleyWanderers » 28 Mar 2018, 21:45

Right, I'm back.
Thank you, Ralph, for the identification of "boro and those lovely teams you sent me last week.
Forgive my subtle dig at the Surrey fraudsters - too subtle - there's some great painters out there painting new figures.
Additionally I have a couple of lovely restored old hw teams - clearly sold as restored teams that take me back to boyhood joy of pristine subby teams from the toyshop after weeks of pocket money saving.
Fraud has previously been mentioned in relation to 'a Lancing resident' - absolutely accurate. Its so tempting to bid on everything being passed off then simply not pay - but that buggers up eBay feedback! Does anyone know if trading standards have any jurisdiction in ebayland?

So, next question - whenever my 8 year old goes to a friend's party, the present I make him take is a 2nd hand new subbuteo set usually available through eBay at £10. Is this attempt to take subbuteo to a new generation good or bad parenting?

ralphtheclaret
Grand Master

Postby ralphtheclaret » 29 Mar 2018, 05:54

Good parenting no doubt ... I'd have spent a fiver but it's grim up North ... and it would have been the wife's fiver obviously :wink:

lloydie1109
ISF 2018-19 Subscriber
ISF 2018-19 Subscriber

Postby lloydie1109 » 29 Mar 2018, 06:55

Right, I'm back.
Thank you, Ralph, for the identification of "boro and those lovely teams you sent me last week.
Forgive my subtle dig at the Surrey fraudsters - too subtle - there's some great painters out there painting new figures.
Additionally I have a couple of lovely restored old hw teams - clearly sold as restored teams that take me back to boyhood joy of pristine subby teams from the toyshop after weeks of pocket money saving.
Fraud has previously been mentioned in relation to 'a Lancing resident' - absolutely accurate. Its so tempting to bid on everything being passed off then simply not pay - but that buggers up eBay feedback! Does anyone know if trading standards have any jurisdiction in ebayland?

So, next question - whenever my 8 year old goes to a friend's party, the present I make him take is a 2nd hand new subbuteo set usually available through eBay at £10. Is this attempt to take subbuteo to a new generation good or bad parenting?
Never be apologetic about exposing fraudsters, as that is exactly what they are.
Marinelife68 bought a Top Spin 82 off me 7 days ago, now listed it as original at £80, he then told me, the painter, that he bought it at Renishaw and was given a certificate of reality from the seller, it is a Top Spin Team with Top Spin on the bases, what a wally,
best way to stop them is for them to get a negative feedback, so buyers can see what they are.

Lancashire Police are now searching for Mrs P's purse to fingerprint it !!!!!!!!!

Focus On
Grand Master

Postby Focus On » 29 Mar 2018, 08:35

Tighter than two coats of paint is our Ralph
Bored to FLICK

Return to “General and Collecting Topics”