E BAY PURCHASE.

The place to for general Subbuteo threads.
cityfan247
Professional

Re: E BAY PURCHASE.

Post by cityfan247 » 04 Jul 2018, 16:39

Thank you for the comments.

I havent decided what to sell yet except a ref 29. This one from this joblot replaces one from my collection which is not in as good nick. Currently on Ebay if anyone's interested.

I am getting really sad these days. Not only have I gone down the route of different base colour combos and painting anomolies in my collecting of teams but it has now spread to the size of the lettering on the inner discs as well as the type of box. I am now getting an increasing amount of teams that i have multiple times, and to the untrained would appear the same, but to me have a subtle difference.

Yeh i need therapy i know.

skell
ISF 2018-19 Subscriber
ISF 2018-19 Subscriber

Post by skell » 06 Jul 2018, 18:37

No you don’t.....keep going and enjoy our hobby to the full mate !

cityfan247
Professional

Post by cityfan247 » 06 Jul 2018, 20:05

skell wrote:
06 Jul 2018, 18:37
No you don’t.....keep going and enjoy our hobby to the full mate !
Well I know your'e as mad as me Mark. lol :) :)

Heavyweight021
Grand Master

Post by Heavyweight021 » 01 Oct 2018, 19:02

Top class finds, both Ian and Jon!
I've been well off the Subbuteo buying scene for a few months, so it's excellent to see that rare teams at bargain prices still come up.

regd
Forum Newbie

Post by regd » 09 Oct 2018, 22:48

cityfan247 wrote:
01 Jul 2018, 12:14
Really pleased with the 'lot' as a whole. All the teams are in excellent condition. The only negative was all the boxes including the box sets were 'secured' by a few strips of parcel tape. But very happy all the same.

The 124 is the highlight of course. Worth more on its own than I paid for the entire lot.

Top finds there Jon.

Rarely see either of those refs pop up so to nab 2 excellent mate.

Yep while ebay is mainly full of common stuff and dodgy repaints you do come across the occasional masterpiece.

Mark. Most of the 70's pics for Innsbruck I have seen showed them in kits similar to refs 77 and 78. But i found this

http://footballjourney1.blogspot.com/20 ... s-was.html

congratulations, great purchase!
just a note concerning ref 124:
WSG Wattens is an Austrian football club located in Wattens, a town in the state of Tyrol in the west of the country. They currently play in the Erste Liga, the second tier of Austrian football. The club was formed in 1930 and has been known as SC Wattens (1930–53), SV Wattens (1953–71), and WSG Wattens (1984–present). Its most successful period was in 1968–71, when it competed in the Austrian Bundesliga. Between 1971 and 1984 it merged with FC Wacker Innsbruck to form SSW Innsbruck (the merged team went on to win the Bundesliga five times and reached the quarter finals of the 1977-78 European Cup). In this period the club retained its identity with distinct youth teams. (wikipedia)
the club colours of wattens are green/white, wacker innsbruck's are green/black, combined they are ref 124.
the swarovski company is based in wattens and wsg (werks-sport-gemeinschaft) wattens is their factory team. they were a logical sponsor for the merged team.
i grew up nearby and played for wattens in my youth, we all got season tickets for the tivoli stadium to support ssw innsbruck;)
Attachments
images.png
images.png (18.97 KiB) Viewed 426 times
images-1.png
images-1.png (16.18 KiB) Viewed 426 times

cityfan247
Professional

Post by cityfan247 » 16 Oct 2018, 19:09

Thanks for the local knowledge on Innsbruck regd mate.

It has been a chequered history for football in Innsbruck . Mergers & clubs folding. As one of Austria's major cities and the flagbearers for the Tirol region I have always felt Innsbruck has under achieved. As you say Regd after the merger with Wattens the golden era was as SSW Innsbruck in the 70's. Several league titles and Cup wins.Prior to 1970 they hadn't achieved much at all.

I remember they played Ipswich in a European tie and had several members of the 1978 Austrian World Cup Squad such as the goalie Koncilia and the big centre half Bruno Pezzey (didnt he score against England once?)

But by the mid 80's had dropped out of the top flight and a new club Swarovski Tirol had taken over it's Bundesliga licence with Wacker Innsbruck in the lower leagues. Swarovski Tirol won a couple of league titles themselves but folded within 6 years. Wacker Innsbruck regained the licence for a year before once again a new club , this time FC Tirol Innsbruck, took over the licence in '93. Wacker Innsbruck went back to the lower leagues.

Tirol Innsbruck won 3 titles in a row 2000-2002 but went bankrupt whilst reigning champions. Cant imagine that happening in many countries. The original Wacker Innsbruck had also gone by this time so a new club FC Wacker Innsbruck (2002) took over. This incarnation has yo yo'd and not really contended. Currently in the 2nd division.

farmer61
Forum Newbie

Post by farmer61 » 23 Oct 2018, 07:33

Jesus, I've gone mental in the last couple of weeks week.

Purchased replacement players for ref 84 and Motherwell, not sure how I ever got part teams of these as a kid.

Southampton, Blackpool, Swindon, Celtic, Norwich, Liverpool, still sorting out If I have Wolves/Oxford/or Unknown Team.

Divorce next I guess.

Saxony
Professional

Post by Saxony » 23 Oct 2018, 11:46

You'll need to get inventive about where to store all your Subbuteo stuff around the house and getting to the postman before SWMBO does ;)

Return to “General and Collecting Topics”