Probably the biggest and best LW collection ever!

The place to for general Subbuteo threads.
JAMES
Forum Newbie

Probably the biggest and best LW collection ever!

Post by JAMES » 04 Jan 2019, 21:33

If your into LW’s and all the variations then check out this website,

subbuteo.eu

Its all in Italian, but i guess its someone’s collection. Its by far the biggest and best collection i have ever seen. It shows so many variations, by far the most i have ever seen. Their are plenty on their i did not know existed. Although i still have a few variations that are not shown.

Although not as easy and clear to use as subbuteoitalia i will now use subbuteo.eu as my first choice to research and check reference variations.

If this is one persons collection, and he has them in full boxed teams, the value will be huge.

spudski
Grand Master

Re: Probably the biggest and best LW collection ever!

Post by spudski » 06 Jan 2019, 09:16

According to the website...all for sale, open to offers and to be put on ebay.

JAMES
Forum Newbie

Post by JAMES » 06 Jan 2019, 12:35

Yes i translated and read that too. Also the site is dated October 2016. I do not remember seeing a seller from Italy selling what could be this collection on Ebay over last couple of years. Although is likely to have sold some of it privately.

lewisdl
ISF Subscriber 2019-2020
ISF Subscriber 2019-2020

Post by lewisdl » 14 Jan 2019, 19:45

Still think the best reference site for lightweights is Mingardo's
A discussion is an exchange of knowledge, an argument is an exchange of ignorance.

guaranico
Forum Newbie

Post by guaranico » 16 Jan 2019, 21:43

JAMES
Forum Newbie

Post by JAMES » 16 Jan 2019, 22:08

guaranico wrote:
16 Jan 2019, 21:43
Look at this: http://www.subbuteoitalia.com/struttura.htm
Yes subbuteoitalia is a amazing collection.

The first site i found years ago was Beppeming’s. Fabulous collection, the site is the easiest to navigate and view. Shows nearly every ref number and the big variations, but many of the smaller variations are not shown. I think i remember a couple of mistakes on the site too, teams shown on the wrong reference number (it was stated as a variation, but was another reference number team). I liked the fact the boxes were shown with the team, but many of the boxes do not match up with the year of the variation of the team. Full teams have been put in any box, that has the correct reference number.
Then i came across subbuteoitalia. Not as easy and quick to navigate and view, but showed many more of the variations to be found. I beleive a couple of mistakes still. But i now used this site to check variations as it contained far more.
Recently found subbuteo.eu. Some main references are not shown. But far more of the variations are. Some of the variations are very small. Again i think a couple of mistakes on this site too. Not as easy and clear to view and navigate as subbuteoitalia.
I probably still prefer and will use subbuteoitalia first to check references and variations, as its that little bit easier and clearer, but subbuteo.eu does show more of the variations to be found.

Return to “General and Collecting Topics”