ISF Announcement

The place to for general Subbuteo threads.
forfoxsake
Grand Master

Post by forfoxsake » 24 Dec 2004, 17:59

Keep it going Chris mate if you can,it's been superb entertainment for 14 months for me ,I love it.Trevs new forum is to be strictly Subbuteo only so I believe ,so where will I have a place to rant with everyone about the glorious years of punk rock ,& how great The Clash were 8-) or laff at Les C (only joking mate) Or enthuse about what a great side the early 70's Leicester were ,or mourn the passing of John Peel & Kieth Weller..................Thought Steve Lucas hit the nail firmly on the head with his post.Independent & central to Subbuteo (or something like that)
I think we need it,it's for everyone,it's quite superb :!:
P.S.R.I.P. Joe mate 2 years yesterday :cry: still miss you,you were one of us
All the best Jim.
Straight on for the days ahead !

Post by Guest » 24 Dec 2004, 18:06

Hi Chris,

It just has to keep going and hopefully all this reassurance will sway you to keep doing the great job you've been doing from day one, that is, if you still have the passion and interest in the hobby to do so.

Once you have reached your goal in any hobby, I think it must be quite hard to keep the enthusiasm going and other interests do evolve and I don't think anyone could knock you one bit if you decided you've done your time as chief moderator and think it's time to hand it over, things can't go on forever, epecially when your doing it for free. Life is too short to be doing things you don't want to do.

If on the other hand, you stil get a buzz from the board and have the time to do it, then please don't let a couple of hackers get you down!

Mike

Post by Guest » 24 Dec 2004, 18:21

Chris

There will be an ISF because as you can read from these postings, it is needed. If you do not continue..........then someone else will need to create it.

The Subbuteo Club forum will be the same as it is now, low keyand dedicated to a certain view of subbuteo.

As you can see most of the real knowledge of the game is here on this site...............so keep up the good work and let your supporters know if you need help to run the site.

Merry Xmas

Pete M

Post by Guest » 24 Dec 2004, 18:29

I can only add to the theme here which is it would be a great shame to lose the ISF especially under the circumstances.

I play (albeit rubbish of late!) and do not collect at all but I still enjoy keeping up to date with various Subbuteo matters. Who knows, I might get inspired to collect. Having met Andy Phillips, the most enthusistic man in the world :lol: it is likely and this is where I first came across both him and the EMA for which I know play.

Have a nice Christmas break and a rallying call to all of us - support Chris in all he does. We have shown we want him to carry on so lets make a New Years resolution. Support the ISF to the best of our ability.

Cheers Chris - keep up the excellent work.

Simon and Jonathan Bryan

Mark_Smith101
Seasoned Professional

Post by Mark_Smith101 » 24 Dec 2004, 19:07

Chris, when I first noticed the forum was down I did actually think you'd decided to pack it in so I was very pleased to find this isn't the case. Please don't close the board or give up moderating it, its a really valuable and sometimes thankless task you have taken on but as per the comments made you can see how many people appreciate it.

Keep up the independent board!

Mark

1905boy

Post by 1905boy » 24 Dec 2004, 21:20

Chris

Just to echo the above sentiments, I hope you decide to keep it going but don't blame you if you think you've had enough.I hope the hackers haven't made your mind up for you, don't let the b*stards get you down!
Have a good Xmas and hope to still be able to visit the ISF in the New Year ;)

Cheers
Phil
:xmas:

Post by Guest » 24 Dec 2004, 22:30

Chris

The ISF must keep going.... it's what got me back into playing again after a 17 year break.

You've done a great job as administrator and it will be a sad loss if you were to call it a day.

To all the forum members.... have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year :xmas:

Cheers

jonshell

Post by jonshell » 25 Dec 2004, 00:40

EEEEK!! I came on to wish everyone Happy Christmas and find that the forum nearly died! :shock:

Chris, please keep the ISF going. I appreciate it must be a lot of work but its been so successful you can't let it be killed off by hackers :-(

Fingers crossed for a renewed forum in 2005 :xmas:

Best wishes to everyone,

Jon

paogr

Post by paogr » 25 Dec 2004, 08:30

Keep it alive Chris! Its been a bril work all these years.
OK you can change its name to Zombieforum and then i would love it more but we cant have all can we?
I think a lot of us would have saved things from the forum. Especially restoration area so we can give it back to you.
I will start posting some I have saved there. Sorry if i dont have the names of original posters but you can find them.

Come on guys lets give the man a hand.

Merry Christmas everybody
and keep zombie- flicking
Panos :xmas:
http://zombie-king.itgo.com/

paogr

Post by paogr » 25 Dec 2004, 09:03

OK Just copied some to the restoration area! Come on guys give Chris a hand but dont copy our fights LOL.
I am off to eat some Christmas bird :xmas:
Merry Christmas everyone!
Panos

cfclee

Post by cfclee » 25 Dec 2004, 22:31

I dont think I can add anything else, its all been said beofre Chris

Just have a think over the xmas break and take a view then

Lee

ISF Announcement

Post by Guest » 27 Dec 2004, 10:48

I have been a member for a couple of months and although I don't often post messages, I feel I have to respond and ask you to keep the message board going. I , like many, played the game as a boy and really only got interested again as a result of stunbling across the forum. I now access the site whenever possible.

Yes there have been some arguments and 'near the knuckle' threads but this makes for interesting reading. The Restoration site has been invaluable and I have even bought some teams to repiant as a result of tips from members. Some of the articles on building a 5 a side pitch etc are really interesting.

Never mind the prats who hacked into the system - put this down to experience - you will laugh about it in a few years time, but don't give up.

PeteJS
Seasoned Professional

Post by PeteJS » 27 Dec 2004, 17:50

I hope this forum keeps going. Its a valuable source of everything Subbuteo and is priceless. Thanks for all the hard work in the past Chris.
And here's to the future of the ISF.

Happy New Year.

PJS
Current spares: Brescia x2 light blue inner, white outer, PMs please if you can help.

Post by Guest » 27 Dec 2004, 18:29

Just back from Xmas away...

Please keep the ISF going Chris - as simple as that mate. Cheers for all of your hard work.

Happy New Year to all.

Focus On
Grand Master

Post by Focus On » 17 Jan 2008, 18:02

Stan wrote:Chris,

I cannot say that I have always been happy to some of your reactions to postings by myself and Peter Upton which seems to be connected with the old forum and not this one, but you have made this an excellent forum. Beside the technical quality of the forum, you are always quick to offer good advice to newcomers and rarely interfere in the threads. If you were to pull out, it would be a serious blow to the Subbuteo fraternity.

It is however not surprising to me that you are unsure whether you want to continue. The level of abuse has risen as has the trivialising of important threads. However there is no chance of the alternative forums being better than this one and I hope that you can be persuaded to continue.

Stan
brought back some memories RIP Stan
Bored to FLICK

Return to “General and Collecting Topics”