Paypal Charges

The place to for general Subbuteo threads.
Mark_Smith101
Seasoned Professional

Paypal Charges

Post by Mark_Smith101 » 27 Dec 2004, 17:49

Hi All,

Can someone direct me to where on ebay it says that you cannot charge buyers extra fees to use paypal on ebay.

Much appreciated

Mark

Neil
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Neil » 27 Dec 2004, 17:55

Mark,

Try here (in the 'Surcharge Policies' section):

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/community/png-list.html

Neil

PeteJS
Seasoned Professional

Post by PeteJS » 28 Dec 2004, 20:27

There's good news and bad news with this Mark, that's not in the on-line help.
The good news is that if you want to add surcharges, then feel free, useless eBay do nothing to stop the seller. They may have this one-line sentence on their help. However by the time they bother to do something, it will be next decade. You and your item will be long gone.
The bad news is that if you are hoping to buy something. Then as a lot of sellers seem to be saying "You should have read the smallprint, if you don't pay up I'll neg you!". So next time you buy just make sure you've read every little piece of nonsense they've put with their description.

I hope that's cleared up the finer points of this ruling for you.

PJS
Current spares: Brescia x2 light blue inner, white outer, PMs please if you can help.

Mark_Smith101
Seasoned Professional

Post by Mark_Smith101 » 29 Dec 2004, 12:12

Cheers Pete.

Fundamentally I don't agree with the rule as I've discussed previously on this forum but as a seller I've abided by the rules so its a bit annoying when others don't!

Now that I see there aren't any I'm tempted to add the surcharges myself!

Mark

PeteJS
Seasoned Professional

Post by PeteJS » 29 Dec 2004, 21:00

Must admit I've kinda given up with it. eBay seems pretty powerless to stop the near hundreds(thousands?) charging surcharges. I think I probably do this nowadays:
If your surcharge is too high I wont bid. If your surcharge is reasonable (say the same price as a trip to the postbox) then I'll probably pay. Otherwise I'll send a cheque like the good old days.

PJS
Current spares: Brescia x2 light blue inner, white outer, PMs please if you can help.

Return to “General and Collecting Topics”