all table soccer's collection, please read very important

The place to for general Subbuteo threads.
up the boro
Grand Master

all table soccer's collection, please read very important

Postby up the boro » 04 Feb 2005, 18:38

hi all,
i have just recieved a team from luca, in my opinion, the box is a replica, the team are zuego figures, the referance sticker is shiny and brand new, the team is brand new and recent paint job, i am very dissapointed to say the least, but also relieved, i was just about to shell out 5250 pounds on the full collection, dont get me wrong this is in my opinion a dodgy situation, but i may be out of order stating these facts, did parodi produce there own style of figure? because these are not subbuteo figures, also the box is brand new and looks poor artwork quality, i can send scans to anyone who would like one, so you can make your own minds up.

Focus On
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber

Postby Focus On » 04 Feb 2005, 20:34

I'd like a scan if not too much trouble :blink:
Ex ICF read the books see the films, laugh, and then ask what really happened

thatsmagnificent

Postby thatsmagnificent » 05 Feb 2005, 10:50

I'd like a scan as well. Be interested to see how he managed to get Zeugos into HW bases?? I would have thought they were genuine figures just painted up more recently ??? in the replica box.

Cheers
Chris

up the boro
Grand Master

Postby up the boro » 05 Feb 2005, 11:15

these figures are like crude hong kong copies, they are what gives it all away, they have very litte or no features, hardly any clothing creases, they are definately fatter than normal heavies, the original subbuteo bases have a film of lauqer on them, these bases are more like a hasbro base in colour, everything is brand new, even down to the inserts, so somebody is producing these, i asked about his collection and when do the box types change, ie at what referance, luca told me all the heavies are in the 76 box, if these teams were genuine that would not be so, i have taken scans but they arent very good, i am willing to send this team to whoever is the authority on heavies so he could have an opinion, what do you all think
cheers terry

Jamie Ballard

Postby Jamie Ballard » 05 Feb 2005, 11:45

Chaps
As I have stated many times before, this chap is a wrong un and has been ripping people off for quite some time. Aviod unless you have money to throw away

Regards

Jamie

Paul_E

Postby Paul_E » 05 Feb 2005, 13:02

I agree with Jamie . Never has looked right to me. Also the prices asked for the teams are ridiculous. I would like to see a scan of that player too Terry. Hopefully you can get it up on the forum.

up the boro
Grand Master

Postby up the boro » 05 Feb 2005, 13:39

i aint that clued up with p.c's, how do i do that paul?
if i email the scans to someone i suppose they could do it.
:p :p :-? :-? :lol: :lol: :lol: :-o :-o :-o

ISF
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ISF » 05 Feb 2005, 18:26

Terry,

If you would like to email me some scans, or lend me the team, I will post all the info on the forum so eveyone can see the evidence.

Chris

Focus On
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber

Postby Focus On » 05 Feb 2005, 18:44

Up the boro-there are no stripes on the back of this 46,there should be.Thanks for the scans but avoid the guy in future if you are personally unhappy with the item.+neg him as he has mis-represented the item he was selling.
Prepare to be negged back though as WestBrom 68 did to me when i was fully prepared to complete trade and he wasnt-then he wrongly accused me of saying the item i was bidding on was repainted.To quote him, he said in my feedback:'accused me of repainting,look at THIS team and judge for yourself'
I NEVER SAID THAT AS HE WELL KNOWS.-I WASNT ON ABOUT THIS BLOODY TEAM IN PARTICULAR!!
Most of his other stuff looks moody though,and i cant be arsed to find links to his old teams here and now.
You must remember these guys take you for a mug and then try to cover their tracks with half facts and blatent lies.
I replied to his neg calling him a lying cheating c##t for all to see but few to listen.....
thing is when you get negged everyone reading it assumes the worst-i am a perfect trading partner with a rep ruined by 2 idiots.
Ex ICF read the books see the films, laugh, and then ask what really happened

Mark_Smith101
Seasoned Professional

Postby Mark_Smith101 » 05 Feb 2005, 19:15

Boys, I don't see a need to get scans on the site. All you need to do is have a look at the link for the site. There's plenty of evidence there if you wanna see it.

1) All the boxes are repro's
2) All the ref numbers are cheaply produced
3) Most of the keepers are late 70's straight backs ( see earlier post )
4) He has ao many ref's that have never been seen in HW's ( unless you count Angiedave's

Mark

Postby Guest » 05 Feb 2005, 20:21

you can see the boxes are glossy repros, the number stickers seem to be in the worng font.
colours are too fresh and vibrant

Postby Guest » 05 Feb 2005, 22:02

Sounds like zeugo's. Maybe dad had a couple of thousand lying around unpainted.

From Peter Upton's site, the picture of them down the page would look like HWs from a distance, are 'thicker' and have less detail. Never seen any of them, but guess the inner would not say subbuteo, and from the pictures, the bases are really shiny,a nd the inners slightly sunk?

that's were my money would be.

http://www.peter-upton.co.uk/subzeugo.htm

thatsmagnificent

Postby thatsmagnificent » 05 Feb 2005, 22:34

Zeugos do not fit into Subbuteo discs ( as far as I am aware). So they could be originals just painted up recently or a copy made of a HW figure ( now theres an idea 8-) 8-) 8-) )

cheers
Chris

PeteJS
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber

Postby PeteJS » 06 Feb 2005, 00:44

So I presume that the shrill bidding was also correct too.

PJS
Current spares: Brescia x2 light blue inner, white outer, PMs please if you can help.

Postby Guest » 06 Feb 2005, 13:05

I voiced concerns over a ref 74 on another thread, as someone else has said elsewhere this guy's a rip off merchant.
Thank god you didnt fork out for the whole issue.

Return to “General and Collecting Topics”