www.subbuteoworld.co.uk

The place to for general Subbuteo threads.

Postby Guest » 18 Mar 2005, 15:47

Got my order through there within 48 hours. Very impressed with the service and the handpainted teams and will definitely be ordering again.

The magazine looks nice enough. Certianly the kids in school today had fun flicking through issue 5.

Cheers, Dave.

thatsmagnificent

Postby thatsmagnificent » 18 Mar 2005, 21:44

I think Pete at Subbuteoworld does offer a great service. I think the new teams are generally fairly priced - although there are obvious exceptions.
I think that some used items are very expensive though.

Maybe Pete's impact will be to encourage other people to set up their own businesses and complete with him. That can only be a good thing and force prices down in the longer term. Overall I think the more outlets to buy Subbuteo the better for collectors.

Robert
I think you will find thats the last thing he wants!!!! Remember he runs a business and competion means less profits.

Also if a certain person insists on exclusivity then how the bloody hell can that force prices down....

tornadotoys
Apprentice

Postby tornadotoys » 20 Mar 2005, 15:47

I realise that is the last thing he wants...

If there are more sellers around then surely, in the long term, exclusive items will dwindle.

Although I am obviously speaking as a naive outsider :blink:

shaun

Postby shaun » 20 Mar 2005, 16:00

If there are more sellers around then surely, in the long term, exclusive items will dwindle.
Although that doesn't really work when SW strikes a deal with Parodi to be the sole distributor - thus eliminating any competition, setting up a nice monolopy and using a random number generator to create his price list.

All for the good of the game though ;)

tornadotoys
Apprentice

Postby tornadotoys » 20 Mar 2005, 16:30

Didn't Peter Adolph invent Subbuteo to make money ???

What is so wrong with profit. Without it the game wouldn't have started in the first place.

;)

Cheadle Athletic

Postby Cheadle Athletic » 20 Mar 2005, 17:25

Didn't Peter Adolph invent Subbuteo to make money ???

What is so wrong with profit. Without it the game wouldn't have started in the first place.

;)
Nothing wrong with making a profit at all, but it hardly benefits us as players/consumers if one company has a monopoly on supplying certain items. I can see why SW want to be exclusive suppliers, but its certainly not in our interests for them succeed.

thatsmagnificent

Postby thatsmagnificent » 20 Mar 2005, 17:26

We all would like to make money in what we do and there is nothing wrong in that.

Mr Adolph did not just sell to one person though he used various outlets to sell subbuteo.

Basically if you want to buy any of the remaining Parodi subbuteo in the UK you now have only one outlet and thats Subbuteoworld. I still have stock, but now can not reorder. Of course you can order from the magnificent World Table Soccer in Canada though.

At the end of day its the punter who suffers when monopolies are put in place.

Was not having a go at tornadotoys with my comments earlier. Just been on the end of another fast one.

Cheers
Chris

tornadotoys
Apprentice

Postby tornadotoys » 20 Mar 2005, 19:20

That's ok Chris.

I didn't realise there was a "deal" between Parodi and SW. No..that is no good for the collector.

The Santiago figure looks terrific..all the best with that. I do think exciting times are ahead....

Robert

World_Table_Soccer

Postby World_Table_Soccer » 20 Mar 2005, 20:05

Chris,
Thanks for the good feedback...
World Table Soccer is also subject to Parodi-Subbuteo ordering limitations even though we're based outside the UK. Then of course there's the delays!

I'm still waiting for part of my pre Christmas order...
It's almost April for f***s sakes! Pardon my "French". Maybe things would speed up if I spoke Italian. Let's face it, it wouldn't help either.

Paying up to 9.00 GBP for a Subbuteo team when they cost approx.
1.00 GBP to manufacture is NOT good value to the consumer.

It's quite right that we all have to make a profit but those of us who invested a lot to try to make a living from selling Subbuteo etc don't like to have our very exsistence threatened by incredibly shady business practices and complete lack of morals.

I can totally sympathise with Chris and everyone else affected by this type of thing. Neither Chris or WTS use someone else's trade name in our URL etc to further our endevours. That's maybe something to some traders to ponder in the future in terms of IP and copyright issues.

BTW, we've got a load of Parodi teams on eBay and they are NOT exclusive to WTS, just for the record.

Cheers'
Dave

mahler005

Postby mahler005 » 23 Mar 2005, 20:03

I sympathise with the views expressed by the other traders...anti-competitive behaviour is bad for everyone

But to balance that Pete does provide an excellent service and he has helped to innovate...such as the Melchester teams and the premium Austrian teams....

I also thought the latest magazine was very good...mainly from the point of vierw of showcasing some excellent hobbyist-painted teams, using the colour attribute of the mag to fantastic effect. It inspired me to paint at least two additional teams I probably wouldn't have done otherwise

Which brings me to my main point...is there any place in cyberspace acting as a gallery for home-painted table football teams ? I would like to be able to click somewhere and see the best examples of the painters craft...including hopefully from some of the guys on here (Phipps, Wilko, Cockney etc.) .

Could this be part of the remit of the ISF...or could a member take the lead (not me I'm sorry I'm an IT ignoramus)

BTW, expressing vaguely pro-Pete views effectively got me banned from Trev's forum...I hope that doesn't to me here too :lol:

:lol: Steve

paogr

Postby paogr » 23 Mar 2005, 21:54

You can admire some Phipps at my Zombie Site-he has his little space
More of his work soon!

Cheers

ISF
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ISF » 24 Mar 2005, 08:14

Steve;
It's a shame that Trev has decided to run his forum in such a dictatorial style - basically if he doesn't agree with your comments, then you're out. This cannot be good for game.

If somebody volunteers to host peoples efforts at painting teams, I'll certainly make a link to the page from the forum.

Chris

Focus On
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber

Postby Focus On » 24 Mar 2005, 12:39

I sympathise with the views expressed by the other traders...anti-competitive behaviour is bad for everyone

But to balance that Pete does provide an excellent service and he has helped to innovate...such as the Melchester teams and the premium Austrian teams....

I also thought the latest magazine was very good...mainly from the point of vierw of showcasing some excellent hobbyist-painted teams, using the colour attribute of the mag to fantastic effect. It inspired me to paint at least two additional teams I probably wouldn't have done otherwise

Which brings me to my main point...is there any place in cyberspace acting as a gallery for home-painted table football teams ? I would like to be able to click somewhere and see the best examples of the painters craft...including hopefully from some of the guys on here (Phipps, Wilko, Cockney etc.) .

Could this be part of the remit of the ISF...or could a member take the lead (not me I'm sorry I'm an IT ignoramus)

BTW, expressing vaguely pro-Pete views effectively got me banned from Trev's forum...I hope that doesn't to me here too :lol:

:lol: Steve
Good post Steve-i'd love that!!
Never been one to show off,but i'd absolutely love a bit of webspace to email my latest daublings to,just finished 120/190/173.......yep all on blue/white but i find it saves keep washing the brushes too often if you hit three similar sides at a time.
Be even better to see what Wilko and Jamie and Phippsy have been up to. :-o
PS can always email you some of my replicas Steve :shock:
Ex ICF read the books see the films, laugh, and then ask what really happened

shaun

Postby shaun » 25 Mar 2005, 09:48

Chaps

Yahoo groups allow you to upload photos - so I set up a 'Subbuteo Restoration' group for this purpose:

http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/Subbuteo_Restoration/

Fairly straightforward to upload photos - go to the 'photos' link on the left hand side.

It's not ideal, but it's better than nowt.

Shaun

Postby Guest » 25 Mar 2005, 18:38

theres one on the subbuteo club forum, i must say it looks rather good.

and as you said your self shaun referring to the yahoo one
It's not ideal, but it's better than nowt.

Shaun
so go to The Gallery Here!
bidc

Return to “General and Collecting Topics”