Welcome to the Forum

The place to for general Subbuteo threads.
Paulhilton
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber

Re: Welcome to the Forum

Postby Paulhilton » 20 Jun 2017, 21:06

Hi mate,

I am fairly new myself but you should be fine to start a new thread and upload the pic under "General and Collecting Topics" - "help wanted
identifying a team".

I am sure someone on here would be able to identify the team- in fact I am certain!

If its a super rare team and you are selling it, I want first dibs!

Gazzabnorthern
Forum Newbie

Postby Gazzabnorthern » 09 Aug 2017, 18:35

Hiya people my names Gary and I've been hanging about here for abit so I thought I'd introduce myself :) I had a subbuteo set years ago (the one with Notts forest and Tottenham on the front) but never really played and the set disappeared at some point :( now I'm abit older and had a Cruise on the e.b.a.y and managed to get a set (a few sets lol) and got a board and stand to put it all on so I can now play and so far getting well into it....still abit fuzzy on the rules but I'm getting better at flicking the figures about (the mighty Sheffield Wednesday I might add). So yeah that's me now I'm off to find people to play and give me some pointers :)
Ps. I'm in south west London area if there's any leagues / players want to help me out :)
Anyone for darts? :clap:

SweSaint
Forum Newbie

Postby SweSaint » 13 Aug 2017, 20:03

Welcome Gaz

lloydie1109
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber

Postby lloydie1109 » 14 Aug 2017, 08:41

HI Gaz, welcome to the forum,
if you search for a member called Zendev, his name is Rudi and he runs a club in London

krama
Seasoned Professional

Postby krama » 14 Aug 2017, 21:22

Welcome Gaz, hope you enjoy getting back into this great game/pastime /hobby/brand...the more the merrier, even after seventy years since it started! 8)
MA.

Gazzabnorthern
Forum Newbie

Postby Gazzabnorthern » 14 Aug 2017, 21:41

Cheers all....gonna keep practicing :)
Anyone for darts? :clap:

chrisone85
Forum Newbie

Postby chrisone85 » 22 Aug 2017, 11:07

Hi all,

New here though have been reading it for a while. Have recently got back into the game. Used to play it in the 90's on the floor with my Brother's and Dad and one of my fondest memories was coming back from the local toyshop with a Wimbledon/Verona team which cost me £1.99! We also had the floodlights and used to close the curtains so it would get dark earlier and we had an excuse to use them.

Practising when I get the time but hoping to find some people to play at some point in the future (though my blocking flicks need a lot of work as we never played them as kids). Am based just outside Southampton. Have really enjoyed reading a lot of threads on here and glad to see the game is still played.

krama
Seasoned Professional

Postby krama » 22 Aug 2017, 12:26

Welcome Chris. yes, still played and enjoyed after 70 years!! Enjoy getting back into Subbuteo, the more the merrier.
Cheers Mark A.

duncthehat
Seasoned Professional

Postby duncthehat » 22 Aug 2017, 13:40

welcome to the forum

rimetcup
Forum Newbie

Postby rimetcup » 04 Sep 2017, 09:33

Hi all! New in the forum, I was just a reader and finally decided to join! :) Great forum, congratulations!

I have a question that I posted but I got no reply, and I need some feedback asap...What do you think about the Subbuteoworld fair in Sheffield, mid October. Is it worthy? Many sellers and few buyers maybe? Please share your opinions, and possibly let me kno about other fairs that could be equally or more interesting. Thanks! :lol!:

lloydie1109
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber

Postby lloydie1109 » 04 Sep 2017, 09:58

The Sheffield Fair is always worth going to, but be there for 0900.

skell
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber

Postby skell » 04 Sep 2017, 10:29

Hi all! New in the forum, I was just a reader and finally decided to join! :) Great forum, congratulations!

I have a question that I posted but I got no reply, and I need some feedback asap...What do you think about the Subbuteoworld fair in Sheffield, mid October. Is it worthy? Many sellers and few buyers maybe? Please share your opinions, and possibly let me kno about other fairs that could be equally or more interesting. Thanks! :lol!:
First and foremost welcome on board .... the Sheffield fair is very good indeed I seriously recommend it lots of sellers and a good way to meet fellow enthusiasts!!.. There is a tournament and collectors fair at Stoke also and there is a possibility of a collectors fair in Maidenhead being organised too.It will all be posted on here so keep an eye out oh and the next Sheffield fair is on October 15th , be good to see you !

BlackpoolRock
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber

Postby BlackpoolRock » 04 Sep 2017, 10:44

Welcome to the forum, Rimetcup.

I, too, can recommend a visit to Renishaw. If there's anything you want, there's more chance of finding it there than any other fair I've visited up to now. You will also meet up with some of the folk behind the names on here. If you can make it, hope to see you there.

rimetcup
Forum Newbie

Postby rimetcup » 04 Sep 2017, 11:52

Thanks everybody for the useful info. I will try to be in Renishaw! What about the other fair in Stoke? What dates exactly?
It is pity to be in the UK and only take part to a fair but no tournment, that is the bad point of Renishaw compared with Stoke... :(

rimetcup
Forum Newbie

Postby rimetcup » 06 Sep 2017, 21:56

I got my flight ticket for Renishaw, I guess it wil be fun! :clap: :clap: :clap: Does anybody know if there is a chance to play few matches in the Sheffield area after the fair, on Saturday evening? Or even Sunday?

And concerning the Stoke fair, do you kow when it take place?

Return to “General and Collecting Topics”