Welcome to the Forum

The place to for general Subbuteo threads.
Paul
Apprentice

Re: Welcome to the Forum

Post by Paul » 04 Feb 2018, 16:18

I've just joined the forum so I thought I'd say hello to everyone. :wave:

I've got a bit of a collection going (heavyweights). Not comparable to some of the collections in evidence on the forum, I hasten to add.

Look forward to posting from time to time.

Paul.
Carpet football sucks.

krama
Seasoned Professional

Post by krama » 04 Feb 2018, 17:02

Welcome Paul. HW's also my favourites, not that I collect them though!
Mark A.

Jon
Forum Newbie

Post by Jon » 05 Feb 2018, 20:16

Hi everyone,
Just joined,
Wondered who out there painting teams is regarded highly?

skell
ISF 2018-19 Subscriber
ISF 2018-19 Subscriber

Post by skell » 06 Feb 2018, 11:47

Paul wrote:
04 Feb 2018, 16:18
I've just joined the forum so I thought I'd say hello to everyone. :wave:

I've got a bit of a collection going (heavyweights). Not comparable to some of the collections in evidence on the forum, I hasten to add.

Look forward to posting from time to time.

Paul.
Always a pleasure to welcome a heavyweight collector to the forum Paul.....happy collecting .Check out this forum for who to buy from and moreover who not to buy from on eBay hw collecting can be a bit of a minefield.

cityfan247
Professional

Post by cityfan247 » 06 Feb 2018, 12:11

Welcome chaps. I echo what Mark (Skell) says about HW collecting.

Hi Jon. If you are interested in painted replica's then there are a few guys, who are members on this forum, i can recommend. I solely collect HW teams so my recommendations refer to them. I am sure there are others out there. All use replica figures as repainting original Subbuteo stuff commercially is not the done thing.

Commercially :

Mark Parker at http://www.santiagotablesoccer.co.uk/ has the franchise in the UK for Santiago (a Subbuteo replica). He does HW and older style figures. Top notch. I have many of his teams.

Paul Lloyd (Lloydie) . He sells on ebay and has a store http://stores.ebay.co.uk/WORLD-SUBBUTEO ... 7675.l2563. He uses Top Spin (another excellent HW replica). Again top quality and i also have many of his teams.

Mark (Focus). Mark uses Santiago figures and sell on Ebay. He gets as good a match to the original Subbuteo colours and style of painting that I have seen. Have quite of few of his teams

Alex (Ogi71) . Produces quite frankly works of art. See in the Members Paint Jobs section on this forum or visit http://www.flicktokick.org/

Calum Westwood . Not entirely sure if Calum is still in the business . Again exquisite eye for detail. http://www.westwoodtablesoccer.co.uk/

All I think do teams to order.

Ian (Spudski) also does terrific work with Top Spins (keeping true to original Subbuteo) and sells from time to time.

If i have missed anybody ....sorry.

Jon
Forum Newbie

Post by Jon » 06 Feb 2018, 17:58

Thanks for that,I will have a look,

Paul
Apprentice

Post by Paul » 06 Feb 2018, 18:26

Thanks Mark A (Krama), Skell, Cityfan (Ian), for the welcome.

Collecting, eh. Once you're into it, it's hard to stop.

Now then, where did I put that miniscule F.A.Cup; you know, the one from the mid-70's VIP presentation set. :-k
Carpet football sucks.

Heavyweight021
Grand Master

Post by Heavyweight021 » 06 Feb 2018, 21:22

Paul wrote:
06 Feb 2018, 18:26
Now then, where did I put that miniscule F.A.Cup; you know, the one from the mid-70's VIP presentation set. :-k

Aye, all the best to ye in locating that!

I've come across a few of the boxes – and have many of the figures – but the miniature cups are another thing altogether!

How many of these found their way into hoover bags I wonder?

thecroquetkid
Forum Newbie

Post by thecroquetkid » 04 Mar 2018, 12:11

I've just joined the forum. Looking for people to play near Scarborough/York. I'm getting back into it after a 40 year gap! I'm sticking my vintage cloth/baize pitch down onto my newly built table today! I've got the standard vintage reds and blues teams in lightweight and heavyweight. I've no experience of the modern flatter bases.

BlackpoolRock
ISF 2018-19 Subscriber
ISF 2018-19 Subscriber

Post by BlackpoolRock » 04 Mar 2018, 12:26

Welcome CK, not just to the forum, but back to Subbuteo. Long may you have more fun from the game you clearly remember so fondly.

It will obviously be your choice whether to remain with the traditional, or venture into the modern equipment and rules. You will certainly find folk on here who will be interested to read about where your rekindled interest takes you. Good luck.

thecroquetkid
Forum Newbie

Post by thecroquetkid » 04 Mar 2018, 12:45

Thanks, BR. Am I right in thinking that you've got a league going not too far from me, around Guisborough? Are you a member of netfa? I take it you play with the modern teams? I'll certainly come for a look at one of your more southerly meets. Guisborough, Redcar, Stockton, Darlington.

I've seen some info which suggests that there used to be a club in Scarborough. Have you got any contacts from here who still play?

BlackpoolRock
ISF 2018-19 Subscriber
ISF 2018-19 Subscriber

Post by BlackpoolRock » 04 Mar 2018, 13:38

Not me, I'm afraid. I live a fair bit further north than that, and am not, and never have been, a member of any club.

I returned to Subbuteo just over two years ago, initially with the more modern equipment, but have opted to play the traditional game, going even further back than my schooldays.

Paul
Apprentice

Post by Paul » 04 Mar 2018, 19:51

thecroquetkid wrote:
04 Mar 2018, 12:11
I've just joined the forum. Looking for people to play near Scarborough/York. I'm getting back into it after a 40 year gap! I'm sticking my vintage cloth/baize pitch down onto my newly built table today! I've got the standard vintage reds and blues teams in lightweight and heavyweight. I've no experience of the modern flatter bases.
Welcome to the forum, CK. :wave: My Subbuteo history sounds a bit similar to yours. I played in the late 60's and through the 70's. Got back into it about 10 years ago and was amazed at all the different products (figures, bases, etc.) available on t'internet. Course, back in the day there was Subbuteo, and, err ....., that was it really, as regards table soccer.
Good luck finding people to play in the Scarborough/York area. Or alternatively, If you've been blessed (or cursed) with the collecting gene, then there's tons of stuff out there. There's also a Subbuteo fair, twice a year at Renishaw. The next one is in May (full details on the Subbuteoworld website). Well worth a visit. :thumbsup:
Carpet football sucks.

thecroquetkid
Forum Newbie

Post by thecroquetkid » 04 Mar 2018, 21:36

Thanks Paul, and Blackpool Rock, for your encouragement!

ralphtheclaret
Grand Master

Post by ralphtheclaret » 05 Mar 2018, 07:20

Return to “General and Collecting Topics”