Welcome to the Forum

The place to for general Subbuteo threads.
mahler005

Welcome to the Forum

Postby mahler005 » 08 Oct 2006, 05:09

Welcome to the Independent Subbuteo Forum -

The purpose of the Forum is to promote entertaining discussion about matters relating to Subbuteo and table football.

This is a place where both new and long-established members can share information and insight on all matters relating to Subbuteo.

As on any website such as this, sometimes controversial subjects are raised and members have differences of opinion. On these occasions members need to bear in mind that Forum's long-established policy on moderation, which is simple and unambiguous.
  • Please respect the views of other posters to this site and be aware that any abusive messages are liable to be deleted
Obviously the moderators cannot be monitoring the site 24/7. If you see a message on here that causes concern please email a moderator and we will consider the matter as qucikly as we can.

MahlerOO5
Grand Master

Postby MahlerOO5 » 18 Oct 2008, 15:04

My moderator powers "disappeared" due to a technical problem about 9 months ago...

I didnt get them restored. TBH it didn't seem to matter because things were generally pretty good. Well, occasionally a bit raw, but given that we're all grown up blokes and we're not really targeting a family audience...

Anyhow, things have lapsed a bit so please remember the above policy, let's respect each other and focus on Subbuteo, having a laugh, and sharing information, opinions and insights...
HW teams needed- 237, 297
OHW; 37,38
RugbyHW: 9,24,27,29,31,33,36 Celluloids: 28 green;39;55

lionofludesch
Grand Master

Postby lionofludesch » 18 Oct 2008, 17:28

Was that because of your subtle name change, Steve ?
FIFA World Cuptipping competition
Winner 2010 and, joint with Takis,2014

® :angry:

MahlerOO5
Grand Master

Postby MahlerOO5 » 18 Oct 2008, 17:33

I think it was because when I changed jobs back in March I forgot to switch my Forum email details from my old work email address to my personal one...

then I couldnt update my profile etc...

until the last day or so it didnt seem to matter so I didnt get round to fixing it...
OHW; 37,38

zulublue
Seasoned Professional

Re: Welcome to the Forum

Postby zulublue » 26 Jul 2011, 10:36

Well guys after a forum sabbatical Im back. Under a different name this time !!!
KRO/SOTV

Alex

Postby Alex » 26 Jul 2011, 13:01

Hi there,

I looked as hard as I could but couldn't see a better place to say Hi and introduce myself, my apologies if there is a proper thread for this.

I just got a subbuteo starter set, it's from the mid-90's apparently. One red team and one blue team inside. I decided to invest after reading an article about subbuteo and having an lsd flashback type remembrance of my uncles playing in my Grandparent's huge attic and never allowing me to play.

Anyway, that's about it. I'm sure I'll run into everyone around the forum.

Thanks!

Alex

MahlerOO5
Grand Master

Postby MahlerOO5 » 26 Jul 2011, 13:14

Welcome Alex. I hope you enjoy your starter set. What happened to the stuff in Grandad's attic I wonder ?
OHW; 37,38

Alex

Postby Alex » 26 Jul 2011, 14:22

Thanks. Well, I had a lot of cousins. I think we just systematically destroyed and lost everything. Bloody Kids!

TheRedDevil

Postby TheRedDevil » 30 Jul 2011, 12:31

Another new forum member here,

Couple of nights ago I found my old man united subbuteo set, loads of boken pieces, no goals even. I had a little bit of a mess around with a couple of teams. The next day I decided to have a look online to see how the game was doing. Then I found out Subbuteo was out of print, I was devastated for all of half a second before I found out that several other small companies have decided to fill the void!

I was chuffed naturally and I signed up here. I will probably buy the Superfooty classic edition (United and somebody else no doubt) soon. It seems to be fairly popular here anyway.

Look forward to playing with some of you.

subbuteoman

Postby subbuteoman » 30 Jul 2011, 13:08

Welcome RD. Get the Superfooty, thats the way to go. They are bringing out new individual teams too at £11, which is unbeatable value frankly, as well as being a great Subby clone. The main mod on here is a Man City fan. :lol!: Feel free to post away and ask any questions you might have. Join the Predo league too when it starts. Its good crack. Again, welcome to the ISF.

TheRedDevil

Postby TheRedDevil » 30 Jul 2011, 16:23

Thanks, I look forward to getting stuck in. How do the leagues work?

Can't find much info for beginners on here.

subbuteoman

Postby subbuteoman » 30 Jul 2011, 18:35

The predictions league is pretty simple. Every week our resident fixtures maestro puts up about 8 matches across all English and Scottish divisions that are being played on a saturday. Then we all take a guess at the scorelines. If you guess a correct result you get 1 point, if you guess a correct score its 3 points etc. Then theres bonus points for certain games that are deemed hard to predict.

Last season about 12 of us played every week and theres a League table and whatnot. It adds a bit of spice and interest to a saturday afternoon. At the end the winner gets a bar of chocolate. It will probably start in the next two weeks or so.

TheRedDevil

Postby TheRedDevil » 30 Jul 2011, 20:07

Sounds like a laugh, thought it was subbuteo related then. I'll give it a go.

subbuteoman

Postby subbuteoman » 31 Jul 2011, 08:39

Good man. BTW theres one other ( known ) Manu fan on here. He lives in Cyprus and is a good lad.

lionofludesch
Grand Master

Postby lionofludesch » 31 Jul 2011, 08:55

Where else would he live ? :|
FIFA World Cuptipping competition
Winner 2010 and, joint with Takis,2014

® :angry:

Return to “General and Collecting Topics”