Welcome to the Forum

The place to for general Subbuteo threads.
willie123
Forum Newbie

Re: Welcome to the Forum

Postby willie123 » 20 Jul 2014, 18:04

Hello people,i have found a lot of my old subbuteo from the 60'70's and early 80's whilst preparing to move house.I gave up playing when I got married and then children arrived early to mid 90's and had forgotten all about the collection.Now with grand children around as well I will not be making a comeback.Maybe some of you know where I could get the collection looked at or if there are any members in the surrey area who might be interested.I can put pics up for you to view.A lot of it is in good condition but alas the some of the boxes have not faired well over the years.I would rather it went to someone who needs it and looks after it.Some of the teams are not complete and some need a bit of TLC but if any of you are interested my e-mai address is antonyoconnor@yahoo.co.uk.Any advice you can give me is much appreciated.Many thanks,Willie

NewBob
Forum Newbie

Postby NewBob » 15 Aug 2014, 19:31

Hello folks, I am Bob and I am probably a bit of an oddity around here as I have never played Subbuteo. I have never really been a football fan (more interested in Ice Hockey for many years) but was recently introduced to the joys of the Toolstation Northern Counties East League and the Evo Stik Northern Premier League and I am hooked. I used to paint wargames miniatures professionally and one of my customers asked me to paint up a Subbuteo team which I loved doing. After resisting for a while I have finally taken the plunge and ordered a few 2k4 figures and bases to paint up for myself, hopefully in a few weeks I will have some photos to show you. Until then I shall be trying not to annoy everyone with questions about all this stuff - I thought there was only one kind of table football and one style of figure and base until I lurked here.

Cheers,

Bob.

Number9
Professional

Postby Number9 » 15 Aug 2014, 20:02

Welcome to the Forum Bob, I look forward to seeing your work. Beware, Subbuteo is addictive! you will start by having a sneaky flick, and then you will be hooked :lol:
http://www.pendlefalcon.com

The Traditional Subbuteo Society

We bring our preparation to the table, and opportunity may present itself, and if you are well prepared, you can seize opportunity and then maybe something good happens, and you call that luck.

Michael Mann

Bobby Dazzler
Forum Newbie

Postby Bobby Dazzler » 20 Sep 2014, 17:08

Hello all,
Wonderful site, been looking for a while and decided to join.
On seeing members collections and stadiums - only wished I hadn't got rid of my collection!
But 20 years later, I am a southern rugby league fan and wanted to get a game I could play to and remembered Subbuteo Rugby, so have started collecting!
I have tried searches, just wondered if there was any developments on new or amended rules about for playing the game.
Many Thanks

rigger67
Seasoned Professional

Postby rigger67 » 20 Sep 2014, 17:18

just wondered if there was any developments on new or amended rules about for playing the game.
Yeah, there's been a major one, actually.
It turns out the shape of your balls is wrong.
I highly recommended that you quit egg-chasing and focus on the spherical ball like the rest of the civilised world :D

Welcome in, matey !
I know nothing of the game of which you speak so I'll leave it to the experts. There's one or two with an interest in your sport. Won't be long before someone answers your question :D

Genius975
Forum Newbie

Postby Genius975 » 22 Sep 2014, 04:37

hello ... my name is Simone and I am passionate about this game since my father showed me the walker on the green baize cloth verede ... that after almost forty years !!! I use come from the 'osc Beagle Boys Genoa (Italy) and I hope to get there early to play in the home of this wonderful game !!!!!

spudski
Grand Master

Postby spudski » 22 Sep 2014, 12:28

welcome :P

Genius975
Forum Newbie

Postby Genius975 » 22 Sep 2014, 16:38

:thumright: :thumright: :thumright: Thanks !!!!

ralphtheclaret
Grand Master

Postby ralphtheclaret » 22 Sep 2014, 17:43

Hello all,
Wonderful site, been looking for a while and decided to join.
On seeing members collections and stadiums - only wished I hadn't got rid of my collection!
But 20 years later, I am a southern rugby league fan and wanted to get a game I could play to and remembered Subbuteo Rugby, so have started collecting!
I have tried searches, just wondered if there was any developments on new or amended rules about for playing the game.
Many Thanks
one for Paul maybe ? I've seen a new set somewhere but I can't think where ?

MahlerOO5
Grand Master

Postby MahlerOO5 » 22 Sep 2014, 18:37

I sent a PM earlier suggesting he get in touch with Paul, but he hasn't been back to pick it up as yet...
HW teams needed- 237
OHW; 37,38
RugbyHW: 9,24,27,29,31,33,36 Celluloids: 28 green;39;55

ralphtheclaret
Grand Master

Postby ralphtheclaret » 22 Sep 2014, 18:46

fair enough Steve - the new rules sometimes pop up on ebay

Colourfield
Forum Newbie

Postby Colourfield » 03 Oct 2014, 14:08

Hi forum, I’ve been visiting for a while but have now decided to sign up to say hello and introduce myself. I’m actually a painter of miniatures rather than a Subbuteo player, and haven’t really been following football for very long at all. I have painted wargaming miniatures for many years, as I see one or two other forum members have, but I’m starting to scale that back now.
My interest in painting table football miniatures was sparked several months ago when I painted up a figure to represent Jamie Carragher for my Sister in Law, who is a big Liverpool fan. A 1976 Saint Etienne team followed, for me this time though, and I was soon hooked. Fast Forward to the present day and my list of painting projects is still growing.
I guess I’ll mostly be found in the ‘Members Custom Paint Jobs’ section and will post a picture of my latest completed painted teams once they’re ready.
All the best.
Now on Twitter: @colourfield_ps

ralphtheclaret
Grand Master

Postby ralphtheclaret » 04 Oct 2014, 11:58

Welcome ... Boldmere St.Michaels eh ? ... TSPA stronghold :wink:

Neil
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Neil » 04 Oct 2014, 18:26

The Mikes? - nice place, especially when you win somehow win 6-1 after being under pressure most of the game!

Flash
Semi-Pro

Postby Flash » 04 Oct 2014, 18:58

Hello folks, I am Bob and I am probably a bit of an oddity around here as I have never played Subbuteo. I have never really been a football fan (more interested in Ice Hockey for many years) but was recently introduced to the joys of the Toolstation Northern Counties East League and the Evo Stik Northern Premier League and I am hooked. I used to paint wargames miniatures professionally and one of my customers asked me to paint up a Subbuteo team which I loved doing. After resisting for a while I have finally taken the plunge and ordered a few 2k4 figures and bases to paint up for myself, hopefully in a few weeks I will have some photos to show you. Until then I shall be trying not to annoy everyone with questions about all this stuff - I thought there was only one kind of table football and one style of figure and base until I lurked here.

Cheers,

Bob.
Welcome Bob, what team do you follow in the Evo Stik NPL?

Return to “General and Collecting Topics”