Welcome to the Forum

The place to for general Subbuteo threads.
Sub7
Apprentice

Re: Welcome to the Forum

Postby Sub7 » 05 Jul 2015, 22:49

Did you glue that Zeugo pitch on the board or did you just lay it down?

Cambuur
Forum Newbie

Postby Cambuur » 06 Jul 2015, 16:55

I did glue the pitch on the board , with special glue for rubber, because the back of the pitch is rubber. It is a very flat, but still flexible pitch. Works perfect

Bert

Sub7
Apprentice

Postby Sub7 » 07 Jul 2015, 02:15

Well I got a full size version and it is playable but not entirely flat. If I would glue it to a board I would get it really flat I guess. For now I just lay it down. I use it for the modern game. For old style I use an original Subbuteo pitch from a seventies box set.

Cambuur
Forum Newbie

Postby Cambuur » 08 Jul 2015, 15:08

Sub7

I had the same problem, that it was not entirely flat and this was the reason for glueing it on a multiplex surface. I use modern metal goals. For a vintage game(with celluloids) I also play on this pitch and it plays well. I use the compact (60*90 cm) field and play most times 7 a side soccer.

Bert

Sub7
Apprentice

Postby Sub7 » 09 Jul 2015, 11:52

For the old style game I use moulded heavy weights from the seventies. On a fast modern surface they do not curl very well. And I like the authenticity when playing with that vintage material.
For the modern game I use Extreme works bases combined with original Subbuteo light weight figures.

Regards

Cambuur
Forum Newbie

Postby Cambuur » 10 Jul 2015, 08:03

Thank you for this nice information, at the moment I use a mixture of zeugo and total soccer teams. However I have some sets from the seventies with old fashioned heavy weigths and a set with Zombies (Ajax and another team)
So i have a possibility to play authentic , which could be fun to do

Bert

jenksy
Forum Newbie

Postby jenksy » 14 Aug 2015, 12:41

I do like the zeugo teams with the flat bases, fairly glide on the surface once polished! They don't 'swerve' ,or I can't get them to but I'm not bothered. They are larger as well, which I like and for a tenner (£8.99 at the mo!) Are reasonably priced. I use the ordinary SUBBUTEO cotton pitch which 'grips' my MDF board pretty well and is nice and smooth! May see if Santa can bring me an Astro pitch this year, I'm sure Mrs Jenksy will have word with him for me! The quality compared to the old 70s stuff is brilliant I think! Have fun.

Sub7
Apprentice

Postby Sub7 » 15 Aug 2015, 00:14

I have seen the Zeugo flat bases in two sizes. Do you know why is that?

newgolddream

Postby newgolddream » 27 Aug 2015, 13:06

Just different versions.

SubbuDjoe
Forum Newbie

Postby SubbuDjoe » 14 Oct 2015, 13:11

All,

A big Hi to all of you from a Belgian guy belonging to that popular group of people ‘coming back into the game after a million years’ :D

I have to thank my daughter for literally dragging my old gear from underneath layers of dust at my parents’ house, and later on the nice guys at Subbuteo Club Flanders for pointing me towards some nice entry points for today’s modern offerings.

Needles to say, after all these years, that the past few weeks have been a magical (re)discovery trip, gaping in awe at the new evolutionary products.

Before long, I ordered a restart setup (for the soccer fan in me) and a batch of 2k4 dudes and iBases (for the crafting-hobbyist in me).

Yesterday I mounted my new Pegasus pitch and Astrobase goals, and officialy opened the season with the local derby between Belgium (my daughter on Soccer 3D’s) and The Unpainted Islands (me on iBases)
She beat me 2 to 1, but it’s been a long time since I had so much fun losing a soccer game – hahaha.

Anyway, it feels very good to be back, looking forward to meet/discuss/laugh/enjoy with all you enthousiasts!

Djoe aka ./J
+++ DIVIDE BY CUCUMBER ERROR +++ PLEASE REINSTALL UNIVERSE AND REBOOT +++

Number9
Professional

Postby Number9 » 15 Oct 2015, 09:43

Welcome to the forum Djoe!
http://www.pendlefalcon.com

The Traditional Subbuteo Society

We bring our preparation to the table, and opportunity may present itself, and if you are well prepared, you can seize opportunity and then maybe something good happens, and you call that luck.

Michael Mann

Long Shot
Seasoned Professional

Postby Long Shot » 23 Oct 2015, 11:24

Welcome Djoe ! A nice story there about you and your daughter. It made me smile. :) I returned myself about 5 years ago so I know how it feels. Theres lots of good people on here and lots of experts, so make sure to post and join in the discussions. Any questions, just ask people. Paul.
" And surely now........."

pvdhouten
Forum Newbie

Postby pvdhouten » 08 Jan 2016, 21:43

Best wishes for the new year,

My personal Subbuteo-revival story can be read on http://www.subbuteo.is-great.net
I spend a few days around Christmas trying to make a playing table. I put photos of the building stages on the website.
And I started a overview with data about different figure types while trying to recognize and identify some of the old & new Subbuteo(-like) products.

Good luck,
Peter

Flash
Semi-Pro

Postby Flash » 10 Jan 2016, 12:34

Great little site that!

Hoping to get my own one up and running soon.

BlackpoolRock
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber

Postby BlackpoolRock » 13 Feb 2016, 10:59

Hello Everyone,
How wonderful it is to be able to return to the game I was first given over fifty years ago, then find and be accepted into this Forum, and, most of all, find Subbuteo in such vibrant health.
I have always found the game enjoyable, and even addictive. My fantasy solo league has been reformed and is as much fun as it ever was. For this reincarnation it's back to using FF's and NN's, what memories.
I'm a traditionalist at heart, finding the older rules and pace of the game more appropriate for solo play, especially at my age! Must say though, never used flats, but who's to say that won't be a future project.

'Bye for now, BR.

Return to “General and Collecting Topics”