Newfooty Rare Wartime Box Set

Discussion about the Newfooty football game.
stumpyspurs

Newfooty Rare Wartime Box Set

Postby stumpyspurs » 04 Dec 2012, 21:56

Can anybody help me with this set. I have bought a Newfooty set with a plain label with says Wartime Label on it. It is the same size box as the post war 1940's set but of poorer quality.
We all know Peter Adolph was only allowed to produce Subbuteo & patent it because he claimed New Footy had stopped production during the war. This set contradicts that?
Has anyone seen this wartime set before?
I am quite happy to send pictures if requested.

Gullseye
Grand Master

Re: Newfooty Rare Wartime Box Set

Postby Gullseye » 04 Dec 2012, 22:31

Can anybody help me with this set. I have bought a Newfooty set with a plain label with says Wartime Label on it. It is the same size box as the post war 1940's set but of poorer quality.
We all know Peter Adolph was only allowed to produce Subbuteo & patent it because he claimed New Footy had stopped production during the war. This set contradicts that?
Has anyone seen this wartime set before?
I am quite happy to send pictures if requested.
It would be nice to see a photo. I don't think Peter Adolph got a patent just because he claimed Newfooty had ceased production. He got a patent on his own designs.

pozen
Apprentice

Postby pozen » 04 Dec 2012, 23:55

Is this mate ?
Attachments
new2.png
new2.png (681.33 KiB) Viewed 2003 times

stumpyspurs

Postby stumpyspurs » 05 Dec 2012, 21:37

Yes that's the set. My box is in similar condition. Do you know of anyone else who owns one?

pozen
Apprentice

Postby pozen » 05 Dec 2012, 22:08

I had this set and I sold it. you can find more photos of this set on http://www.collectingsubbuteo.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
if I remember correctly about a year ago on ebay was sold another set like this.

Return to “Newfooty”