Proposed NewFooty Competition

Discussion about the Newfooty football game.
Jaypeedee
Professional

Proposed NewFooty Competition

Postby Jaypeedee » 09 Apr 2015, 16:47

This post is just by way of testing the waters. I have been collecting NewFooty items for a fair few years now, and possess several full sets, a couple of pitches, numerous teams and plenty of balls, goals and other items. Whilst I do not think the game itself is as good, or requires as much skill as, subbuteo, it is nevertheless a fine game in its own right. I have to confess though that I am completely unaware of the level of interest which exists in NewFooty. I do know that some people are fairly avid collectors of the paraphenalia associated with the game, but quite how far that translates into a willingness, even a keenness, to play it is anybody's guess. If enough people are interested, I should love to host a NewFooty competition at The Morning Star pub, which has the virtue of having a very well carpeted lounge area which would minimise the danger of damage to the players, which given their age tend to be in a somewhat delicate condition.

If you would be interested in principle in talking part in such a competition, please either respond to this post or PM me. Ideally, I'd like to conduct the competition this year and, if it proves successful, to repeat it annually. I do consider it important that such a great game as NewFooty continues to be celebrated and enjoyed.

If you do happen to be interested in participating in a NewFooty tournament please ensure you mention any preferred days of the week and/or times of the year.

Focus On
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber

Re: Proposed NewFooty Competition

Postby Focus On » 10 Apr 2015, 06:30

Honestly my opinion of it is pretty low, its well presented but the goals are awful and the players ´spin´ like a fat girl on a hen night :wink:

thank God Mr Adolph did something with the initial idea and turned it into a playable system, and a perfect one pre Hasbro :angry:

I liken Newfooty to pushing ten armchairs round a front room on a heavy shagpile carpet....when tired
Tatran Presov Hooligans 'C' Section!!

Mike Parnaby
Forum Newbie

Postby Mike Parnaby » 12 Jun 2015, 10:44

LOL, great description!
I agree John, while we have to acknowledge the contribution New Footy made to the game we all love, their version of it needed a lot of development. I too find the playing of it far to cumbersome, especially when compared to the Subbuteo flats.
I suspect there will be very little or no interest in this proposed event. However, if you want it to happen I suggest you run it as a one off event within your club with each player using New Footy figures. We did this for a while using the Stefan Corda Image bases and called it Image Night.
It might develop from there, but if it doesn't, at least you achieve the aim of keeping the game alive and active.
Mike

Focus On
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber

Postby Focus On » 12 Jun 2015, 12:17

Mike, aesthetically beautiful but unplayable......Newfooty, not your good self :rolleyes:

notice too i got God and Mr Adolph in the same sentence there :lol!:
Tatran Presov Hooligans 'C' Section!!

Return to “Newfooty”