Vintage Days

Discussion about the Vintage Days football game.
Gullseye
Grand Master

Re: Vintage Days War Time Table Soccer - Review

Postby Gullseye » 08 Nov 2012, 23:45

Price is £49.99 for this set, which I think considering the amount of work involved is quite reasonable. Don't know the price of the pitch/stadium. I did have to wait a few weeks to get the set, it felt almost as long as Mr Adolph kept his first customers waiting. :lol!:

newgolddream

Postby newgolddream » 09 Nov 2012, 01:48

Thanks for your answer, ill go off and search the forum again and waste more of my time, i was interested in buying this and even gave the guy a link from my site but as i cant get any straight answers i feel no one else will, so ill delete the link and you guys can stuff it ....
I sympathise mate... Why write, "I think if you re-read the original vintage days thread you will find that i mentioned the price of both of the sets i purchased." When '50 quid' would suffice?

I would have had one of these sets - but all the crud, pretentiousness, insincere and smart a$$ things that have been written about it have turned me right off.

Focus On
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber

Postby Focus On » 09 Nov 2012, 08:01

Same as, its ok but not good enough
Got Subbuteo/Santiago products coming out of my ears, last thing i need is more from another firm
Tatran Presov Hooligans 'C' Section!!

barrychuckle
Seasoned Professional

Postby barrychuckle » 09 Nov 2012, 08:10

Looking at the previous thread flick2kicks set appears to be a much more primative set compared to gullys and cheaper looking. Are the sets continually evolving? Also have to agree with some members views on the smart alec comments from the people promoting this idea it is very off putting and I thought PLG were doing a bad job :roll: Having said that I would be interested in the stadium/pitch so if someone could give me the price it would be helpful.

Gullseye
Grand Master

Postby Gullseye » 09 Nov 2012, 09:26

TBF I think a lot of the comments were in retaliation for certain members on here rubbishing the product before knowing anything about it. I've not got a problem with anyone making a variation on Subbuteo but as you say you can't collect everything.

flick2kick
Apprentice

Postby flick2kick » 09 Nov 2012, 11:07

:wave: to save anymore members throwing their dummy out of the pram, i will repost vintage days web site http://www.vintage-days.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; then you can contact them yourself for answers to questions you may have. I would also just like to point out to all those members that keep associating me as being involved with vintage days i am only another customer that is very happy :D with their products and these are my own personal veiws on the things i have bought, for anything else you will need to be talking to dave it's his business......thanks :guiness:

up the boro
Grand Master

Postby up the boro » 10 Nov 2012, 08:22

Up the Boro!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
It all seems very easy, this revolution game
But when you start to really play things won't be quite the same
Your intellectual theories on how it's going to be
Don't seem to take into account the true reality

Focus On
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber

Postby Focus On » 10 Nov 2012, 09:00

sounds like an online clinic... VD.co.uk
Tatran Presov Hooligans 'C' Section!!

flick2kick
Apprentice

Postby flick2kick » 10 Nov 2012, 09:26

:?
Last edited by flick2kick on 10 Nov 2012, 09:37, edited 1 time in total.

flick2kick
Apprentice

Postby flick2kick » 10 Nov 2012, 09:27

perhaps you could explain to the rest of us where the joke is and why you are still trying to undermine this guys products when you still don't really know anything about them.

akumulator
Seasoned Professional

Postby akumulator » 10 Nov 2012, 09:50

perhaps you could explain to the rest of us where the joke is and why you are still trying to undermine this guys products when you still don't really know anything about them.
What do you mean .. We don't know anything about the product? We have a website to view with lots of wonderful pictures but slightly confusingly no price. and also have been told by the original customer of the company for over a year ( who Somehow managed to find the product without the aforementioned website) what a wonderful product it is :-)

flick2kick
Apprentice

Postby flick2kick » 10 Nov 2012, 10:03

obviously you did not read the original thread, otherwise you would know that i first bought teams from vintage days from ebay, at that time i did not even know there was a web site for it and i think you will find that there is a contact us page on his site to ask for prices as everything he sells is not mass produced but hand crafted.

akumulator
Seasoned Professional

Postby akumulator » 10 Nov 2012, 11:26

That's me telt then! :-)

I actually like the product as I am sure the vast majority of people on the forum do

Just find it odd that you don't understand why you and the VD guy (see ...shock horror.. I am willing to accept that are not the same person;-) ) have antagonised/alienated the vast majority of people on the forum by the repeated pops at Peter and Mark Adolph
Last edited by akumulator on 10 Nov 2012, 11:47, edited 1 time in total.

flick2kick
Apprentice

Postby flick2kick » 10 Nov 2012, 11:42

That's me telt then! :-)

Just find it odd that you don't understand why you and the VD guy (see ...shock horror.. I am willing to accept that are not the same person;-) ) have antagonised/alienated the vast majority of people on the forum by the repeated pops at Peter and Mark Upton

whatever i have said on this forum are my opinions and i think i am entitled to them, anything else said by any other member on here is the same for them and certainly nothing to do with dave from vintage days, i'm sure he can answer any aligations made against him if he so wishes, but as far as having pops at Peter and Mark Adolph i have spoken to Mark privately on several occassions and believe me when i say everything is okay between us so please do not try and find any hidden agenda's that don't excist.... thanks

Allwrighty

Postby Allwrighty » 10 Nov 2012, 11:46

How much is the pitch ? :)

Return to “Vintage Days”