Vintage Days - Wartime Football

Discussion about the Vintage Days football game.
flick2kick
Apprentice

Re: Vintage days table soccer

Postby flick2kick » 01 Oct 2012, 09:39

oh i don't know!! some people are very careful with their money they only want freebeeies... ;-)

an answer for newgoldream, if you think about it there should not be a problem if both teams have the same coloured bases because you look at the players for the difference in colour, surley thats different to subbuteo as well.... :lol:
Last edited by flick2kick on 01 Oct 2012, 10:47, edited 1 time in total.

newgolddream

Postby newgolddream » 01 Oct 2012, 09:47

Nah, base/disc colour is all that matters - I find it impossible to tell kits apart, especially from above. If the discs aren't contrasting you might as well not bother.

ralphtheclaret

Postby ralphtheclaret » 01 Oct 2012, 10:29

oh i don't know!! some people are very careful with their money they only want feebeeies... ;-)

an answer for newgoldream, if you think about it there should not be a problem if both teams have the same coloured bases because you look at the players for the difference in colour, surley thats different to subbuteo as well.... :lol:
I've been quite happy playing themed/replica soccer style subbuteo for almost 40 years..the cost per season now under a tenner...don't worry about the feebeeis (!) I'm good for a tenner :lol!: .. yawn boring me now your failure to answer the questions is very tiresome

flick2kick
Apprentice

Postby flick2kick » 01 Oct 2012, 10:55

Ralph if you cant get answers on here why not contact vintage days direct by pm, after all he is the man that designs makes and sells the products.... perhaps you should just stop finding fault with others who are trying to advance table football and continue playing your themed/replica soccer style subbuteo, each to there own as they say. ;-)

ralphtheclaret

Postby ralphtheclaret » 01 Oct 2012, 11:00

.why can you not explain why it isn't subbuteo ? .. simple enough question .. why would I want to contact him his previous posts make so little sense I don' t see the need - Lots of us play to a theme otherwise PA would have stuck at ref 1 and 2...strange that you question my criticism as you happily criticised the lads in the custom painted section ?.. now why would that be I wonder ?..

flick2kick
Apprentice

Postby flick2kick » 01 Oct 2012, 11:22

it is rather hard for me to put into words fully why the game differs from subbuteo but perhaps thats just me, i suppose you could say it starts with stefa corda's adapted figure and base which from what i understand was were the design for this game originally stems from and of course the playing surface is nothing like any subbuteo pitch, the difference can really be seen much better in actual game play, as i said before you need to speak to the games maker ... :?

ralphtheclaret

Postby ralphtheclaret » 01 Oct 2012, 11:39

There you go lads..he still can't tell us :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: on that note I rest my case

flick2kick
Apprentice

Postby flick2kick » 01 Oct 2012, 11:48

There you go lads..he still can't tell us :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: on that note I rest my case
forgive me Ralph i did not realise was dealing with the most highly respected eminent leagal mind and such an openly unbiast jury, sorry m'lud... :roll:

ralphtheclaret

Postby ralphtheclaret » 01 Oct 2012, 12:00

That would be unbiased :lol!: .. keep digging the hole its getting bigger .. What are the rule differences ? How does the pitch differ from a pre- shooting area subbuteo pitch ? You have actually played this totally new game ..have you ?

flick2kick
Apprentice

Postby flick2kick » 01 Oct 2012, 12:18

yes just digging for victory, Ralph.... :wink:

Gullseye
Grand Master

Postby Gullseye » 01 Oct 2012, 12:27

How much longer was it that Vintage Days said we had to keep this thread at the top of the board to get a free set ? :D

Ralph are you sure you are playing proper Subbuteo, sounds like you've invented another game.

ralphtheclaret

Postby ralphtheclaret » 01 Oct 2012, 12:40

:lol!: I wonder what the ratio of usernames to IP addresses actually is

ralphtheclaret

Postby ralphtheclaret » 01 Oct 2012, 12:42

yes just digging for victory, Ralph.... :wink:
Excellent .. is there a card for that? Goalmouth full of cabbages due to dig for victory campaign..use heavy ball....

krama
Seasoned Professional

Postby krama » 01 Oct 2012, 13:10

oh i don't know!! some people are very careful with their money they only want freebeeies... ;-)

that certainly is different to Subbuteo, I'll give you that one.....but a bloody nightmare when playing the game. Part of the appeal of Subbuteo over the years is the contrasting bases and discs. I know for a fact that these base combos were not an accidental thing. It was something that PA and his marketing team thought long and hard about as having a lot more visual appeal to customers as well as aiding actual play, and therefore selling more teams. The mono bases for all teams are really boring and do not play well. He hablado......as he used to say! :lol:

Focus On
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber

Postby Focus On » 01 Oct 2012, 14:27

Can you explain a Brazil i had on red bases then Mark?

I prefer 'pub subbuteo' and i should patent it
rules are simple...
22 men in a pub (10 red shirts ten blue) drink boravicka till they fall over and no longer can play...last man standing wins for the team
away games have a 3 shots forfit headstart
the extra two men are mini bus drivers and sick cleaners

this really does bear no relation to the game invented by PA so i reckon i'm in the clear copyright wise :?
Last edited by Focus On on 01 Oct 2012, 15:09, edited 2 times in total.
Tatran Presov Hooligans 'C' Section!!

Return to “Vintage Days”