Vintage Days - Wartime Football

Discussion about the Vintage Days football game.
Focus On
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber

Re: Vintage days table soccer

Postby Focus On » 01 Oct 2012, 14:56

all i can say then is quack quack quack New footy !!!!!! because that is where subbuteo came from.......
yeah but Newfooty is the proverbial 'Skoda' to Subbuteo's 'Ferrari'
no harm taking an idea and making it ten times better, thats called vision

flip me we'd all be listening to 78rpm records not cds otherwise... :roll:
Tatran Presov Hooligans 'C' Section!!

flick2kick
Apprentice

Postby flick2kick » 01 Oct 2012, 17:17

all i can say then is quack quack quack New footy !!!!!! because that is where subbuteo came from.......
yeah but Newfooty is the proverbial 'Skoda' to Subbuteo's 'Ferrari'
no harm taking an idea and making it ten times better, thats called vision

flip me we'd all be listening to 78rpm records not cds otherwise... :roll:
choice it's a good job we have it, otherwise we would all still be using our Ferrari's..... :wink:

flick2kick
Apprentice

Postby flick2kick » 01 Oct 2012, 17:23

:lol!: I wonder what the ratio of usernames to IP addresses actually is
perhaps if a moderator is reading this thread they could do some checking of the IP addresses for you Ralph, then you wouldnt keep getting confused with who's who, or perhaps you just need to keep taking your medication... :lol:

Number9
Professional

Postby Number9 » 01 Oct 2012, 17:51

I think we have now reached a conclusion, there is a football game, which looks classy, and is a bit like subbuteo, but isnt. It has bases and figures which have in some way been adapted from figures and bases which used to be used for Subbuteo, but arent now.

I think the figures are quite pretty - at some point I may buy a set off e-bay and put them on some other kind of base and use them to play Subbuteo with - hope no one minds? :lol:
http://www.pendlefalcon.com

The Traditional Subbuteo Society

We bring our preparation to the table, and opportunity may present itself, and if you are well prepared, you can seize opportunity and then maybe something good happens, and you call that luck.

Michael Mann

ralphtheclaret

Postby ralphtheclaret » 01 Oct 2012, 19:46

perhaps if a moderator is reading this thread they could do some checking of the IP addresses for you Ralph, then you wouldnt keep getting confused with who's who, or perhaps you just need to keep taking your medication... :lol:
So far on this thread you've accused me of looking for a freebie and needing medication....now I would say thats getting a bit off the topic ...In fact I am quite well aside from chronic arthritis and an inability to suffer fools gladly...and have no interest in who you are...none in the slightest...oh and I don' t need any freebies :lol!: ....

flick2kick
Apprentice

Postby flick2kick » 01 Oct 2012, 21:16

So far on this thread you've accused me of looking for a freebie and needing medication....now I would say thats getting a bit off the topic ...In fact I am quite well aside from chronic arthritis and an inability to suffer fools gladly...and have no interest in who you are...none in the slightest...oh and I don' t need any freebies :lol!: ....
Ralph you are the one who keeps going off topic and don't try and twist what has been said, move on and get over it.... :wink:

orm1
Forum Newbie

Postby orm1 » 01 Oct 2012, 22:51

Could any one give even the slightest hint of how it's played? I don't want a free rule set just a general idea and I've searched elsewhere no website and nothing on ebay. Do you flick the figures yes or no? or is it more like a wargame style thing dice, cards, measured movement etc... ?

ralphtheclaret

Postby ralphtheclaret » 02 Oct 2012, 06:16

Off topic ? ... please tell me how requesting clarification on the rules and debatiing the clear and blatant link to subbuteo is off topic ? Several others have also asked you.....no answers yet...and yes I do feel that you could well be linked to vintage days...so I consider that to be on topic as well ;-) :lol!:
Last edited by ralphtheclaret on 02 Oct 2012, 06:43, edited 1 time in total.

up the boro
Grand Master

Postby up the boro » 02 Oct 2012, 07:46

I am rather suprised that no one has come on the forum and mentioned anything about this Vintage Days table soccer, I notice that they have been selling rather well over the last few months, has any other members on here bought anything ???? would be interested to know if you have and what you think about it......
:lol!: :lol!: :lol!:
As night follows day!! :D :D :D :wink:
It all seems very easy, this revolution game
But when you start to really play things won't be quite the same
Your intellectual theories on how it's going to be
Don't seem to take into account the true reality

Focus On
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber

Postby Focus On » 02 Oct 2012, 08:30

WHATS THE BLOODY RULES!!!!?????
Tatran Presov Hooligans 'C' Section!!

flick2kick
Apprentice

Postby flick2kick » 02 Oct 2012, 11:08

Could any one give even the slightest hint of how it's played? I don't want a free rule set just a general idea and I've searched elsewhere no website and nothing on ebay. Do you flick the figures yes or no? or is it more like a wargame style thing dice, cards, measured movement etc... ?
during game play the players are moved around by propelling them with any single part of the hand in order to play the ball.... :rolleyes:

flick2kick
Apprentice

Postby flick2kick » 02 Oct 2012, 11:11

I am rather suprised that no one has come on the forum and mentioned anything about this Vintage Days table soccer, I notice that they have been selling rather well over the last few months, has any other members on here bought anything ???? would be interested to know if you have and what you think about it......
:lol!: :lol!: :lol!:
and the point of you quoting my question Ralph, is.....

duncthehat
Seasoned Professional

Postby duncthehat » 02 Oct 2012, 11:27

Surely the only people that are likely to buy this game are subby lovers.

Vintage whatever his name is came on here then just disappeared.

If he is trying to do this as a business then surely he should be on here all the time promoting it AND if he is trying to do this as a business putting a couple of teams on ebay (well painted I have to say) every now and then isnt going to create much of a consumer base!!!

As for this flick character, if he aint anything to do with the game he needs to get a life!!!

up the boro
Grand Master

Postby up the boro » 02 Oct 2012, 11:32

Surely the only people that are likely to buy this game are subby lovers.

Vintage whatever his name is came on here then just disappeared.

If he is trying to do this as a business then surely he should be on here all the time promoting it AND if he is trying to do this as a business putting a couple of teams on ebay (well painted I have to say) every now and then isnt going to create much of a consumer base!!!

As for this flick character, if he aint anything to do with the game he needs to get a life!!!
Well said Dunc lad!!
It all seems very easy, this revolution game
But when you start to really play things won't be quite the same
Your intellectual theories on how it's going to be
Don't seem to take into account the true reality

ralphtheclaret

Postby ralphtheclaret » 02 Oct 2012, 11:36

The quote speaks for itself flick2kick...don't ask for opinions on an open forum if you can't cope with the answers. You have been condescending and critical of others .. yet not too keen on people questioning this product which you have no connection to ? How strange....

Return to “Vintage Days”