Vintage Days - Wartime Football

Discussion about the Vintage Days football game.
Gullseye
Grand Master

Re: Vintage days table soccer

Postby Gullseye » 02 Oct 2012, 12:17

WHATS THE BLOODY RULES!!!!?????

The problem is anybody who comes on here with anything new gets ridiculed, chewed up and then spat out. So I don't think we will be getting the rules. sadly.

Focus On
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber

Postby Focus On » 02 Oct 2012, 14:05

I quite like the game, BUT what are the rules if they differ from SSG??
it must involve flicking unless hes utilised the wooden ice cream spoon again

might even buy the thing yet, looks cool
Ex ICF read the books see the films, laugh, and then ask what really happened

up the boro
Grand Master

Postby up the boro » 02 Oct 2012, 14:15

Dear oh dear a bloke appears fleetingly to push his game and mock people on the custom paints thread and we haven' t to ask him to back up his statements.....fine .
I know you are getting him back for the comments on the custom paints thread, which is fair enough as they were out of order. Just think that sometimes anything new or different is rubbished before anybody has even tried it. Anyway its been an amusing thread.
Gullseye, i dont think thats the case mate, I have read this thread and flick2kick has been evasive and arrogant, again, it has been a lively discussion, however a blind man on a galloping horse can see it is a revision of Newfooty, (SSG being the 1st revision) so his argument holds no water as it were, the guys just want to see the rules and the cards, Mr flick, feels that people will then be able to create their own version of this game, so he must have a commercial interest rather than a passing one, so i understand where Ralph is coming from, all you can ask on a forum is for guys to be as honest as possible, i do believe mr flick has a hidden agenda, but thats just my opnion, i myself like the look of the game, not to play but as a display.
It all seems very easy, this revolution game
But when you start to really play things won't be quite the same
Your intellectual theories on how it's going to be
Don't seem to take into account the true reality

Gullseye
Grand Master

Postby Gullseye » 02 Oct 2012, 15:18

Yes I can't see what all the secrecy about rules is and my point is that he may have been a bit more forthcoming without so much bitching.

I've ordered a set , which takes a couple of weeks to arrive, so will be happy to answer any questions on the rules. Its a nice looking set anyway and not badly priced.

orm1
Forum Newbie

Postby orm1 » 02 Oct 2012, 18:11

Gullseye be interested to here what are in the most secret rules of all time, if you are trying to promote a game surely a hint of how the game works is essential to get people interested no?

And if are palying it you might want other people to show an interest so the game keeps going.

Thing is this Vintage Days stuff looks good very nicely put together not sure this thread has done the game any favours.

duncthehat
Seasoned Professional

Postby duncthehat » 02 Oct 2012, 22:55

Yeah you are right the thread has done it no favours.

Without knowing how the game plays I would only invest in the teams for use with subby.

As it happens I like his teams and having just about exhausted my Dutch teams of the seventies through Mark and Wrighty et al am looking for a new project to collect.

The fact it clearly comes across as a one man part time business with little output that may well be gone in six months puts me off investing.

If someone connected with the game came on the forum and promote it to what in the end is a target audience that to me would be common sense.

And if anyone would like to consider painting up the 12 original league teams of 1888 followed by those that joined the league up to 1900 they have a ready made customer in me!!!

newgolddream

Postby newgolddream » 03 Oct 2012, 00:34

I'll paint them for you Dunc. PM me. ;)

Gullseye
Grand Master

Postby Gullseye » 03 Oct 2012, 07:46

And if anyone would like to consider painting up the 12 original league teams of 1888 followed by those that joined the league up to 1900 they have a ready made customer in me!!!
That is an interesting period with some great kits. Wonder if Vintage Days have already started on a new game for this era? Would have been a more logical period to start with as the game was much different then.

Vikash
Grand Master

Postby Vikash » 11 Oct 2012, 06:13

For all those who are interested (like myself :clap: ) here is a link to the website:

http://www.vintage-days.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:awe: :wub:
How about them transparent dangling carrots
How about that ever elusive kudo

barrychuckle
Seasoned Professional

Postby barrychuckle » 11 Oct 2012, 06:50

Nice site. Clear and concise. Well Done :clap: Explains why flick2kick has been off topic for a while :wink: Having read the brief description of the rules and the fact they struggled with the flicking with the index finger so you can use any part of the hand to propel the figure maybe it should have the slogan "nudge to fudge" especially with unlimited touches. Doesn't explain the defensive tackling rule to negate the ease of keeping control of the ball. It does look like a really nice quality product and considering it's handmade a good price.

Number9
Professional

Postby Number9 » 11 Oct 2012, 07:34

Good to finally see what its all about - must say I'm not interested......

60's was the start for me. Cant consider myself a 'WWII Enthusiast', my parents didnt enjoy it for sure!
http://www.pendlefalcon.com

The Traditional Subbuteo Society

We bring our preparation to the table, and opportunity may present itself, and if you are well prepared, you can seize opportunity and then maybe something good happens, and you call that luck.

Michael Mann

Jaypeedee
Professional

Postby Jaypeedee » 11 Oct 2012, 07:55

all i can say then is quack quack quack New footy !!!!!! because that is where subbuteo came from.......
yeah but Newfooty is the proverbial 'Skoda' to Subbuteo's 'Ferrari'
no harm taking an idea and making it ten times better, thats called vision

flip me we'd all be listening to 78rpm records not cds otherwise... :roll:
I agree that there's no harm in taking an idea and improving it. But subbuteo ten times better than NewFooty? No way! NewFooty is a fabulous game in its own right. :D

flick2kick
Apprentice

Postby flick2kick » 11 Oct 2012, 10:30

[quote="barrychuckle"] Explains why flick2kick has been off topic for a while :wink:

because i have not posted must mean i have a life outside this forum, jumping to conclusions again Mr. Chuckle..... :wink: it would seem that when i post something up i'm accussed of being involved with vintage days and when i don't post i get the same accusation, can't win with some blinkered people on here. :mad:

barrychuckle
Seasoned Professional

Postby barrychuckle » 11 Oct 2012, 10:52

The wink after my comment clearly shows it was tongue in cheek. However it would seem it has struck a very raw nerve :roll:

Vikash
Grand Master

Postby Vikash » 11 Oct 2012, 11:42

This is a great read...

http://www.vintage-days.co.uk/wartime_f ... tory_.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have to compliment the creators of this Vintage-Days Table Football. Seen it so many times on Ebay but never plunged into bidding for the teams :-\ I will definitely be getting myself that boxed set, a few teams, the Indoor Edition and that gorgeous stadium surround with pitch and all the accessories :P :awe: :clap: :wub:

It truly looks fantastic, and I think it's a part of football history that Subbuteo never covered. I am all for Vintage Days Table Football, and I wish them all the success they most certainly deserve :awe:

Enjoy :P
How about them transparent dangling carrots
How about that ever elusive kudo

Return to “Vintage Days”