Splogenessabounds

Post messages about anything to do with music, television or films.
Algy Taylor

Splogenessabounds

Post by Algy Taylor » 15 Apr 2008, 08:06

Bound to be someone on here that knows the track I'm on about ... there's a B side that's a bit like Madness 'One Step Beyond', except it's about socks. Anyway, anyone know what the actual track is? Even better, if you've got an MP3 knocking about ;)

In similar MP3-stylee, was also looking for Sham 69 'Sunday Morning Nightmare', which I can't seem to find anywhere ..

Oh, and if you've got any recommendations along those sort of lines, let me know :G :G

Focus On
Grand Master

Post by Focus On » 15 Apr 2008, 19:24

just found Punk algy?
where you been?
cant help with the Sploge song sorry
Bored to FLICK

lionofludesch
ISF Subscriber 2019-2020
ISF Subscriber 2019-2020

Post by lionofludesch » 15 Apr 2008, 20:21

Born too late, mate.

He heard about it in a history lesson at school. :lol!:
FIFA World Cuptipping competition
Winner 2010,, joint with Takis2014 and 2018

® :angry:

mike2502

Post by mike2502 » 15 Apr 2008, 23:42

Still,

Much healthier for the lad than all that techno rubbish, I mean, you can't spit to it, can you? :lol!:

Algy Taylor

Post by Algy Taylor » 16 Apr 2008, 08:31

cockney1980 wrote:just found Punk algy?
where you been?
cant help with the Sploge song sorry
Yeah, sort of ... I'd bought a Sex Pistols CD beforehand, thought it was crap and then didn't go any further.

Then about a fortnight ago I found some Iggy Pop / The Ruts / Sploge hanging about, gave it a whirl and decided that I did like it after all ... it's just that the pistols are pish. :G

ISF
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ISF » 16 Apr 2008, 08:37

It's called "My Socks Gone Down My Shoe"

http://www.davegoodman.co.uk/Splodge.htm

HTH

Algy Taylor

Post by Algy Taylor » 16 Apr 2008, 08:37

mike2502 wrote:Still,

Much healthier for the lad than all that techno rubbish, I mean, you can't spit to it, can you? :lol!:
It's still all about that techno rubbish, I've just decided that I might've been wrong in the past and other (non-electronic) music is worth listening to after all ;)

Algy Taylor

Post by Algy Taylor » 16 Apr 2008, 08:40

Chris_S wrote:It's called "My Socks Gone Down My Shoe"

http://www.davegoodman.co.uk/Splodge.htm

HTH
Brilliant, ta. Very much appreciated :)

Focus On
Grand Master

Post by Focus On » 16 Apr 2008, 11:09

Algy Taylor wrote:
mike2502 wrote:Still,

It's still all about that techno rubbish, I've just decided that I might've been wrong in the past and other (non-electronic) music is worth listening to after all ;)
if you want early 'techno' try Einsterzendernaubauten or Kraftwerk or early OMD or Ultravox, pre Midge Ure
see also Cocteau Twins, Featus,X-mal Deautsland(spelling)
Bored to FLICK

Algy Taylor

Post by Algy Taylor » 27 Dec 2018, 15:41

cockney1980 wrote:if you want early 'techno' try Einsterzendernaubauten or Kraftwerk or early OMD or Ultravox, pre Midge Ure
see also Cocteau Twins, Featus,X-mal Deautsland(spelling)
Fecking hell .... if they're who I think they are - cheers. I'd heard a track by a German band, would've been early 80s, which was really good - sort of dirty, industrial-sounding techno. Reminded me of Monolake, who do a fantastic line in industrial/experimental techno. :)

Been trying for ages to work out who they were, had a quick look and these might well be them :) So aye, cheers - you're due a pint ;)

Last bumped by Anonymous on 27 Dec 2018, 15:41.

Return to “Music/TV/Film”