A very old rule.

The place for threads about playing tactics/techniques/rules etc.
Brunshawroad66
Forum Newbie

Re: A very old rule.

Post by Brunshawroad66 » 04 Oct 2018, 19:04

2-0 away win tonight with a ref 170 heavyweight team happy days

BlackpoolRock
ISF 2018-19 Subscriber
ISF 2018-19 Subscriber

Post by BlackpoolRock » 04 Oct 2018, 21:08

There appears to be some confusion, which is entirely my fault. Please accept my apologies.

Regarding the keeper. He is entitled to be positioned, by hand, anywhere within his own box (i.e. the goal area) whenever a shot, or back pass, is about to be taken. This is in addition to any defensive flicks the defending team is entitled to.

If the ball enters the penalty area, keeper may, instead of being positioned, be flicked at the ball, to attempt to clear. If he hits an opponent on the way, it is a penalty.

The placing of figures by hand, inside the defence's shooting area, was an accepted part of the game back in the sixties. I suspect it was a genuine attempt at realism, rather than leaving a defender somewhere near a corner flag, for example. It was up to you whether you marked opposing forwards, or, if you could, chose to make them offside.

Also, back then, when the game was played at a slower pace, defensive flicks, for blocking, were permitted alternately between attacks normal flicks, and the attacker was expected to allow time for them to be taken. They were allowed in quotas of three, but if the attack passed back, a new full quota of flicks started up again. There were no blocking flicks, in those days, permitted when the team in possession was in its own half.

From a solo play point-of-view, I find I prefer the turn-based approach, as it is slower, thus providing more time to think about strategies during play.

To back up this post, and attempt to explain the confusion, PM sent.

Brunshawroad66
Forum Newbie

Post by Brunshawroad66 » 05 Oct 2018, 06:39

Yes I appreciate all of that but for most people it doesn't work which is why from the EARLY 60s onwards the vast majority of experienced players were playing to ETF style rules instead .

BlackpoolRock
ISF 2018-19 Subscriber
ISF 2018-19 Subscriber

Post by BlackpoolRock » 05 Oct 2018, 12:28

Am I not entitled to play my game as I wish, without being persistently challenged?

Which era do you come from? You appear not to approve of my project, but you claim to have been playing forty-five years and your favourite goals, which you express a working knowledge of, have not been available as new since the early sixties.

I'm very surprised you know nothing about the organising rule, from back then. That was still around in the early seventies.

Brunshawroad66
Forum Newbie

Post by Brunshawroad66 » 05 Oct 2018, 13:18

"but as I say as long as you enjoy it thats the main thing crack on and keep flicking"

That was me earlier in the thread .. I'll leave it at that as I have said more than once crack on and keep flicking ..

Brunshawroad66
Forum Newbie

Post by Brunshawroad66 » 05 Oct 2018, 13:32

era born in 1959 which puts me older than RP and younger than PP

uptheclarets
Forum Newbie

Post by uptheclarets » 30 Nov 2018, 16:37

Leave me out of it Mike ..you've got to be told the rules every game we play :lol: ..

Old fossil

Return to “Playing: Rules/Techniques/Tactics Section”