New Teams purchased.

The place for threads about playing tactics/techniques/rules etc.
sammy2488

New Teams purchased.

Postby sammy2488 » 29 Aug 2012, 19:07

Hi guys,

I've recently had some new teams made up for me and painted Newcaslte's retro away purple and blue hooped top from 95-96 season and this years Dunfermline top. Advice from the forum how best do I go about getting success with the new sides the Dunf side have G2 raptor bases and the newcastle side super soccer flat base. I know the key is practising but any other help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Sambo =]

lionofludesch
Grand Master

Re: New Teams purchased.

Postby lionofludesch » 30 Aug 2012, 08:06

Plenty of polish, only go for straight lines.

Don't shoot too hard. You'll just smash your opponent's teeth.
FIFA World Cuptipping competition
Winner 2010 and, joint with Takis,2014

® :angry:

Donegal Subbuteo
Professional

Postby Donegal Subbuteo » 30 Aug 2012, 08:59

As little experience as I have with those bases, you get very good close control with them. The biggest percentage of subbuteo matches, old or new, is played in straight lines anyway. As for the polish, its up to you whether you want to use it or not. Its not nessasary. I'm going to get myself a few teams with those types of bases or similar. I saw at first hand how effective they can be when played to a very high standard at last weeks All-Ireland Subbuteo Championships in Belfast. Enjoy your new teams and bases.
http://www.donegalsubbuteo.webs.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; http://www.Facebook.com/donegalsubbuteo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; e-mail donegalsubbuteo@hotmail.com

sammyboy249
Apprentice

Postby sammyboy249 » 14 Oct 2016, 17:14

Still got my teams now gents and any female Subby players too. Also got some sides in the half moon shaped bases, and have learned how to swerve the players. mesmirising!

Return to “Playing: Rules/Techniques/Tactics Section”