Burnley Rules

The place for threads about playing tactics/techniques/rules etc.
ralphtheclaret
Grand Master

Burnley Rules

Post by ralphtheclaret » 26 Sep 2014, 17:23

Since the sub bible has been alluded to elsewhere :roll: just for interest here are our rules ...

advancedrules.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

with the following local rules

1. Sides must be lined up in a recognised football formation at kick-off and at goal kicks

2. Throw-ins must not travel beyond the adjacent quadrant or the centre of the pitch width ways or possesssion changes

3. A player may not AT ANY TIME play the ball directly from one shooting area to the other or possession changes

4. ALL fixtures to be played with an ORIGINAL two panel FF ball and ORIGINAL NN goals of either design on a baize playing surface produced by
Subbuteo .. acceptable figures would be any as produced by Subbuteo or Subbuteo/Waddington's Pre-Zombie .. however players are
encouraged to play with a side which includes a matching substitute figure... because if you do break one non-matching substitutes are not
permitted . Three panel FFs are not permitted unless they are ultra rare (in other words round :wink: )

5. Flicking/Kicking keepers are optional

6. All fixtures will be played as 15 minutes each way .. in domestic Cup football extra time will be played five minutes each way should the
scores be level at full time at the end of a REPLAY - note in domestic Cup football there is no restriction on the amount of replays in
the event of a drawn fixture.

For Euro competitions only away goals count double at the end of full time in the 2nd leg however if the scores remain level and the sides
cannot be seperated following a period of extra time penalty kicks will be taken as in association football rather than shots.

7. No quibbling :lol:

newgolddream

Re: Burnley Rules

Post by newgolddream » 26 Sep 2014, 21:30

Can't argue with those Ralph. ;)

I adopted the shooting area to shooting area rule in accordance with the Burnley rules, some time ago, I like it.

I do vary ball useage, between FF and 22 though, it suits the kids better.

Baize/cotton pitch all the way. Placed onto top of an Astro. My pitch of choice is a SuperFooty one though...I like the rounded edges.

I know your not looking for any sort of validation. Just chipping in ;)

Btw, yes I've seen the 3rd kit. Not impressed tbh...in fact I think all black and grey (sorry silver. :roll: ) shirts are horrible and wrong and should be avoided.

Number9
Professional

Post by Number9 » 27 Sep 2014, 05:51

Very good :clap:

'Arrod rules are somewhat different and include:

Game to be interrupted at the request of either player for making of brew

Absolutely no attempt to be made to dress in a way that makes you look remotely like a playing figure

Tweed jackets are permitted

Maximum wager of a bob per game (sixpence for under 21;s and thruppence for kids)

The game period is defined by the ability of the host to set the timer

:lol:
http://www.pendlefalcon.com

The Traditional Subbuteo Society

We bring our preparation to the table, and opportunity may present itself, and if you are well prepared, you can seize opportunity and then maybe something good happens, and you call that luck.

Michael Mann

ralphtheclaret
Grand Master

Post by ralphtheclaret » 27 Sep 2014, 06:45

Absolutely - brewing up time and disruption to Saturday afternoon fixtures caused by goal action on Radio Lancashire can be a significant factor ...

ralphtheclaret
Grand Master

Post by ralphtheclaret » 19 Jun 2015, 06:42

"The game period is defined by the ability of the host to set the timer"

a game that will go down in Pendle legend .. the afternoon that saw Accrington Stanley 1962 wear Scunthorpe out .. almost literally :lol:

Number9
Professional

Post by Number9 » 19 Jun 2015, 09:33

Oooops! :lol:

We bring our preparation to the table, and opportunity may present itself, and if you are well prepared, you can seize opportunity and then maybe something good happens, and you call that luck.

Michael Mann

lloydie1109
ISF 2018-19 Subscriber
ISF 2018-19 Subscriber

Post by lloydie1109 » 19 Jun 2015, 15:04

You need to add that when Pendlefalcon plays, not to use the goals like a keeper and move them so the ball hits the post instead of going in :lol:

Number9
Professional

Post by Number9 » 19 Jun 2015, 17:08

Nah, Stoke just happens to be in a major earthquake zone, imagine making a shot when a 3.4 magnitude tremor happens to hit - what bad luck :lol:

Michael Mann

lloydie1109
ISF 2018-19 Subscriber
ISF 2018-19 Subscriber

Post by lloydie1109 » 19 Jun 2015, 17:09

I believe you Steve!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lloydie1109
ISF 2018-19 Subscriber
ISF 2018-19 Subscriber

Post by lloydie1109 » 19 Jun 2015, 17:10

It was fun playing that match

Number9
Professional

Post by Number9 » 19 Jun 2015, 17:28

Aye, my philosophy is there's no point if it isn't fun ;-)

Michael Mann

jenksy
Forum Newbie

Post by jenksy » 14 Aug 2015, 16:20

Number9 wrote:Very good :clap:

'Arrod rules are somewhat different and include:

Game to be interrupted at the request of either player for making of brew

Absolutely no attempt to be made to dress in a way that makes you look remotely like a playing figure

Tweed jackets are permitted

Maximum wager of a bob per game (sixpence for under 21;s and thruppence for kids)

The game period is defined by the ability of the host to set the timer

:lol:
Now in my house Mrs Jenksy waits until half time to make my tea! She hears the timer beep and on goes the kettle! I then give her a summary of the first half, with a good amount of "obviouslys" and "you knows" thrown in (the latter were very much a Mike Channon at Southampton thing). But I like the Tweed Jacket thing "no you don't" says Mrs Jenksy! Oo er better watch out there! As for betting, as long as the players aren't at it (the ones on the pitch that is) then why not! My timer is often referred to as "oh b.....ksing thing"! Haha have fun that's what its all about!

Return to “Playing: Rules/Techniques/Tactics Section”