"Old Subbuteo"

The place for threads about playing tactics/techniques/rules etc.
mikeburns
Forum Newbie

"Old Subbuteo"

Postby mikeburns » 09 Jan 2017, 08:36

hi folks...

To what rules are "Old Subbuteo " events played to??

spudski
Grand Master

Re: "Old Subbuteo"

Postby spudski » 09 Jan 2017, 09:21

lloydie1109
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber

Postby lloydie1109 » 09 Jan 2017, 09:47

hi folks...

To what rules are "Old Subbuteo " events played to??
Awaiting dates for Stoke and Harrow events

mikeburns
Forum Newbie

Postby mikeburns » 09 Jan 2017, 13:57

Do many people follow these rules in the UK?

ralphtheclaret
Grand Master

Postby ralphtheclaret » 09 Jan 2017, 13:59

Yes as they are basically the advanced rules with one or two extra bits of explanation here and there.

mikeburns
Forum Newbie

Postby mikeburns » 09 Jan 2017, 14:22

Yes as they are basically the advanced rules with one or two extra bits of explanation here and there.

Cool, cheers!

Just trying to gauge whether or not it would be worth organising an Old Subbuteo event and if there would be any interest.

lloydie1109
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber

Postby lloydie1109 » 09 Jan 2017, 14:44

Cool, cheers!

Just trying to gauge whether or not it would be worth organising an Old Subbuteo event and if there would be any interest.
great idea Mike any help needed just shout

ralphtheclaret
Grand Master

Postby ralphtheclaret » 09 Jan 2017, 16:17

Cool, cheers!

Depends when and where of course ... are you based over in Craven somewhere Mike - Steeton/Silsden ? or did I dream that ? might have mis-read it :roll:

mikeburns
Forum Newbie

Postby mikeburns » 09 Jan 2017, 18:10

Cool, cheers!

Depends when and where of course ... are you based over in Craven somewhere Mike - Steeton/Silsden ? or did I dream that ? might have mis-read it :roll:
Ha, I do live there, Steeton! If you did dream it, then next time you dream about the Euro Millions give me a shout!!! :-D

One more question, are all Old Subbuteo events played on the cotton pitches or would you play one on a Subbuteo Astropitch or similar?? (Not an EW pitch)

ralphtheclaret
Grand Master

Postby ralphtheclaret » 09 Jan 2017, 18:27

We play on a mixture of surfaces Mike but most would probably prefer baize ... I think I read on FB that you were over there stuck in my mind as I used to work in Skipton and I've spent a fair amount of time over that way nice area ...

ralphtheclaret
Grand Master

Postby ralphtheclaret » 11 Jan 2017, 16:38

should have added that if you want to do it properly you need to provide x number of teams painted up to whatever theme you fancy ... free food .. a bar and you also need to attract a good number of Italian players over too ...

oh and the teams must meet the criteria as laid down in the OS rules :wink:

mikeburns
Forum Newbie

Postby mikeburns » 11 Jan 2017, 22:04

Cheers for the input everyone, especially Paul and Ralph!

I think it's a bit much for me to sort out right now. I wanted to run an OS or at the very least a more traditional subbuteo tournament at the same time in the same venue as a FISTF event I'm helping organise in Yorkshire next month.

I'd still be more than willing to sort out a more traditional type rules event but it would need to be played on the equipment we have available, simply not enough time to put everything else together!

If there is an appetite for an Advanced Rules tournament or whatever then I'll run it. Not everyone is wanting to be involved in FISTF game but my main interest us just getting flickers in a room, regardless of their "persuasion"

Just so you know, I'm not even allowed to play in this fistf event due to having no "license"! I just want to organise an event for as many people as possible!

ralphtheclaret
Grand Master

Postby ralphtheclaret » 12 Jan 2017, 07:23

I honestly don't think you will get very far trying to run an OS event alongside a FISTF rules tournament. The lads who supply teams will tell you that the vast majority of OS style players have little interest in playing outside their local area and only a tiny percentage even use this forum.

Donegal Subbuteo
Professional

Postby Donegal Subbuteo » 12 Jan 2017, 09:34

A licence? Holy Moses.
http://www.donegalsubbuteo.webs.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; http://www.Facebook.com/donegalsubbuteo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; e-mail donegalsubbuteo@hotmail.com

ralphtheclaret
Grand Master

Postby ralphtheclaret » 12 Jan 2017, 10:13

A licence? Holy Moses.
I know which kind of tells a lot of us all we need to know about FISTF world doesn't it ? I think the long held view espoused by SOME (not all ) of the FISTF lads that we will all suddenly switch allegiance is so far wide of the mark to be almost laughable .... each to their own lads eh but you don't see Cas inviting Sale to play a game alongside them on the basis that they will suddenly switch codes ?

The answer to getting increasing numbers doesn't rely upon trying to attract them from other codes ...

Return to “Playing: Rules/Techniques/Tactics Section”