need some help!!

The place for threads about playing tactics/techniques/rules etc.
drsonic
ISF 2018-19 Subscriber
ISF 2018-19 Subscriber

Re: need some help!!

Postby drsonic » 11 Mar 2018, 11:08

I think, that mr Lloyd sums up my feelings on the Fistf vs Old Subbuteo argument.

Playing is a relaxation for me and not something I want to do to create more stress. I play either solo or against a local friend and we play a friendly Sunday afternoon game where mistakes are laughed about and "second goes" can be had for the occasional goal kick where the player completely missed the ball.

The tournaments in Stoke are generally played this way which is why it's the only tournament I attend. People arguing about potential minor rule infringements from a set of rules not everybody follows I can do with out.

Again, each to their own but having fun and trying to improve is the name of my game...

Nick
Searching for LPM Black Box teams: Morocco, Senegal, Botswana and Lesotho.

ralphtheclaret
Grand Master

Postby ralphtheclaret » 11 Mar 2018, 15:18

I wouldn't describe it as arguing ..nothing was said at the time not many of us take it seriously enough to spoil someone's afternoon ? and as for this thread nobody is exchanging heated words ... the chap causing ructions last year was whinging about the way the fixtures were done and as far as I am aware does not post on this forum.

ralphtheclaret
Grand Master

Postby ralphtheclaret » 12 Mar 2018, 12:01

The first issue of the Zeugo's were HW style and the best of the ones they have produced, nowadays its the £1 coin style bases, which are not great
Yes in the fancy boxes ... I first saw them in Italy years ago. They've started providing traditional bases again on some teams to be fair .. I think our friend in Shipley has some for sale ?

lloydie1109
ISF 2018-19 Subscriber
ISF 2018-19 Subscriber

Postby lloydie1109 » 12 Mar 2018, 13:07

In Italy the reissued HW style based teams have started to sell very well for them. Like all Companies they are going to go where the money is as opposed to Tradition.
Luckily Companies like Top Spin and Santiago continue to provide Traditional style Subbuteo equipment, the Top Spin baize pitch is superb ralph

ralphtheclaret
Grand Master

Postby ralphtheclaret » 12 Mar 2018, 13:41

Sounds good to be honest I've got enough decent baize pitches to see me off ;) I think we've got 7 between us !!

spudski
Grand Master

Postby spudski » 12 Mar 2018, 13:41

I concur with that Lloydie...fantastic product.

Return to “Playing: Rules/Techniques/Tactics Section”