Top Players Bases Polishment

The place for threads about playing tactics/techniques/rules etc.

Top Players Bases Polishment

Post by Guest » 04 Jan 2005, 11:19

Hi,

I know that top players use something shoe grease to polish bases. I don't have any sure if it is a shoe grease or a suede/leather grease. Only I know that grease as a marron colour and his maded with bee wax.

Nobody that use it tell what is it, where we can find it, etc.

I'm looking for that material, but i don't know what is it.

Regards.

(sorry my english again, if you don't understand it... :badgrin:)

Post by Guest » 05 Jan 2005, 17:24

Hard to say exactly what it is, because there's lots of 'variations'.

The best ones were (are?) made by the German Rudi Knuf for Profibase, although I've not seen any of those for ages. Others have been produced, though, using various 'things'.

If you get a Vileda (spelling? .. it's a brand name anyway) cloth and put some *good* polish at one end then you get something very similar to the ones sold by Astrobase for ?many.

Good polish ... Swiss T or Supersonic are the best IMO, but probably a bit expensive if you just want to make 1 or 2 cloths. Try mixing wood polish (75%) and glass cleaner (25%) together. If you like you can make it a nice colour by using boot polish, but it makes no difference to the cloth ...

But most household cleaners work quite well. If you experiment a bit then you'll probably get something good. If you add air freshner it doesn't smell quite as bad :lol:

For?a Academica! ;)

Post by Guest » 05 Jan 2005, 19:48

Thanks Algy,

In Portugal we can buy a 1 litre bootle of Swiss T/Supersonic by 3 euros (+- 2 pounds) in any supermarket :!:

But that is not what i want. I'm looking for something better, like the german you tell.

I will try to make some experiences with your advices. Sorry but i lost something in translations, you tell wood polish and glass cleaner?!? :shock:

Regards.

Go Hibs!

Post by Guest » 06 Jan 2005, 09:48

I'm not sure what the German guy uses ... I'll send you a PM about it though ;)

Return to “Playing: Rules/Techniques/Tactics Section”