Soccer 3D astropitch

The place for threads about playing tactics/techniques/rules etc.
phil birmingham

Soccer 3D astropitch

Post by phil birmingham » 23 May 2006, 15:05

We are considering buying a couple of the new Soccer 3D astropitches from Subbuteoworldin time for our new season in August.
The blurb reckons they are as good as the originals, does anyone have any knowledge about them.

paulo souza
Semi-Pro

Post by paulo souza » 23 May 2006, 17:38

Hi there, apparenetly the new 3d pitches are made by the same people that made the original subbuteo astro pitches.

personally i prefer flickmaster pitches. good luck, paul

shaun

Post by shaun » 23 May 2006, 21:36

We have one and they are excellent - almost identical to the original

Vikash
Grand Master

Post by Vikash » 24 May 2006, 04:40

Yeah, Phil, as Shaun says. Frankly can't see a difference between the two except for the brand names on the respective pitches.

And, I must agree with Paul re the Flickmasters. They are also my preferred choice.

Cheers!

Vik.
How about them transparent dangling carrots
How about that ever elusive kudo

phil birmingham

Post by phil birmingham » 24 May 2006, 10:52

thanks for the help

demunb

Post by demunb » 24 May 2006, 21:39

I've never played on one of the flickmasters. Would you guys care to share some thoughts on why you like them better than the Astro's or the Prima's? I'm thinking about ordering one of their 5 a sides just to see how it plays. any insight would be appreciated.

paulo souza
Semi-Pro

Post by paulo souza » 25 May 2006, 09:20

Hi brad,

the reason why i prefer the flickmaster pitch is that it's exactly like a snooker table cloth and so it is very smooth and your players slide even towards the end of a game, whereas on an astro pitch it seems to take the polish off the bases therefore making them stick more and slide less.

i'm no pro, but i feel that the flickmaster pitches eliminate a lot of mistakes for me when trying to keep posession of the ball with longer flicks, and if you've played against anyone who's any good then you'll know as soon as you lose the ball it could be all over.

Also the quality of the flickmaster pitch, i think is much better than the astro.

hope this helps, Paul

Return to “Playing: Rules/Techniques/Tactics Section”