Chipping over blocking figure

The place for threads about playing tactics/techniques/rules etc.

Chipping over blocking figure

Post by Guest » 15 Aug 2006, 11:29

Can anybody please explain to me how does one chip the ball over a blocking figure? I am using Zeugo figures on Zeugo bases but just cannot get this right ! Are those chip shots seen in videos all a fallacy?

Cheadle Athletic

Post by Cheadle Athletic » 16 Aug 2006, 16:08

It's kind of a knack - when you can do it you can do it every time but it's hard to explain the how. You need the base to dip so it hits the ball below the centre so you need to tip it forward, but the base still needs to be moving at speed so it has the power to lift the ball and put in a decent shot. The trick of course is to achieve this while keeping the player moving forward in a straight line! I tend to stand my flicking finger up with slight bend in the joints but a lot of downward pressure on the table and really whip it through - works for me but others use different methods. In the end it takes a lot of practice.

Re: Chipping over blocking figure

Post by Guest » 20 Aug 2006, 12:30

Kev wrote:Can anybody please explain to me how does one chip the ball over a blocking figure? I am using Zeugo figures on Zeugo bases but just cannot get this right ! Are those chip shots seen in videos all a fallacy?
I play with a Zeugo team but they have profi bases (apparently) and chip the ball really well. (A bit to well). Came back out of retirement 2 months ago after stopping playing 10 years ago. Always used the old H/W's so it wasn't that hard a transition. Chipping the ball is down to the position of the base when it hits the ball and probably how fast you hit it, the type of pitch and ball as well come to think of it. If your really wanting to chip the ball consistently put something between the ball and goal such as an old double cassette holder and practice.

axxis26700
Forum Newbie

chipping

Post by axxis26700 » 20 Aug 2006, 18:23

using the very heavy older design raptor bases from the corda company it is possible and rather easy to chip the ball over the cross bar from the penalty spot and even 2 cm closer.

I think it erally depends on the height and weight of the base. the base has really to dig under the ball so a smaller profile is better for chipping...

Not very good for control though.
NEVER ENDING STORY!!!

futoomph

Post by futoomph » 21 Aug 2006, 12:43

Most modern bases chip the ball very easily.

Old heavyweights and lightweights will do it, but it's harder to master. If you flick it using the thumb as a spring (illegal) you will see how easy it is to do. Then try to copy the position and angle of the finger and strength of shot without using the thumb.

Post by Guest » 27 Sep 2006, 19:53

Follow through is the key to a chip with a relatively short player-to-ball distance. This shot is genuine:

Although it took me 10 takes, and I am happy if I score 1 like that in a game!

york65

Post by york65 » 27 Sep 2006, 20:41

Can we see that again in slow motion 8)

Post by Guest » 28 Sep 2006, 19:35

Didn't say the timing of the frames was genuine ;o) But it is generated from a real video with no 'doctoring' of each frame's content.

Return to “Playing: Rules/Techniques/Tactics Section”