Some basic questions...

The place for threads about playing tactics/techniques/rules etc.

Some basic questions...

Post by Guest » 27 Dec 2006, 09:34

Hallo, I bought a new Subbuteo set for Christmas, after 15 years of inactivity.

Can someone answer the following quite simple questions... :

1. Are there any position flicks to be made after KICK OFF? We used to do 3 each, but can't find anything about this.

2. Does possession remain to the attacker after a save from defending goalkeeper?

3. What happens when a player gets out of the field? And behind the goal line? (for the off side rule...)

4. How many position flicks can be done in case of a kick in by the keeper?

5. Are position flicks always done first by the attacker, then by the defender?

6. Is it always 'back' in case of incorrect block flicking? Is it sometimes 'free kick'?

7. Do players consequently have to be put outside the keeper area? Before each flick?

8. Can a defender make a 'wall' in case of a direct free kick? Can he still do his normal 2 position flicks?

....... the rules stated in the playing set are too simplified... :O

lionofludesch
ISF Subscriber 2019-2020
ISF Subscriber 2019-2020

Post by lionofludesch » 27 Dec 2006, 09:49

1. No

2. No, goalkeeper gains possession if the ball stays in the field of play and touches nothing else.

3. Replaced on the touch or goal line, level with where it ends up. If it leaves the table altogether, next to where it crossed the fence (Advanced Rules) or on half way line (FISTF rules).

4. A goal kick, you mean ? Unlimited placings.

5. At a throw, free kick or corner ? The defender has the right to take his last and he usually exercises that right - but he doesn't have to.

6. Really complicated and depends on whether you're playing Advanced or FISTF rules. If you're just playing between a small circle of friends, I'd just go for having "back" for everything.

7. Yes, take figures out of the goal area (six yard box). They just get in the way.

8. No. Two flicks (Advanced) one flick (FISTF).

What sort of set did you get ? Dream Team Stadium ?
FIFA World Cuptipping competition
Winner 2010,, joint with Takis2014 and 2018

® :angry:

Post by Guest » 27 Dec 2006, 12:24

Thanks, it's clearer now.

Yes, it was the only available set. The field and goals are really OK, the figures are quite odd but the bases look alright.

Another question : when a figure 'lays down' on the pitch I suppose it has to 'stand up' immediately... but where? Is it allowed to put it where the head of the figure lays?

(those questions are quite complicated to explain in a foreign language...)

mahler005

Post by mahler005 » 27 Dec 2006, 19:49

poller1 wrote:Thanks, it's clearer now.

Another question : when a figure 'lays down' on the pitch I suppose it has to 'stand up' immediately... but where? Is it allowed to put it where the head of the figure lays?
I think you just stand it up on the position where the base is.

As kids we always played a "house rule" that if the ball touched a lying down figure that was hand ball and a free kick to the other team

I was convinced this was a real rule until when I got back into it after a 25 year gap, read through the rules and couldn't find any reference to it.

Actually, I doubt I ever read the rule book at all when I was a kid - I think me and my brother just started playing and that was it.

Steve

lionofludesch
ISF Subscriber 2019-2020
ISF Subscriber 2019-2020

Post by lionofludesch » 27 Dec 2006, 22:13

poller1 wrote:Thanks, it's clearer now.

Yes, it was the only available set. The field and goals are really OK, the figures are quite odd but the bases look alright.

(those questions are quite complicated to explain in a foreign language...)
Just touch the base lightly and it should stand up.

The photo real players are too top heavy and difficult to play with. Surf a few suppliers and find something you like.
FIFA World Cuptipping competition
Winner 2010,, joint with Takis2014 and 2018

® :angry:

Post by Guest » 06 Jan 2007, 20:22

Some new bases I would recommend for a beginner or someone getting back into, are:
- Zeugo's 2006 bases (supplied with painted teams - look like the 1970s subbuteo figures);and
-'Spitfire' bases (made/supplied by 'That's Magnificent', can buy them with unpainted figures)

both types are relatively cheap, availabel on internet/ebay

Return to “Playing: Rules/Techniques/Tactics Section”