Bad bases with Zeugo

The place for threads about restoration of equipment.
Seeler50

Bad bases with Zeugo

Post by Seeler50 » 12 Jul 2012, 13:36

Hi everybody,

I am Tom from Germany. I used to play subbuteo more than 30 ago passionately, and now at the age of 50 I rediscovered it. I built a new field and bought new teams. I can play best with the zeugo teams, but I found out that in nearly every team there is at least one
player with a bad base, that is, the metal disk in the base is not fixed or not well-fixed. It makes an ugly sound and I would say it influences how the player slides.

Does anybody know this problem and what can I do for it?

thank you for your help,
Tom

lionofludesch
ISF Subscriber 2019-2020
ISF Subscriber 2019-2020

Re: Bad bases with Zeugo

Post by lionofludesch » 12 Jul 2012, 14:15

Only take them apart and refix them, Tom.

Warm water to soften the glue - ease the disc out with a small flatbladed screwdriver.

Be patient.
FIFA World Cuptipping competition
Winner 2010,, joint with Takis2014 and 2018

® :angry:

Foghorn Leghorn

Post by Foghorn Leghorn » 12 Jul 2012, 15:09

Welcome to the Forum Tom and welcome back to Subbuteo ! Many of us here are just like you and came back in the last few years. Im 52 myself. There are also a few other German members too. Perhaps all you Germans should pm each other to arrange games etc. Paul.

Seeler50

Post by Seeler50 » 12 Jul 2012, 18:31

Hi Paul,

thank you for your kind welcome! Well, that would be nice to find someone here from Germany, not too far away from my home (which is in Weimar, in the middle of Germany).

Hi Lionofludesch,

thank you so much for your advice! It sounds very good and I will try it the next days. I will report about the results ;-)

best wishes to you all,

Tom

Foghorn Leghorn

Post by Foghorn Leghorn » 12 Jul 2012, 19:30

No problem Tom. Or should we call you Uwe ? With a member name like that... :lol:

Seeler50

Post by Seeler50 » 13 Jul 2012, 04:04

Yeah, Uwe Seeler was a great sportsman, an idol. During the WC in Southafrica we learned the fans use Vuvuzelas to make noise, but many germans understood "Uwe Seeler" when they heard "Vuvuzela" for the first time :lol:

I am curious to search through this website.

best wishes,
Tom

ralphtheclaret

Post by ralphtheclaret » 13 Jul 2012, 06:57

In the 1970's we had a star player at Burnley called Peter Noble..his nickname Uwe ! whenever he took a penalty everyone would chant..Uwe..Uwe..he never missed !..Seeler played against us for Hamburg he appeared on our club video recently to talk about his memories of the games..

Foghorn Leghorn

Post by Foghorn Leghorn » 13 Jul 2012, 08:03

Seeler50 wrote:Yeah, Uwe Seeler was a great sportsman, an idol. During the WC in Southafrica we learned the fans use Vuvuzelas to make noise, but many germans understood "Uwe Seeler" when they heard "Vuvuzela" for the first time :lol:

I am curious to search through this website.

best wishes,

Tom
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Funny one Tom.

Seeler50

Post by Seeler50 » 13 Jul 2012, 11:39

Hi Ralph,

Players like Uwe Seeler have always identified themselves with their clubs or nation. Uwe Seeler was always Hamburger SV, Wolfgang Overath was 1.FC Köln, Franz Beckenbauer was Bayern München. And still today they play leading roles in their clubs. I don't know why, maybe today is the call of money too strong, but for the fans it was easier to identify with the players. This is at least my opinion :wink:

Seeler50

Post by Seeler50 » 14 Jul 2012, 06:17

lionofludesch wrote:Only take them apart and refix them, Tom.

Warm water to soften the glue - ease the disc out with a small flatbladed screwdriver.

Be patient.
I cannot open the base but after the warm bath I can pull the figure out of the base, then put some glue in it and plug the player back. It seem to help :D . Thank you!

Seeler50

Post by Seeler50 » 19 Sep 2012, 11:23

Some weeks later I have now some experiences with several bases: sureshot, iBase storm, flickmaster, profibase, extreme works. I like them all, maybe the EW are really the best. But beside the problem that I described on top of this page (lionofludeschs advice was very helpful), the zeugo bases are IMO very excellent, especially for non-profi-bases.

Tom

Return to “Restoration”