All Ireland Championships 2014 - 29th Nov (Bangor)

The place for announcments about clubs/tournaments/meetings/finding new players etc.
Donegal Subbuteo
Professional

Re: All Ireland Championships 2014 - 29th Nov (Bangor)

Postby Donegal Subbuteo » 12 Dec 2014, 23:44

100% there Ralph. I've been emailing, texting, Facebook ing Strabane for the past year and No good. I wouldn't mind but they have some good equipment. It's very hard to believe that you couldn't get 6-8 lads to meet up once a month.
http://www.donegalsubbuteo.webs.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; http://www.Facebook.com/donegalsubbuteo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; e-mail donegalsubbuteo@hotmail.com

Long Shot
Seasoned Professional

Postby Long Shot » 13 Dec 2014, 16:01

Ralph would tell ye ( from experience ) that its harder than ye think. @ Ralph, the Strabane thing was out of my control but yer right on the Tournament. However I DID try believe it or not. I went to the local funders and they said great, we love it, but the budgets all gone. :(
" And surely now........."

ralphtheclaret
Grand Master

Postby ralphtheclaret » 13 Dec 2014, 18:17

I know mate .. I understand why but what I am trying to say is forget the big ideas and get the four or five or whoever you can rely on to give the thing a go ? .. that's my advice for what it's worth ... why not try another WASPA event ? I'd come over ...

Donegal Subbuteo
Professional

Postby Donegal Subbuteo » 13 Dec 2014, 21:41

I would definitely be on for organizing a WASPA event sometime in February. I know 4 of us would play and I'm sure Paul in Derry would too. I really need to talk to the Strabane lads. I would also e-mail the 6 or 7 Irish circuit lads. It would be great to have you over Ralph. Maybe mid term would suit most people. I think 8-10 players is possible. It could be the All Ireland subbuteo championships. Played on a Saturday with a few beers after the tournament ends. A mate of mine writes for the local paper so maybe I could get him to do a piece on it.
http://www.donegalsubbuteo.webs.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; http://www.Facebook.com/donegalsubbuteo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; e-mail donegalsubbuteo@hotmail.com

Long Shot
Seasoned Professional

Postby Long Shot » 15 Dec 2014, 13:15

Totally agree with this plan men. Do a WASPA in Letterkenny or Derry. Count me totally in either way. If Ralph came over we could gaurantee me, Brendan, Ralph, the L'kenny lads and I could bring at least 4 from Derry ( including me bro the politician ) and thats without counting in Styrabane or others from Hellfast or Dublinski. And make it the All Ireland Subby Championship as well.

And I can GUARANTEE media coverage in the papers in the North West, I know all the eejits. Trained at least 3 of them in me time. Including the present editor of the Derry Journal. Piece of pish men.
" And surely now........."

George Best jr.
Professional

Postby George Best jr. » 15 Dec 2014, 20:56

WASPA is very close to FISTF and considers itself as the Second League of them. So there is no reason and no need for a free and independent Classic Subbuteo movement to play under WASPA flags.
Let´s keep us free and independent, gents!

ralphtheclaret
Grand Master

Postby ralphtheclaret » 15 Dec 2014, 21:00

that's as maybe .. but they enjoyed it last time....and let's be fair there is no US... US doesn't really work.

George Best jr.
Professional

Postby George Best jr. » 15 Dec 2014, 21:22

The same people prefering Old Style Subbuteo and critizising FISTF and modern gliding play want to play under the flag of WASPA - sorry, thats a bad joke - and has nothing to do with "us".

ralphtheclaret
Grand Master

Postby ralphtheclaret » 15 Dec 2014, 21:40

It would be their choice they enjoyed it last time ... to be fair if you looked at the WASPA page you would also see an ETF rule set ... either way it's up to the lads over in Ireland and nothing to do with you or me ...

... I know what you mean regarding the relationship between WASPA and FISTF but Vincent does advertise and report on ETF/TSPA style events ... the option is there and gets fair coverage.

better WASPA than "secret" events IMHO.

George Best jr.
Professional

Postby George Best jr. » 15 Dec 2014, 22:02

Thats your British problem, Ralfie, to have difficulties to say "us". Cos you are not very open to compromise - is quite normal that five Subbuteonions speaking about the game differ in some points - but this should not be a reason to say "we" or "us" - the Italians don´t have this problem - they play and play and are able to install a Subbuteo playing system which works!- in contrast to the British people who talk and talk, about the collection, about the different base types ... about "true" Subbuteo, but they don´t play. Thats the reality. The tournament scene in UK is very poor.
A sad story for the motherland of Subbuteo.

WE don´t need WASPA as the extended arm of FISTF!

ralphtheclaret
Grand Master

Postby ralphtheclaret » 15 Dec 2014, 22:13

not really Achim .... we are largely happy in these islands ..... free to talk and talk as much as we like .... I think you may have an inferiority complex based upon your nations baffling failure to beat England when it counts most ?

why does the UK scene bother you ? we are all happy playing locally .

wrkl
Apprentice

Postby wrkl » 15 Dec 2014, 23:24

Thats the reality. The tournament scene in UK is very poor.

As opposed to Germany, I suppose, which is a hotbed of Old Subbuteo. Are you the only player :?:

wrkl
Apprentice

Postby wrkl » 15 Dec 2014, 23:27

100% there Ralph. I've been emailing, texting, Facebook ing Strabane for the past year and No good. I wouldn't mind but they have some good equipment. It's very hard to believe that you couldn't get 6-8 lads to meet up once a month.
They put on a double header a few years ago. Top venue in Belfast on the Saturday and then the Q Bar in Dublin on the Sunday. 50 odd players both days. Legend

ralphtheclaret
Grand Master

Postby ralphtheclaret » 16 Dec 2014, 12:35

no answer as to why Vincent is happy to advertise old style rules and events then Achim ? admit it you hadn't looked properly had you ? .... tut.tut.

George Best jr.
Professional

Postby George Best jr. » 16 Dec 2014, 23:23

Thats the reality. The tournament scene in UK is very poor.

As opposed to Germany, I suppose, which is a hotbed of Old Subbuteo. Are you the only player :?:
Critizising the Old Subbuteo scene in UK does not mean to sing Hallelujah of the German Sub Scene - the situation in Germany is very poor, gentlemen, but my aim is to change this (a bit)!

The playing situation in UK as motherland of Subbuteo! is absolutely disappointing, thats fact. See the Italian homepage and the creativity of the Italian tournaments, so many clubs who are focussed in playing - and not just in collecting and talking again and again about such interesting things as Ref. 133 in another shirt/base combo.

A lot of Subbutonians here live completely in the past - completely.

And I see the clear tendence to be very uninterested in Sub developments of other European countries, very islay self-referred, very isolationist - the same tendence as in politics where a majority of English people wants to leave the EU.

Of course you can do whatever you want - but you should keep in mind the result of English isolationism in football.

If I speak of "us" then it means the whole free and independent Old Subbuteo community in Europe - you have the tendence to isolate yourself, 5 people, 5 opinions, no "we-feeling".

Its time to push our beloved classic game and OUR movement - and to think as WE.

Return to “Club/Tournament/Player Announcements”