Harrow tournament the 3rd and 4th of September

The place for announcments about clubs/tournaments/meetings/finding new players etc.
Snake70
Forum Newbie

Harrow tournament the 3rd and 4th of September

Postby Snake70 » 16 Jan 2016, 23:38

Hi Folks, the date is down, 3rd/4th September 2016, the venue is booked, the Tithe Sport and Social Club in Rayners Lane (not too far from Wembley), the format is nearly sorted, Saturday, themed after the FA Cup of '52 either Santiago or Top Spin (I will sort this out ASAP), Sunday, any base you like, don't be clever :lol: , Subbuteo no FISTF bases :roll: , prices £10 for one day, £17 for both days, The Saturday tournament will be named "Garry Wright Trophy" (hence why the '52 FA Cup, the year he was born), I guess most of you knew dear old Gazza and needless to say part of the money collected will go to a charity of the Wright family choice, there will be a fair and therefore who ever is interested in selling is invited to get in touch with me, the venue is big enough to allocate the fair both days without having the rush of moving everything out to let the tournament kick off, so a full week end of selling, also the venue offers a licensed Bar, with satellite/cable tv, darts, pool tables, snooker tables, refreshment all at decent prices, no, no lap dancers sorry, you'll be entertained enough already :lol: .
What else? Oh yeah, tournaments to be played on Baizes, and on that count get in touch if you have some to sell and, in case we'll need them, Astropitches, also I'm not planning to limit the number of participants but 32 (both days) would mean a great experience, more would mean an amazing dream, draws will avoid, where possible clash at the groups stages between players from same club, also semifinals will be handle in a way that if we have two people from the same country (ie 2 Italians and 2 english) they will play each other in order to have two different nations represented in the finals. I'll communicate the chosen teams as soon as possible, from that moment you'll be able to reserve your favourite team by paying a non refundable deposit of £10 or otherwise you can wait to have one drawn just before the date of the tournament. I think I covered most of the plan, any queries you know where to find me don't you? :wink:
rudi.peters@hotmail.com, drop me a line for any questions.

You'll never flick alone
Rudi (Snake70)

mrchrisallen
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber

Re: Harrow tournament the 3rd and 4th of September

Postby mrchrisallen » 17 Jan 2016, 08:59

Rudi, I must have 40 or 50 pitches, so you're welcome to these free of charge. Just let me know how many you need and where to send them. I'm in Bracknell. Chris

ralphtheclaret
Grand Master

Postby ralphtheclaret » 17 Jan 2016, 09:14

so myself and Alex have already promised to enter ... and before anyone asks why we didnt enter the other one in Maidenhead it's simple enough Rudi has picked a weekend without Premier/Championship fixtures which does help somewhat

Snake70
Forum Newbie

Postby Snake70 » 17 Jan 2016, 21:34

Thanks Chris that's Great buddy, I'm not sure How many will I need yet but definitely your would be more than enough, aren't you joining the party?

Please, drop me a line at rudi.peters@hotmail.com when you have a chance so we can sort the delivery out :-)

Thanks for now :-)

Rudi
Last edited by Snake70 on 17 Jan 2016, 21:41, edited 1 time in total.

Snake70
Forum Newbie

Postby Snake70 » 17 Jan 2016, 21:36

Will be great to see your and Alex, Ralph :-)!!!

Snake70
Forum Newbie

Postby Snake70 » 17 Jan 2016, 21:54

In the saturday

Ralph Pomeroy
Alex Pomeroy
Gerald Brightwell
Kevin John Walker
Marco Ghogliotti
Few other italians

In the Sunday

The same ones

Sellers
???

Snake70
Forum Newbie

Postby Snake70 » 17 Jan 2016, 22:26

Rudi, I must have 40 or 50 pitches, so you're welcome to these free of charge. Just let me know how many you need and where to send them. I'm in Bracknell. Chris
Thanks Chris that's Great buddy, I'm not sure How many will I need yet but definitely your would be more than enough, aren't you joining the party?

Please, drop me a line at rudi.peters@hotmail.com when you have a chance so we can sort the delivery out :-)

Thanks for now :-)

Rudi

Snake70
Forum Newbie

Postby Snake70 » 18 Jan 2016, 11:51

In the saturday

Ralph Pomeroy
Alex Pomeroy
Gerald Brightwell
Kevin John Walker
Marco Ghogliotti
Alberto Gagliardi
Few other italians

In the Sunday

The same ones

Sellers
???

Snake70
Forum Newbie

Postby Snake70 » 18 Jan 2016, 14:00

Update!!!

In the saturday

Ralph Pomeroy
Alex Pomeroy
Gerald Brightwell
Kevin John Walker
Marco Ghogliotti
Alberto Gagliardi
Few other italians
Rui Fonseca
Rui Fonseca Jr.

In the Sunday

The same ones

Sellers
Mad About Games

Snake70
Forum Newbie

Postby Snake70 » 18 Jan 2016, 17:21

Update!!!

In the saturday

Ralph Pomeroy (Ralphie)
Alex Pomeroy (Pommy)
Gerald Brightwell
Kevin John Walker
Marco Ghigliotti
Alberto Gagliardi (United)
Roberto Piccoli (ROBUTEO)
Federico Milan (Follie)
Few other italians
Rui Fonseca
Rui Fonseca Jr.

In the Sunday

The same ones

Sellers
Mad About Games

Snake70
Forum Newbie

Postby Snake70 » 18 Jan 2016, 17:37

Hi Folks, the date is down, 3rd/4th September 2016, the venue is booked, the Tithe Sport and Social Club in Rayners Lane (not too far from Wembley), the format is nearly sorted, Saturday, themed after the FA Cup of '52 either Santiago or Top Spin (I will sort this out ASAP), Sunday, any base you like, don't be clever :lol: , Subbuteo no FISTF bases :roll: , prices £10 for one day, £17 for both days, The Saturday tournament will be named "Garry Wright Trophy" (hence why the '52 FA Cup, the year he was born), I guess most of you knew dear old Gazza and needless to say part of the money collected will go to a charity of the Wright family choice, there will be a fair and therefore who ever is interested in selling is invited to get in touch with me, the venue is big enough to allocate the fair both days without having the rush of moving everything out to let the tournament kick off, so a full week end of selling, also the venue offers a licensed Bar, with satellite/cable tv, darts, pool tables, snooker tables, refreshment all at decent prices, no, no lap dancers sorry, you'll be entertained enough already :lol: .
What else? Oh yeah, tournaments to be played on Baizes, and on that count get in touch if you have some to sell and, in case we'll need them, Astropitches, also I'm not planning to limit the number of participants but 32 (both days) would mean a great experience, more would mean an amazing dream, draws will avoid, where possible clash at the groups stages between players from same club, also semifinals will be handle in a way that if we have two people from the same country (ie 2 Italians and 2 english) they will play each other in order to have two different nations represented in the finals. I'll communicate the chosen teams as soon as possible, from that moment you'll be able to reserve your favourite team by paying a non refundable deposit of £10 or otherwise you can wait to have one drawn just before the date of the tournament. I think I covered most of the plan, any queries you know where to find me don't you? :wink:
rudi.peters@hotmail.com, drop me a line for any questions.

You'll never flick alone
Rudi (Snake70)
Quick note to say that the venue is,

The Tithe Farm and Social Club
151 Rayners Ln, Harrow, Middlesex HA2 0XH

and also, in case that has any importance, that referee will be used in each match

Snake70
Forum Newbie

Postby Snake70 » 20 Jan 2016, 09:06

Neil Doherty and Jonathan Lopez Real for both dates, Fabrizio Fedele for the Sunday only...for now :-)!!!

Snake70
Forum Newbie

Postby Snake70 » 22 Jan 2016, 10:15

Update!!!

In the saturday

Ralph Pomeroy (Ralphie)
Alex Pomeroy (Pommy)
Gerald Brightwell (Malts)
Kevin John Walker (Skywalker)
Marco Ghigliotti
Federico Milan (Follie)
Few other italians
Rui Fonseca
Rui Fonseca Jr.
Jonathan Lopez Real
Adam Douglas

In the Sunday

The same ones +
Fabrizio Fedele
Neil Doherty

Sellers
Mad About Games
http://mad-about-games.co.uk/

Yesterday's toys
http://www.yesterdaystoys.co.uk/

Snake70
Forum Newbie

Postby Snake70 » 22 Jan 2016, 13:49

Update!!!

In the saturday

Ralph Pomeroy (Ralphie)
Alex Pomeroy (Pommy)
Gerald Brightwell
Kevin John Walker
Marco Ghigliotti
Federico Milan (Follie)
Few other italians
Rui Fonseca
Rui Fonseca Jr.
Jonathan Lopez Real
Adam Douglas

In the Sunday

The same ones +
Fabrizio Fedele
Neil Doherty

Sellers
Mad About Games
http://www.subbuteo2012.co.uk

Yesterday's toys
http://www.yesterdaystoys.co.uk/

Snake70
Forum Newbie

Postby Snake70 » 23 Jan 2016, 13:18

These are the chosen teams, Top Spin bases, hand painted by Paul Lloyd, from the first round of the 52-53 FA Cup that will be used for the "Garry Wright Cup" the Saturday.

Chesterfield
Hartlepools Utd
Grimsby Town
Bath City
Norwich City
Colchester Utd
Brighton & Hove Albion
Hereford Utd
Gainsborough Trinity
Swindon Town
Mansfield Town
Ipswich Town
Tranmere Rovers
Gillingham
Finchley
Shrewsbury Town
Watford
Coventry City
Bradford City
Crystal Palace
Bradford Park Avenue
Scunthorpe Utd
Llanelli
Port Vale
Halifax Town
Newport County
Southport
Bishop Auckland
Walthamstow Avenue
Barrow
Millwall
Great Yarmouth Town

Remember, you can reserve your chosen team by paying a £5 deposit (not refundable in this case) by paypal (rudi.peters@hotmail.com), or otherwise you'll be randomly drawn one. Teams cost £10. You can also ask to swap a team with another of your choice as long as that team took part to the 52-53 FA Cup season.

Rudi

Return to “Club/Tournament/Player Announcements”