Flats Tournament - Lincoln

The place for announcments about clubs/tournaments/meetings/finding new players etc.
Jaypeedee
Professional

Flats Tournament - Lincoln

Postby Jaypeedee » 14 Apr 2016, 20:19

This message is just by way of testing the water .......

Back in 2012 Lincoln Flickers hosted a successful flats tournament in which eight players competed. Since then, we have tried on a number of occasions to arrange a follow up competition, but there simply hasn't been sufficient interest for it to go ahead. Never one to give up, I've decided to have another go at organising a flats comp (celluloid or card, subbuteo or Swiss), but before I do so I'd like to canvass people as to (a) whether or not they'd be interested in principle in taking part in such a competition, and (b) most importantly, when (day of the week and time of year) would suit them best. The winner would receive both a perpetual trophy (The B.A. Devaney Memorial Shield) as well as a cup to keep, and the entry fee would be no more than £2-£3. If numbers permitted, there'd also be a plate competition. Food would be available if the comp took place on either a Sat or Sun.
Pict4109.jpg
Pict4109.jpg (36.9 KiB) Viewed 354 times

Jaypeedee
Professional

Re: Flats Tournament - Lincoln

Postby Jaypeedee » 11 May 2016, 14:33

It seems there is some interest in this competition, with August and September the favoured months, and Sunday the preferred day. If you think you might want to play and have a strong preference for one month over the other please let me know by the end of May at which point the date will be set.

lionofludesch
ISF 2016-2017 Subscriber
ISF 2016-2017 Subscriber

Postby lionofludesch » 11 May 2016, 15:10

This message is just by way of testing the water .......

Back in 2012 Lincoln Flickers hosted a successful flats tournament in which eight players competed. Since then, we have tried on a number of occasions to arrange a follow up competition, but there simply hasn't been sufficient interest for it to go ahead. Never one to give up, I've decided to have another go at organising a flats comp (celluloid or card, subbuteo or Swiss), but before I do so I'd like to canvass people as to (a) whether or not they'd be interested in principle in taking part in such a competition, and (b) most importantly, when (day of the week and time of year) would suit them best. The winner would receive both a perpetual trophy (The B.A. Devaney Memorial Shield) as well as a cup to keep, and the entry fee would be no more than £2-£3. If numbers permitted, there'd also be a plate competition. Food would be available if the comp took place on either a Sat or Sun.

Pict4109.jpg
Not a bad selection of flats there, John. Which ones are you short of ? :?
FIFA World Cuptipping competition
Winner 2010 and, joint with Takis,2014

® :angry:

ralphtheclaret
Grand Master

Postby ralphtheclaret » 07 Aug 2016, 15:23

Any word on this John ? I'd come over ...

Return to “Club/Tournament/Player Announcements”