Sussex based players

The place for announcments about clubs/tournaments/meetings/finding new players etc.
Gullseye
Grand Master

Re: Sussex based players

Postby Gullseye » 02 Nov 2017, 10:08

Brilliant! Is that really MEANT to be him?
Yes it is, I did it some time ago and based it on a photo in your book. I think he was on a bird watching trip somewhere.

krama
Seasoned Professional

Postby krama » 02 Nov 2017, 12:58

Yes it is, I did it some time ago and based it on a photo in your book. I think he was on a bird watching trip somewhere.
Well that's fantastic Steve...I feel honoured that you've taken the time to do that. :awe:
May I save the your picture here for my own use??

Dave Croucher
Forum Newbie

Postby Dave Croucher » 02 Nov 2017, 15:01

Thanks to Steve (Gullseye) for a very enjoyable afternoon last Friday (27th Oct) . I do love your replica stadium of The Goldstone. As for playing on it I did find it very difficult with the stands etc. in place.

Going on from this here are the results from the games against myself and Mark on Tuesday (31 Oct).

Dave 1 Mark 0 ( Mark used Heavyweight Figures)
Dave 5 Mark 0
Dave 2 Mark 2
Dave 1 Mark 1
Dave 1 Mark 1
Dave 3 Mark 0
Dave 0 Mark 0 ( Both of us used Heavyweight Figures)

After the first game Mark used the more flat bottomed professional bases used by most FISTF players. I think he will agree that it brings about a completely different game.

krama
Seasoned Professional

Postby krama » 02 Nov 2017, 16:42

What an enjoyable afternoon it was Dave...despite the scores!!! I must get some those FISTF prof bases asap and really have a practice...those results will NOT happen again! :lol!: :G

Gullseye
Grand Master

Postby Gullseye » 03 Nov 2017, 08:23

Well that's fantastic Steve...I feel honoured that you've taken the time to do that. :awe:
May I save the your picture here for my own use??
Of course Mark.

Gullseye
Grand Master

Postby Gullseye » 03 Nov 2017, 09:46

What an enjoyable afternoon it was Dave...despite the scores!!! I must get some those FISTF prof bases asap and really have a practice...those results will NOT happen again! :lol!: :G
HERETIC !!! :lol:

krama
Seasoned Professional

Postby krama » 03 Nov 2017, 11:22

HERETIC !!! :lol:
Have to admit it does feel a bit like that tbh....I need to break out from being stuck in the late sixties/early seventies on HW's! :lol!:

Donegal Subbuteo
Professional

Postby Donegal Subbuteo » 04 Nov 2017, 21:42

Just after reading this post from the start. It really sums up the everlasting spirit and magic of Subbuteo. This story could be from the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, right through to today. Brilliant. :clap: :clap: :clap:
http://www.donegalsubbuteo.webs.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; http://www.Facebook.com/donegalsubbuteo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; e-mail donegalsubbuteo@hotmail.com

krama
Seasoned Professional

Postby krama » 05 Nov 2017, 00:00

Just after reading this post from the start. It really sums up the everlasting spirit and magic of Subbuteo. This story could be from the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, right through to today. Brilliant. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Spot on, totally agree! 8)

Return to “Club/Tournament/Player Announcements”