Lincoln Flickers Flats Championship

The place for announcments about clubs/tournaments/meetings/finding new players etc.
Jaypeedee
Professional

Lincoln Flickers Flats Championship

Postby Jaypeedee » 08 Mar 2018, 19:49

I'm still determined to arrange a second running of this competition, the BA Devaney Shield, named in honour of my late father, who was an enthusiast more than seven decades ago. Flats tournaments are so thin on the ground nowadays as to be almost non-existent, but I still think it's the best form of the game, and worth celebrating and perpetuating. I'm thinking of a Saturday some time in June/July of this year, venue The Morning Star pub, 11 Greetwell Gate, Lincoln LN2 4AW. Only original subbuteo card or celluloid teams or Swiss copies permitted, 25mm Swiss ball, English Table Soccer rules. If you think you might be interested please either respond to this post or PM me, if possible citing your preferred date(s) in June and/or July. The original running of this competition attracted eight entrants and saw Dave Collett emerge as victor. Entry fees will be as small as possible and there will be a free buffet lunch if there are enough entrants.

early-subbuteo.jpg
early-subbuteo.jpg (192.33 KiB) Viewed 650 times

Jaypeedee
Professional

Re: Lincoln Flickers Flats Championship

Postby Jaypeedee » 11 Mar 2018, 22:35

Three expressions of interest so far, with 9th or 16th June the favoured dates. Be great if we could get this off the ground as with the exception of John Turpin’s ongoing efforts and the Brum League this version of the game seems in dire danger of dying out, which imo would be little short of a tragedy.

Return to “Club/Tournament/Player Announcements”