ISF Postage + COURIER SERVICES (UK + World)

The place for Ebay related Subbuteo topics (excluding auction advertising).
Heavyweight021
Grand Master

Re: ISF Postage : Added security "Advice Of Delivery"

Postby Heavyweight021 » 23 Feb 2010, 09:03

Ian

I will try and grab a handful of these tickets (+ bags) from the Post Office next time I am around their way. I will send them onto you.
That would be super ... many thanks!
Image MARCHING ON TOGETHER!

spudski

Postby spudski » 23 Feb 2010, 09:10

Hi there

Yeah agree, the box should be ticked, BUT the signature and the official stamp, together with the senders address AND the recipients addresses are all present.
One thing that could be done by the sender is to actually write the Royal mail ISF tracking number on the ticket..this is something I didn't do..but I am sure it's within the rules.

Ian

I will try and grab a handful of these tickets (+ bags) from the Post Office next time I am around their way. I will send them onto you.

Just to confirm the above example went to Italy, and was returned very promptly.

Well that's a turn up for the books. I hope it continues in the future.

Thanks for binging this to everyone's attntion, i'm sure it will be appreciated, even by an old cynic like me :wink:

brian9999

Postby brian9999 » 23 Feb 2010, 09:23

Hey Spud

If it helps one person, it's all worth it.

I must admit, if I was to get hold of a lot more rare teams I would now DHL them...in a heartbeat.

spudski

Postby spudski » 23 Feb 2010, 10:08

Nice sentiments. I'm sure many will take your advise.
I suppose the 'test' will come, when someone declares non delivery.
Lets hope it never comes to that.

brian9999

Postby brian9999 » 23 Feb 2010, 10:18

Well that INR system could be tested by a few members on here I suppose.

I am sure a simple 99p "Buy It Now" type listing could be used. An Empty box could be sent to the buyer, who is aware of the (non) contents. It may be worth an experiment..a 99p refund would not hurt anybody I am sure. The "buyer" could create a new ebay ID just for this one transaction, no damage would be done to the buyers reputation etc etc. I bet paypal would still side with the buyers claim. Even if paypal sided with the seller I am not sure if they would be consistent with their rulings...this is Paypal's main problem.

If an italian buyer who has bought off myself, or even if they have not, wants to try this system out with me, I am open to try the experiment myself. Any volounteers ?
I would not want any negative feedback though, otherwise I would..well I best not say ;)
Last edited by brian9999 on 23 Feb 2010, 10:57, edited 2 times in total.

bryan2dzf
Apprentice

Postby bryan2dzf » 23 Feb 2010, 10:26

Hi,

I printed out the photos of the card and took it into the post office, the postmistress looked them up in her order book but found non that matched the codes. She has only been doing the job for a couple of years and she has never been told about this even in her training. I have asked her to investigate futher, so we will see what happens but it has worked for you. It will be interesting to see how many come back :wink:
Don't forget to check this out, http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/wendy1956 get cash back when buying online.

brian9999

Postby brian9999 » 23 Feb 2010, 10:29

Bryan

I have news on this card. BEFORE ISF/AIRSURE was offered by the Post Office these cards were used a lot.
ISF has killed off it's use. Very baffling considering ISF offers no proof of delivery whatsoever. This appears to be a cost saving excercise from the Post Office. More rejected claims, less money to pay out. :(

MODS/ADMIN :-

I know this is a bit cheeky BUT is there any way that this thread could be "pinned" on this forum. It would be a shame if this thread was lost.

bryan2dzf
Apprentice

Postby bryan2dzf » 23 Feb 2010, 10:36

Hi,

So they are still "in use" as the date on the card is '95, she thought maybe the are no longer used. She is going to phone the helpline so I will find out next time I go in. If you pay extra for the service I can not see why you can not use it surely the 40p covers the cost of the card and the posting. :?
Don't forget to check this out, http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/wendy1956 get cash back when buying online.

brian9999

Postby brian9999 » 23 Feb 2010, 10:43

Bryan

The service is most definitely still in use. I have seen the magic "screen" when the PO counter staff are working out actual costs (i managed to get a "back stage pass" !!). There's a little box that they click to add this cost (40p) to the ISF cost.

Neil
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Neil » 23 Feb 2010, 11:02

I know this is a bit cheeky BUT is there any way that this thread could be "pinned" on this forum. It would be a shame if this thread was lost.
I've made it a 'sticky' so it should remain at the the top of the section.

Sonochi_plusplusplus

Postby Sonochi_plusplusplus » 23 Feb 2010, 11:15

Hey Spud, the example is from italy: CHIETI (CH) it's in italy :)

brian9999

Postby brian9999 » 23 Feb 2010, 11:32

Just been getting some quotes to send Parcels Via DHL.

I regularly use :-

http://www.interparcel.com/
http://www.p4d.co.uk/

I placed my box sizes (27cm X 12cm X 14cm), weights into their websites and got a couple of good quotes from DHL (100% tracked and signed for - this is what Paypal/ebay say you should use for 100% seller protection)

p4d quoted me £17.25 +vat for the DHL Euro Plus service (100% trackable)
Interparcel quoted me £16 +vat for DHL Euro Plus service (100% trackable)

This does seem a lot of money, but just think about it. If you sell a very expensive team or several to one overseas buyer (with £100's involved) it may be worth absorbing this cost yourself, especially if they have minimal to no feedback. It is an option I would most definitely use in the future. if Subbuteo prices continue to raise, as per the last few months it will prove cost effective.

The buyer/seller can track the item himself, satisfaction guarenteed.

Just another option if you require 100% peace of mind.

bryan2dzf
Apprentice

Postby bryan2dzf » 23 Feb 2010, 11:45

Yes, I have done this on several occasions, at my own expence, for extra security and peace of mind. I would rather pay an extra £10 to £15 and know I am covered. I use interparcel for DHL as the enhanced insurance is cheaper, I think.

spudski

Postby spudski » 23 Feb 2010, 11:48

Hey Spud, the example is from italy: CHIETI (CH) it's in italy :)
I didn't see the 'stamp'...my mistake.

I drove past Chieti when i stayed in Pescara.

Heavyweight021
Grand Master

Postby Heavyweight021 » 10 Mar 2010, 09:21

Have any other 'pink forms' made their way back to you, Brian?

I'm particularly interested as Paypal just awarded £133 from my account to a guy who claimed non-delivery.

The fact that I had sent the parcel by International Signed-for Delivery, retained the proof of posting and could therefore supply a tracking number was swept aside by Paypal.

So much for being a "privileged Power Seller" and pouring £100s into the big pockets of ebay and Paypal per month!! :angry:
Image MARCHING ON TOGETHER!

Return to “Subbuteo on Ebay”