ISF Postage + COURIER SERVICES (UK + World)

The place for Ebay related Subbuteo topics (excluding auction advertising).
bryan2dzf
Apprentice

Re: ISF Postage : Added security "Advice Of Delivery"

Postby bryan2dzf » 10 Mar 2010, 15:22

Ian, have you tried claiming off Royal Mail?
Don't forget to check this out, http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/wendy1956 get cash back when buying online.

Heavyweight021
Grand Master

Postby Heavyweight021 » 10 Mar 2010, 15:27

Not yet ... the 'conclusion' to this saga was only reached late last night.

Not really sure how to go about this as I thought I'd only be entitled to the basic £39 compensation?
Image MARCHING ON TOGETHER!

bryan2dzf
Apprentice

Postby bryan2dzf » 10 Mar 2010, 15:41

Did you not enhance the insurance? Anyway worth a try £39 is better than nothing, either get the form from the Post Office or you can download it from their website.
Really though if this is what Paypal/ebay do and the proof of posting is not enough why do we give the Post Office £3.70 for a rubbish service with no signature at the other end :Doh: might as well just send normal airmail and keep your fingers crossed :angry:
My local Post Office has ordered some of the Advice od Delivery forms so I will try them out soon.
Brian, has any more been returned yet?
Don't forget to check this out, http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/wendy1956 get cash back when buying online.

Heavyweight021
Grand Master

Postby Heavyweight021 » 10 Mar 2010, 16:59

Did you not enhance the insurance?
No that time. Even though the fool had almost single-handedly scooped up all of 'Sadtoseethemgo's trash, he had bought from me (and from other members of this Forum) on previous occasions, so I felt safe on this one :-\

Recently, I've enhanced the insurance on International Signed-for items simply to give myself some protection. Bolt on certain is the fact that Paypal won't!!
Image MARCHING ON TOGETHER!

brian9999

Postby brian9999 » 11 Mar 2010, 15:42

Just a final update. Of all the cards I sent out only 2 have now come back to me. One from Italy and One from Greece. As to where the others went I do not know. Will they ever get back to me ? who knows. I am very disappointed to tell the truth.

DHL all the way.

Santiago

Postby Santiago » 28 Mar 2010, 22:39

I had loads of problems over the Christmas period, lots of international items went missing and i have insisted all items go "international signed for" since then. BUT, reading this thread it seems that this isnt good enough either, and the only way to send items abroad is to send them fully tracked which costs even more. This is ok if an item is expensive and you dont want to take the risk of loss. I have done this with items i cant, or dont want to replace if lost....ie a subbuteo ref 38 i couldnt replace and 64 teams for a tournament didnt want to have to replace. What surprises me the most is the attitude of Paypal when a claim against you is made, if proof of international signed for postage is not enough to cover you for a refund claim, then the system is fatally flawed in my opinion. You have the proof that the item was posted, what else can you do? deliver personally? Even this "advice of delivery" may not be enough to satisfy Paypal. It seems only fully tracked postage is suitable for any item, no matter how much or how little the items inside are worth.
If the items I sent were unpainted Santiago, i always sent replacements and claimed from the Post Office myself for the loss, (but this can be a struggle sometimes as they dont make it easy for you), so i havent took a Paypal refund hit for goods, but it seems i must look again at Postal rates and charges to make sure i am covered in the future. This could turn into a proper headache, a lot of people dont want to pay the extra £3.70 for isf as it is, so to ask them to pay more so EVERYONE is covered for loss is not going to go down well. But, What choice do you have????? At this rate everyone will be claiming that nothing is turning up just to get refunds all the time, (because they will get refunded by the looks of it), and the sellers who are getting hit all the time, wont stand for it and give up selling or at least stop using these sites.
Thanks for bringing this topic to attention, it is most welcome, as is the advice for the private couriers.

bryan2dzf
Apprentice

Postby bryan2dzf » 29 Mar 2010, 10:31

I have sent several international parcels all but two to Italy, with the advice of delivery attached, in the last three weeks. I have only had one card back from Greece. NONE FROM ITALY :angry: enough said :!:

chopper1965

Postby chopper1965 » 10 Apr 2010, 16:25

Having been back selling for a few months out of the 3 that have scammed me for items not received I've noticed 2 sent me the same e-mail - verbatim.
I'm uneasy about copying and pasting it here in case I'm wrong but it just seems too much of a coincidence. It looks like it's been run through one of those really bad translation sites and prays me to send 1st opportunity and prays me to refund any overpaid postage

Anyway Is Airsure just as bad as Int Signed for then? I thought it was fully trackable? If not I think I may stop sending overseas - it's just ridiculous.

brian9999

Postby brian9999 » 10 Apr 2010, 17:51

"Airsure" service is not available for Italy chopper. Airsure is tracked to the door but no signature proof of delivery is available. Again you will lose a Paypal claim if you use this service.

For items that go for a a high figure it is now IMVHO best to send via a full trackable service IE DHL. It is the only way I can sleep at night.
Had a non UK bidder win 2 items off me, then he wanted me to send the package to a different address as to his details in Paypal, I refused. (AS MUST ANYONE WHO SENDS AN ITEM WON ON EBAY). I sent the package, taking a £7.50 hit and just happily sat back and watched his item get to his door. The swine never left feedback. The buyer (Non subbuteo related) had left a string of "Item not received" feedback and I just knew that this meant trouble.

Here are the tracking details below :-

takis2003
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber

Postby takis2003 » 15 Apr 2010, 06:57

I received a parcel from bryan2dzf earlier today and as it was sent signed-for, I had to sign the relevant notice of delivery which was left in my P.O. Box to collect the parcel from the sorting office. I collected it with some other parcels and it was only when I went home that I realised that an "Advice-of-Delivery" was securely attached to it. It seems therefore that the procedure of having to sign that as well so as to send it back to the sender was not followed. My guess is that it is not something which is done often (if at all) and the officers at my local Post Office didn't know how to handle it. I will go back tomorrow and tell them about it. :roll:
1 to 100 HW series now completed. :fadein:

All HW national teams references now collected. :D

What should be next? :roll:

bryan2dzf
Apprentice

Postby bryan2dzf » 15 Apr 2010, 17:22

Glad to know the parcel arrived, hope all is OK :wink: I have sent several parcels with the advice of delivery attached but only got three back :angry:If I don't get many more back I am going to forget it as it is not worth the effort, shame because it would give extra peace of mind when shipping abroad.

Thanks takis, let me know what they say at your post office :wave:

takis2003
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber

Postby takis2003 » 16 Apr 2010, 12:23

I went back to the Post Office today and as suspected, they (the one or two officers I talked to) didn't know of the "Advice of Delivery" procedure. In any case, I gave the card to them and told them that it had to be signed and stamped and be sent back to the sender. So, now we have to wait and see whether bryan2dzf will get it back. :roll:

This doesn't mean that the same thing would happen in some other sorting office in Cyprus. It does show, however, that the "Advice of Delivery" does not seem to be as widely understood in the same way as the "Signed for Delivery" procedure and whether it is carried out or not depends on the knowledge of the local Post Office officers. :Doh:
1 to 100 HW series now completed. :fadein:

All HW national teams references now collected. :D

What should be next? :roll:

ViVaIlSubbuteo

Postby ViVaIlSubbuteo » 20 Apr 2010, 01:05

I would like to say something about my postal experience from UK or from any other countries (UE or not UE) to italy and viceversa from Italy to UK or any other countries.
It's a strange period for "royalmail" and "poste.it": in march i didn't receive a parcel from uk (18.50£+normal airmail small packets as p&P). The same thing happens in April but the value is different: 90£+10.45 as p&P. WHAT'S HAPPENING?
One time i received a call from a person living in the other part of my city: i was lucky because he was telling me about a parcel delivered to him but addressed to me :)....(this is the most frequent case and normally the parcel, the letter, is not delivered to the right address after delivered to the wrong address :(...)
Another time i went to the post office to take a parcel delivered but without a person able to keep it. Normally the parcel if is "signed international for" returns to the postal office and stays there up to 10days and only after that period begins its trial back to the sender......
Another time the parcel was delivered 3 months after sent :)....
Another time i went to the post office to take a parcel delivered as "signed international for" and the officer told me that was there another parcel addressed to me waiting from some days there :) it was not "signed international for" :)
Another time........tell me please if you know it one....
The good thing in these situations is the % of no delivered parcels that it's near 3% (ALL WITHOUT "SIGNED INTERNATIONAL FOR" equivalent for raccomandata in italian postal system ) and the bad thing is the mechanical and human error if the buyer is honest of course...

When i send to UK, normally i send it as normal airmail small packets...all delivered :)

Again i must say, if the address is correct and the parcel is sent to italy as "signed international for" could happen 3 things:
1) the parcel is delivered and one feedback or claim should be left :(
2) the parcel is delivered but without a person able to keep it (normally the postal service can try 2 or 3 times to deliver the parcel)..see above how it could finish
3) the mystery of the postal service and of the human being.....and of course any kind of receipt is not working in this case...

hope this helps,

ciao a tutti,

Mich

brian9999

Postby brian9999 » 11 Jun 2010, 07:36

I have just found the cheapest courier service on the net for UK customers :-

https://www.transglobal.org.uk/

I registered yesterday and they sent me a very nice welcome pack including a nice mouse mat and drinks coaster for free !

brian9999

Postby brian9999 » 07 Sep 2010, 09:14

Very cheap parcels to Italy (£15.29 + vat 1okg max)

http://www.parcel2ship.co.uk/acatalog/P ... Italy.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Subbuteo on Ebay”